GreaseSpot Cafe

The trick is never to say "I think"

DrWearWord

Aren't we supposed to "know"?

:)

DrWearWord at your service...

Glad I found you all...

Peace with God

I'm glad you found us as well! Of course we all "know that we know" but upon occasion we do run amok! But we never say "I think" :rolleyes: (Well maybe sometimes)

Welcome to the Spot. I look forward to having some stimulating discussion with you.

God first

Beloved DrWearWord

God loves you my dear friend

I glad the doctor is here now welcome to our little world

were we know little but reach to know it all

the beginning of our trip from fleshly knowledge to spiritual knowledge

the flesh against the spirit wuth hopes that in the end the spirit wins

the day I leave my flesh and become a true creature of spirit

I will end now before I show you I do not know as I am known yet

thank you

with Godly love and a holy spiritual kiss of Christ blowing your way Roy

I'm tired of knowing.. sometimes, I'd just like to have room to think..

:biglaugh:

I suggest that we didn't really "knew that we knew that we knew".. we only thought that we knew.

Seems "I KNOW" makes the bucket pretty darn full.

Since so much of what "I know" has been proven to be false and wrong, I prefer to think these days.

It's quite a bit easier to acknowledge that I could be wrong. ;)

It also makes me more open to learning so much more without the flippin' ego getting into the way. You just can't talk to people who know it all.

The stuff one can learn when they are just thinking instead of so caught up in knowing is amazing.

Welcome, Dr...

As for knowing and thinking - when I was a teenager, I thought I knew everything... now I KNOW I don't, so I think a little bit more.

Have some coffee,

Jane

When in twi, with cult mind-set, I knew that I knew that I knew, and anyone who disagreed with me was wrong.

Then out of twi I began to see that other people thought things that were different than what I had believe was the only way to look at things, and I found that other opinions were valid and often true.

Here at Greasespot Cafe, people are free to have opinions, and differing ones at that.

So I can think and analyze and other thought processes have been opened up for me here.

IMO isn't just another acronym for me, but a treasure of being able to freely express an opinion (which I wasn't able to for the 20+ years I was in twi).

I still believe in absolute truth that you can know, but in TWI sometimes the problem was that people would be talking about things that really were subject to opinions as though their opinion was absolute truth. Break out the Excedrin.