GreaseSpot Cafe

The New Theme

Belle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy in the yellow scarf used to be my boss.

Excie, do you know him? He's been at HQ for over 25 years.

I know him. I used to deal with his wife a lot while she was interior design. She wasn't nice. He seemed ok-but I never had to deal with him much.

all of those people are potential candidates for the 'WHAT NOT TO WEAR' program.... Stacey and Clinton would eat them alive!!

Those brown skirts for one... OMG.... those skirts are designed to make women look absolutely hideous. Bad enough they're standing on a stage where some of the most insane and hideous doctrine is spoken... I guess they want all of them to look the part!! I actually can't look at those outfits very long without my stomach turning itself into one solid knot. Those skirts are a pleasant 'cow sh!t brown'. Maybe their trying to get the 'corn field' feeling happening.

and pasty ... those people look sooooo pasty like they haven't seen the light of day for I don't know how long.

The movie 'PLEASANTVILLE' ... keeps coming to mind.

(except their 'KNOXVILLE' ain't so pleasant... well come to think about it, neither was 'PLEASANTVILLE').

I'm repulsed.

Edited by A la prochaine

Ed H**ney used to refer to anyone who wasn't grounds crew as cave dwellers. lol Looking at the video, maybe there was some truth to that!

all of those people are potential candidates for the 'WHAT NOT TO WEAR' program.... Stacey and Clinton would eat them alive!!

Those brown skirts for one... OMG.... those skirts are designed to make women look absolutely hideous. Bad enough they're standing on a stage where some of the most insane and hideous doctrine is spoken... I guess they want all of them to look the part!! I actually can't look at those outfits very long without my stomach turning itself into one solid knot. Those skirts are a pleasant 'cow sh!t brown'. Maybe their trying to get the 'corn field' feeling happening.

and pasty ... those people look sooooo pasty like they haven't seen the light of day for I don't know how long.

The movie 'PLEASANTVILLE' ... keeps coming to mind.

(except their 'KNOXVILLE' ain't so pleasant... well come to think about it, neither was 'PLEASANTVILLE').

I'm repulsed.

I know him. I used to deal with his wife a lot while she was interior design. She wasn't nice. He seemed ok-but I never had to deal with him much.

I worked with her as well. She left Interior Design to work in Printing Services with her husband. We worked side-by-side. I actually enjoyed knowing her. I worked at HQ for 3 years before working with her, and I thought she was stuck up. I think she's just not a overtly sociable kind of person. When you get to know her, she's a lovely person. At least that was my experience. I don't want to discredit anyone else's experiences.

This same lady told me that she knew a woman who was distressed over having sex with VPW. She told me this right after the LCM fiasco happened. Her thoughts were "Do you leave the Word just because someone did something wrong?" My thoughts right now are "HELL Yes!!" We all know leaving The Way does not equate with leaving the Word (whatever that means :rolleyes: ) or leaving God. I sure wish some of the good ones still in could figure that out.

I worked with her as well. She left Interior Design to work in Printing Services with her husband. We worked side-by-side. I actually enjoyed knowing her. I worked at HQ for 3 years before working with her, and I thought she was stuck up. I think she's just not a overtly sociable kind of person. When you get to know her, she's a lovely person. At least that was my experience. I don't want to discredit anyone else's experiences.

This same lady told me that she knew a woman who was distressed over having sex with VPW. She told me this right after the LCM fiasco happened. Her thoughts were "Do you leave the Word just because someone did something wrong?" My thoughts right now are "HELL Yes!!" We all know leaving The Way does not equate with leaving the Word (whatever that means :rolleyes: ) or leaving God. I sure wish some of the good ones still in could figure that out.

My apologies, it could be that my perception was based on her stressing over her responsiblities--and EVERYONE was stressing out at that time. I didn't know her personally, just when our responsiblites overlapped.

I think the thing that hurts my heart the most right now is the fact that most innies think leaving the Way means leaving the Word and forsaking God. I guess too many years of the God equals His Word and the Word is the ministry/ministry is the Word logic. Right before I left I sat through 2 teachings that equated serving Jesus Christ as Lord as being completely sold out to the Way. I had started to see the light then--I wish I would have confronted that illogic then in front of other well-meaning folks who are still deceived.

A more concise, theme is needed.

Why not:

"we'll give you da "VERD", and won't bum you out with reality.."

:biglaugh:

or..

"stand tall and look important, and carry a white and green sylabus"

later you can look MORE important, have a name tag, and carry a green and white sylabus..

Well... we make clothes from hemp now...

Maybe those skirts are environmentally friendly - perhaps someone figured out how to turn a cow patty into fabric... ;)

Before long, the cows will have to abundantly share their ...umm...abundance.

I think it's the new TWI Birth control poster picture underneath it lies thwe words

"My Daddy didn't use a condom and now look at me"

or maybe something like "THis is your brain, This is brain and your skirt after spending some time with rosie - Any Questiosn"

Edited by Out There

those photos are at least a couple months old. (some people in the photos are not on Staff anymore, they may even lurk here. although I'm sure they had to "renew their minds" to wear those outfits and "be blessed". )

Bolshevik, I'm sure it took a lot of "renewed mind" talk to get "blessed" to wear that cr@p! They must still be "in" for TWI to still have the video on their website? Or do they no longer completely obliterate all traces of "copped out" individuals?

I guess it might be hard to do if people are continuing to leave in droves.... :huh:

Baby boomers generally have more CASH than the youths.

Yes, but they are generally wiser than the youths, which is why so many of us left as we got older and why it's so hard to get "fresh fruit" from a prune. :biglaugh:

Bolshevik, I'm sure it took a lot of "renewed mind" talk to get "blessed" to wear that cr@p! They must still be "in" for TWI to still have the video on their website? Or do they no longer completely obliterate all traces of "copped out" individuals?

. . .

I just hope they don't see this thread and take it personnally.

what I wonder is.. where are the group of young, motivated, happy people who would ORDINARILY be up front in a choir like this?

I remember years back when one or two were in the same age group as this bunch, and Branded was young and full of pep and exuberance.

Now they are all old. Not being critical, I'm about the same age..

:biglaugh:

but.. what's up with this?

Yeah.. if I was in the choir, it wouldn't be too pleasant to read this thread..

Perchance you are, I'd get mad. Not at people here, but at the jokers who dressed me in a clown suit..

you deserve better..

:)

What are they gonna do next week? Dress them in cute little sailor outfits?

sheesh..

Frumpy is hardly the word. Men and women. They could dress better from the local charity shop.

They (well, the women) are hardly this:

PS 45:13 All glorious is the princess within her chamber; her gown is interwoven with gold.

or this:

Prov 31:22 She ... is clothed in fine linen and purple

What a sad "advert" for God's abundance.

the photos are from the spring blossom concert 2006.

The theme was country, so the guys wore those things (whatever they are)

the person who "designed" them was not around when vpw was.

(((((Bolshevik)))))

I am truly sorry if any one has their feelings hurt - especially the person who designed them. I'm certain that they were doing the best they could given the guidelines, oversight and micro-management so common in TWI.

The guys' thingies are typical old time country and normally it would be a good costume decision. :) It's just a horrible co-inky-dink that vee pee wore something like it.

We've all got things in our TWI past that make us cringe or that are so horribly embarrassing that we wish to never remember them. It's just a painful reminder of how absolutely ridiculous involvement with TWI was for some of us and how powerless we allowed ourselves to become.....how absolutely degraded we were, worse - how much we debased our own selves.

Bolshevik

I see your point about the designer not being from the "good old days".

It makes sense.

Is it possible, though, that someone who was around during the "good old days" made the connection when they saw the photos and jumped on an opportunity to use them in this manner?

I don't know.

I could be wrong.

It just seems too spooky to be a total coincidence.