GreaseSpot Cafe

the way international

cheranne

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think there have been a thread or two discussing this very idea...lol

Couldn`t tell you where to find them, but we had the stars picked out to play the various villains :)

Aren't Michael Moore's "movies" just interviews and fabrications? No cast needed.

I doubt he'd do a movie that only p---es off a few thousand people.

George

I think Stephen King already wrote that story - "Children of the Corn" from Night Shift.

Plot Summary - from Wikipedia

A couple has set out on a cross-country road trip to California, in a failing effort to save their disintegrating marriage.

While driving in rural Nebraska, they run over the body of a young boy who was killed and thrown onto the road.

Looking for the authorities, they take the body on to the next spot on the map; Gatlin, a small, isolated town that

seems to be abandoned. Too late, they learn that years previously the town's children murdered everyone

after embracing the bloody pseudo-Christian cult of an evil being that lurks in the corn fields: "He Who Walks Behind the Rows".

The wife is captured by the children and the husband barely manages to escape into the cornfields surrounding the town.

After running some distance, he believes that he has lost the children that had been following him but instead discovers

the body of his wife, the town's minister, and a police chief. All three have been sacrificed to "He Who Walks Behind the Rows.

It is then that he realizes that he is on the holy grounds of "He Who Walks Behind the Rows"

and that an enormous being with glowing red eyes is slowing approaching...

The next morning, a group of children from Gatlin are at the sacrificial place, looking at the bodies of the two recently killed adults.

A nine year old boy, Isaac, who is known as a "seer" by the inhabitants, tells them that "He Who Walks Behind The Rows" is displeased

with their most recent sacrifice and lowers the sacrificial age from nineteen to eighteen.

The story ends with the eighteen year-olds in the village walking stoically into the corn.

-------------

We fool ourselves so much we could do it for a living. - Wireman (from Duma Key by Stephen King)

I'd call the twi Movie. "A-crock-of-$ hi t, Now" or "The Island of Dr. Wierwille" of course since Brando is dead we'd need someone else to play Dr.'s part... I think Gary Busey would be great.

Clancy Brown would make a great LCM

Seth

Edited by Seth R.

Aren't Michael Moore's "movies" just interviews and fabrications? No cast needed.

I doubt he'd do a movie that only p---es off a few thousand people.

George

Now George, for a PhD, this is an awfully ignorant comment. Fabrications? Not hardly.

With a view like you've expressed, I'm not sure how you could guess with ANY degree of confidence what Moore would do. :rolleyes:

I think that the masters of black comedy, the Coen brothers should make the film...Steve Buscemi could play Howard Allen...Kathy Bates could play Rosie...hee hee, it's fun to think of it.

THAT is a thoughtful comment on this topic!

Buscemi would even physically resemble HA. And Kathy Bates does a heck of a dark female villain.

Now George, for a PhD, this is an awfully ignorant comment. Fabrications? Not hardly.

With a view like you've expressed, I'm not sure how you could guess with ANY degree of confidence what Moore would do. :rolleyes:

I know George .. George is a friend of mine .... You're no George St. George ...

George and his PhD are not making an ignorant comment .. maybe you should learn to back off in the face of superior intellect ... :spy:

A degree in Chemistry is not like philosophy .. or whaever your degree was ... I switched out of Chemistry .. so I know it is no piece of cake ... organic chem, p chem .. differential equations ... and that was just early undergrad...

I salute the chemistry doctorate :)

I know George .. George is a friend of mine .... You're no George St. George ...

George and his PhD are not making an ignorant comment .. maybe you should learn to back off in the face of superior intellect ... :spy:

laughing024.gif

Okay, you're so smart...(?) name that logical fallacy (the one YOU committed). It IS a logical fallacy and you should be able to name it.

And I am NOT talking about your clumsy grammar.

Okay, you're so smart...(?) name that logical fallacy (the one YOU committed). It IS a logical fallacy and you should be able to name it.

And I am NOT talking about your clumsy grammar.

I said George was so smart, not me ... you can't even follow that?

laughing024.gif

Edited by rhino

British talk show host Graham Norton or the late John Iman(Wilberforce Humphries from "Are You Being Served?"") as the Craigster.

The only Michael Moore movie I sat through entirely was "Roger and Me." It was all interviews; and in the sense that he only used those parts that agreed with his agenda, it was a fabrication. It didn't require a Ph.D. to see that. I haven't seen "Farenheit 9/11" or "Sicko"; reviews I've read of them indicate that he hasn't changed his modus operandi.

Now, could someone ELSE make a good movie about TWI? Probably.

George

Too bad ol' Stanley Kubrik is dead. I think he would have done the best job of all. Michael Moore would more than likely end up falling in love with Rosie...all she'd have to do is give him a couple hot dogs...and end up making another Way Corps promotional video, and getting a position on the BOT. He'd be good at it. His mendacity is legendary.

I still think Richard Simmons should play LCM in the remake (or sequel) of "Athletes of the Spirit".

Now that I think about it, since Stanley Kubrik is dead, maybe those guys who made that movie "Team America: World Police" might be called upon to work their cinema magic. They did a quite accurate portrayal of the Film Actors Guild using puppets.

maybe off topic, but as long as we are talking fat men like mikey moore ... is it true that lcm swelled up for a period after athletes of the spirit? Somewhere I heard he became rather large, perhaps from the stress of prosecution ...

I haven't followed the whole thread, but maybe it could all be done with the Rocky Horror Picture Show characters ...

maybe off topic, but as long as we are talking fat men like mikey moore ... is it true that lcm swelled up for a period after athletes of the spirit? Somewhere I heard he became rather large, perhaps from the stress of prosecution ...

I haven't followed the whole thread, but maybe it could all be done with the Rocky Horror Picture Show characters ...

Okay then......how about the guy that did KILL BILL?