GreaseSpot Cafe

Have you been brainwashed? Take the quiz!

JavaJane

I have found out from this quiz that I am only minorly brainwashed. BRAINWASH QUIZ

Glad to find out I'm coming out of it... But not sure how accurate it really is :rolleyes: .

Enjoy!

(from the same website that brought you the accent quiz in the open forum)

Edited by JavaJane

I too, have overcome most brainwashing

--that leaves the important question--

What brainwashing haven't I overcome? and

If I'm brainwashed in those areas won't the brainwashing prevent me rom realizing I'm brainwashed in those areas?

Now see what has happened-- I'm going to have to start thinking in order to weed out the rest of the brainwashing

Oh woe is me!

The customized version of the Brainwashing Quiz:

1. When the Bible is being discussed among your (non-TWI) friends, do you continue to believe that you know more than anyone else about the subject?

2. Do you still think that people who believe in the Trinity are "idolatrous" and therefore have forfeited their chances for eternal life? How about their "crowns in heaven"?

3. Do you hang on to the idea that all negative things come from the devil?

4. Do you avoid wearing a cross around your neck or having one as a wall decoration in your home?

5. Is your first reaction to a difficult situation to speak in tongues - silently, in your mind - rather than to immediately pursue a solution to the problem?

6. Do you think environmentalists are nature-worshippers?

7. Do you use a wooden spoon as a "rod of correction" on your child?

8. When you experience failure, do you begin to re-trace your recent past in order to identify where you "blew it" spiritually?

9. When considering whether an idea or event is valid, is the Bible your ultimate reference point for truth?

10. If you encounter a mentally ill person, does you "diagnosis" of that person include the name of a devil spirit?

11. When you pray, does each sentence of the prayer begin with ... "Thank you father"?

12. Do you believe that when a Christian husband and wife disagree, the wife should submit?

13. When someone is very very very successful at what they do, do you consider that this might be because of an affiliation with the Adversary?

14. Do you find yourself rejecting any perspectives from other religions?

15. Do you believe that babies are not alive until they take their first breath?

16. Does it still matter to you how many were crucified with Christ?

17. Is your life patterned more after the Epistles than the Gospels?

Add up your "yes"s and "no"s. If you have more "yes" answers than "no" answers, you are still brainwashed, and TWI still has a grip on you.

1. When the Bible is being discussed among your (non-TWI) friends, do you continue to believe that you know more than anyone else about the subject?

NO

2. Do you still think that people who believe in the Trinity are "idolatrous" and therefore have forfeited their chances for eternal life? NO How about their "crowns in heaven"? NO

3. Do you hang on to the idea that all negative things come from the devil?Sort of

4. Do you avoid wearing a cross around your neck or having one as a wall decoration in your home? NO

5. Is your first reaction to a difficult situation to speak in tongues - silently, in your mind - rather than to immediately pursue a solution to the problem? NO

6. Do you think environmentalists are nature-worshippers? Not in a the sense of being a "pagan" religion

7. Do you use a wooden spoon as a "rod of correction" on your child? NO

8. When you experience failure, do you begin to re-trace your recent past in order to identify where you "blew it" spiritually? Sometimes

9. When considering whether an idea or event is valid, is the Bible your ultimate reference point for truth? Depends on the idea

10. If you encounter a mentally ill person, does you "diagnosis" of that person include the name of a devil spirit? NO

11. When you pray, does each sentence of the prayer begin with ... "Thank you father"? NO, well sometimes, still working to erase this one

12. Do you believe that when a Christian husband and wife disagree, the wife should submit? Not if you mean "submit" as in admitting her postion is invalid

13. When someone is very very very successful at what they do, do you consider that this might be because of an affiliation with the Adversary? NO

14. Do you find yourself rejecting any perspectives from other religions? NO

15. Do you believe that babies are not alive until they take their first breath? they aren't aLiive until they take their first breath, but I consider them as human from the point that they can survive out of the womb. Since medical science has saved infants born after as little as 5 months in the womb, this window between fetus and human has grown smaller and smaller

16. Does it still matter to you how many were crucified with Christ? NO

17. Is your life patterned more after the Epistles than the Gospels? No

Add up your "yes"s and "no"s. If you have more "yes" answers than "no" answers, you are still brainwashed, and TWI still has a grip on you.

Ten No's

Zero Yes's

and seven somewhere in betweens

It's difficult not to be smug about it.. trying desperately to kill that

2. Do you still think that people who believe in the Trinity are "idolatrous" and therefore have forfeited their chances for eternal life? NO How about their "crowns in heaven"? No..

3. Do you hang on to the idea that all negative things come from the devil? yes

4. Do you avoid wearing a cross around your neck or having one as a wall decoration in your home? yes and no.. we have a few just not hanging up

5. Is your first reaction to a difficult situation to speak in tongues - silently, in your mind - rather than to immediately pursue a solution to the problem? no

6. Do you think environmentalists are nature-worshippers? in a sense

7. Do you use a wooden spoon as a "rod of correction" on your child? or whatever else is available

8. When you experience failure, do you begin to re-trace your recent past in order to identify where you "blew it" spiritually? YES

9. When considering whether an idea or event is valid, is the Bible your ultimate reference point for truth? Depends on the idea

10. If you encounter a mentally ill person, does you "diagnosis" of that person include the name of a devil spirit? LMAO YES

11. When you pray, does each sentence of the prayer begin with ... "Thank you father"? I used to laugh when you could tell someone was trying to outdo the other

12. Do you believe that when a Christian husband and wife disagree, the wife should submit? My father used to repeatedly say that.. and no

13. When someone is very very very successful at what they do, do you consider that this might be because of an affiliation with the Adversary? at times

14. Do you find yourself rejecting any perspectives from other religions? I find myself still to be very very skeptical

15. Do you believe that babies are not alive until they take their first breath? " they aren't aLiive until they take their first breath, but I consider them as human from the point that they can survive out of the womb. Since medical science has saved infants born after as little as 5 months in the womb, this window between fetus and human has grown smaller and smaller" .. I'll stick with that answer

16. Does it still matter to you how many were crucified with Christ? no .. but I can't seem to get away from the "tree"

17. Is your life patterned more after the Epistles than the Gospels? more right around when evan almighty began building the arc

You are only minorly brainwashed.

You let some things influence you, but you know if it gets too far. You also often react without thinking things through.

I think I like Shifra's better - my score is much better on her test. :biglaugh:

Shifra, it IS a very good measure of some of the mindsets and thought patterns/processes we have to get over. :eusa_clap:

The first thing I wanted to do after my ex moved out of the house was to find a cross necklace to wear.... just cause I could. I didn't find one I just couldn't live without, but I did get a Celtic Cross.

I also have two Buddha statues in my house now. One of the Indian Buddha and one of the Chinese Buddha. That would've NEVER happened in TWI.

No I never really did

2. Do you still think that people who believe in the Trinity are "idolatrous" and therefore have forfeited their chances for eternal life? I do not know for sure How about their "crowns in heaven"? I do not know

Yes and at least His initial influences

4. Do you avoid wearing a cross around your neck or having one as a wall decoration in your home?

Yes, I prefer the Glory of His resurrection

5. Is your first reaction to a difficult situation to speak in tongues - silently, in your mind - rather than to immediately pursue a solution to the problem?

Yes and I do both

6. Do you think environmentalists are nature-worshipers?

No

7. Do you use a wooden spoon as a "rod of correction" on your child? or whatever else is available

I did and would again, as i would never misuse it.

8. When you experience failure, do you begin to re-trace your recent past in order to identify where you "blew it" spiritually?

Yes

9. When considering whether an idea or event is valid, is the Bible your ultimate reference point for truth?

Yes.

10. If you encounter a mentally ill person, does you "diagnosis" of that person include the name of a devil spirit?

Not without true knowledge that that is in fact the problem.

11. When you pray, does each sentence of the prayer begin with ... "Thank you father"?

No I am not trying to bore God or impress anyone!

12. Do you believe that when a Christian husband and wife disagree, the wife should submit.

only in a relationship where the husband loves his wife as Christ loved the church...and does not suppress her impute or lord over her in ungodly ways

13. When someone is very very very successful at what they do, do you consider that this might be because of an affiliation with the Adversary?

It is a possibility, but never is it my 1st thought

14. Do you find yourself rejecting any perspectives from other religions?

I am searching for the truth; not searching to be anyones judge; whether or not I would agree with them or not

15. Do you believe that babies are not alive until they take their first breath?

Yes, but they would be alive if allowed to be born

16. Does it still matter to you how many were crucified with Christ?

Accuracy will always matter to me

17. Is your life patterned more after the Epistles than the Gospels?

No.

I never much cared for yes /no black and white conclusion...everything is not black and white...You cannot grow in a box filled with "Ticky Tacky and they all look the same"

Thank you for the test Shifra

Edited by RainbowsGirl

No--my non TWI friends don't dicuss the Bible., adndI don't discuss religion etc with co workers or aquaintances(except on GSC)

2. Do you still think that people who believe in the Trinity are "idolatrous" and therefore have forfeited their chances for eternal life? No. I don't believe eternal lihe is earned. How about their "crowns in heaven"? No.

No, I don't believe in the devil. I do believe there is constant balancing and rebalancing of order and chaos in all of life, even in people, and chaos can cause unforseen negative events. Also, people can give in to their chaotic impulses and do negative things. But chaos isn't evil--good can come from chaos too.

4. Do you avoid wearing a cross around your neck or having one as a wall decoration in your home? Yes

5. Is your first reaction to a difficult situation to speak in tongues - silently, in your mind - rather than to immediately pursue a solution to the problem? No, but I had to consciencely stop because it was an unthinking habit.

6. Do you think environmentalists are nature-worshippers? No, but i think nature worshippers are environmentalists.

7. Do you use a wooden spoon as a "rod of correction" on your child? Not any more. I use them for cooking. I use methods other than pain to correct my children.

8. When you experience failure, do you begin to re-trace your recent past in order to identify where you "blew it" spiritually? No, but i do think it through to see if there is away to do better.

9. When considering whether an idea or event is valid, is the Bible your ultimate reference point for truth? No

10. If you encounter a mentally ill person, does you "diagnosis" of that person include the name of a devil spirit? No. I think the person is ill--the brain is an organ, it can get sick.

11. When you pray, does each sentence of the prayer begin with ... "Thank you father"? No, I converse or meditate and listen.

12. Do you believe that when a Christian husband and wife disagree, the wife should submit? Christians can do what they want, but I don't believe gender makes anyone spiritually superior.

13. When someone is very very very successful at what they do, do you consider that this might be because of an affiliation with the Adversary? No

14. Do you find yourself rejecting any perspectives from other religions? Any? No Some--yes.

15. Do you believe that babies are not alive until they take their first breath? I believe a fetus has as much human life as anyone, they are just far more fragile, just like a small child is more fragile than an adult, and needs care.

16. Does it still matter to you how many were crucified with Christ? no

17. Is your life patterned more after the Epistles than the Gospels? No

Wow! Bramble! You should teach a class on how to get un-brainwashed!

I remember spending a day with you after a tornado in that horrible flat city we lived in. You and your family were checking on all of your neighbors to make sure they were OK, and assisting them with pulling fallen trees from their yards and driveways. What a day that was! And then the Limb Coordinator showed up, and chewed you out for not keeping your place decent and in order.

Amazing.

And now you have apparently unloaded all of that bullsh!t and moved on to a balanced and sensible life. Y'know ... unless you've been there ... in that state of total acceptance of all the craziness of TWI ... you have no idea what a long strange trip it is back to reality. Getting un-brainwashed is sorta like surviving cancer or becoming un-addicted to meth. Just short of a miracle. Waytogo, Bramble!

Here's my results:

To what extent have you been brainwashed?

You are only minorly brainwashed.

You let some things influence you, but you know if it gets too far. You also often react without thinking things through.

And according to Shifra's customized brainwashing test:

1. When the Bible is being discussed among your (non-TWI) friends, do you continue to believe that you know more than anyone else about the subject? Nope

2. Do you still think that people who believe in the Trinity are "idolatrous" and therefore have forfeited their chances for eternal life? How about their "crowns in heaven"? Uhm…I believe in the Trinity now…[so Nope to # 2] - PS - I think non-Trinitarians are cool too!!!!!!

3. Do you hang on to the idea that all negative things come from the devil? No – I do a good job of screwing things up myself.

4. Do you avoid wearing a cross around your neck or having one as a wall decoration in your home? Are you kidding? - Love the Cross! Nope to # 4

5. Is your first reaction to a difficult situation to speak in tongues - silently, in your mind - rather than to immediately pursue a solution to the problem? Usually I'll think something like, "Lord, need a little help here. Grant me the wisdom and courage to take the best course of action.

6. Do you think environmentalists are nature-worshippers? Is their altar made of synthetic or natural materials? Careful – that's a trick question. "oh crap – he's answering a question with a question." Ok – seriously my answer is "Nope."

7. Do you use a wooden spoon as a "rod of correction" on your child? Nope – "timeout" is the ticket. It drives them nuts! It's like being stuck in traffic for adults.

8. When you experience failure, do you begin to re-trace your recent past in order to identify where you "blew it" spiritually? Nope. I re-trace my steps to see where I need to improve and to garner any lessons.

9. When considering whether an idea or event is valid, is the Bible your ultimate reference point for truth? The Bible is certainly a factor when I process certain things – but I also believe there is truth in other belief systems – and usually lean towards considering other viewpoints – attempting to see the bigger picture.

10. If you encounter a mentally ill person, does you "diagnosis" of that person include the name of a devil spirit? Never did - never will!

11. When you pray, does each sentence of the prayer begin with ... "Thank you father"? Same answer as # 10 – not anymore.

12. Do you believe that when a Christian husband and wife disagree, the wife should submit? Nope.

13. When someone is very very very successful at what they do, do you consider that this might be because of an affiliation with the Adversary? No – I admire them for having discipline, skill and good fortune.

14. Do you find yourself rejecting any perspectives from other religions? Nope – see my answer on # 9.

15. Do you believe that babies are not alive until they take their first breath? Nope – I believe the image of God is in everyone and take Psalm 139 very seriously!

16. Does it still matter to you how many were crucified with Christ? Nope.

17. Is your life patterned more after the Epistles than the Gospels? Not sure – I usually think in terms of my relationship with a person [My Lord] rather than a book.

Edited by T-Bone