GreaseSpot Cafe

New here...just saying hey

br'erziska

Hey all,

I am new to greasespot and am very thankful to have found it. I was born in '90 and my parents left twi in '89 after lcm's demand for allegiance. However, i grew up going to splinter group events, had a control freak for a fc, struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts, took a bunch of splinter group classes including cgeer's crap, had a bit of what might be called a conversion experience, read a lot of vpw's stuff and liked it for a little while; then I started questioning things, got labeled as possessed, and that began my exodus that continues to this day. i finally went on greasespot in oct of 09 and it opened my eyes to the fact that twi was/is a culture of lies and abuse.

Well, i guess that's the cliff-notes version of my life. Just looking for acceptance and support as i try to find my path out of the way.

br'erziska

welcome to the Cafe. Can I get you a menu and drink?

Welcome

come on in!

i finally went on greasespot in oct of 09 and it opened my eyes to the fact that twi was/is a culture of lies and abuse.

Congratulations thats a gigantic gigantic step in the right direction to put together a shattered reality.

You are among people who can relate to your trials, have been through this before you---and listen pretty well.

Whats your name mean and how do I pronounce it?

Hey there. C'mon in and rest awhile. There's plenty to chew on here and lots of similar journeys to read and learn from. Take your time and know we're happy to help however we can!

Cheers! :anim-smile:

HOly Crap !!! so sorry you had to go through that! Just think how much you are going to be able to help someone else who has been in similar situations!

Welcome here. I got out just 5 years ago....and Greasespot was the window washer extroidinare! Cleaned all the gunk off my Way colored glasses so I could finally SEE!!!!!!!

spend some time reading the articles and chatting here. If you really want to talk, I can help you if you PM me. AT least I can share what I did to help get though a lot of the hurts.

take care!

Welcome

come on in!

Congratulations thats a gigantic gigantic step in the right direction to put together a shattered reality.

You are among people who can relate to your trials, have been through this before you---and listen pretty well.

Whats your name mean and how do I pronounce it?

Thanks for the welcome:) It is a huge relief to finally find folks who will actually listen without reprimanding me for being bitter and unforgiving and who can actually relate to what I've been through.

As for my screen name, br'er is afro-american slang for brother. I first heard the term in "Br'er Rabbit" which is a collection of children's tales of african origin. As for ziska, my family's name is zika and one of my reletives thought that we could trace our lineage back to Jan Ziska who was a reformer in the bohemian church in the 13th or 14th century. He was Jan Hus's right hand man.

Hope that makes sense.

Shalom.

As for ziska, my family's name is zika and one of my reletives thought that we could trace our lineage back to Jan Ziska who was a reformer in the bohemian church in the 13th or 14th century. He was Jan Hus's right hand man.

In that case,

Jak se mas! :dance:

George (family name originally Juraschek)

Thanks for the welcome:) It is a huge relief to finally find folks who will actually listen without reprimanding me for being bitter and unforgiving and who can actually relate to what I've been through.

Ho, bro. We've nearly all been through it, to some degree. Feel free to rant, shout, be angry, change your mind lots of times, as you feel your way to your new normal. Lots of wrong has been done; there's lots to get upset about. There are several TWI child survivors at the Cafe.

Welcome!

You're very very young. You may not have enough "real life experience" to compare your experiences with regular life. But because you are so young, the whole world is open to you and you can pick any path that suits your fancy.

Do you have a good place to live? reliable transportation? How about a job? Although if you have somebody willing to let you skate on those and will pick those up for you that could give you a bit of breathing room.

What do you think you would like us to help with first?

I finally went on greasespot in oct of 09 and it opened my eyes to the fact that twi was/is a culture of lies and abuse.

Just looking for acceptance and support as i try to find my path out of the way.

Yup... welcome, welcome, welcome... many of us have come here for all the same reasons... this place was my therapy for a long, long time!

Lots of information here, and lots of people willing to answer your questions.

Happy reading!

--TheHighWay

Welcome! That what I did before I came here I studied did a lot of search engine searches. I found a lot of answers here. Welcome from middle earth! The TWI ring of sauon was already destroyed. The only thing is they do not realize yet. If you need the ghost army let me know. I can summon them up in a jiffy!

You're very very young. You may not have enough "real life experience" to compare your experiences with regular life. But because you are so young, the whole world is open to you and you can pick any path that suits your fancy.

Do you have a good place to live? reliable transportation? How about a job? Although if you have somebody willing to let you skate on those and will pick those up for you that could give you a bit of breathing room.

What do you think you would like us to help with first?

Krys,

I am not quite sure I know what you're getting at, but i will try to answer your questions the best I can. I currently reside with a university chaplain and his wife. They offered to put me up when I dropped out of college. i volunteer at a store-front ministry of the local methodist church that includes a thrift store, emergency food for folks in crises situations, a weekly community meal, a sunday worship service, and various other services to the community. That is kind of my job; i also teach a little bit of piano. I worked in a community garden last summer that was tied to the store-front ministry. I have decent transportation. So, in a way, I have some breathing room to figure stuff out. I might move to an anabaptist community here in the near future and would eventually like to get into permaculture.

Hope that answers your questions.

What are you offering to help with?

Message to john you are not my father!

What?

Hello,

Thank you all for the warm welcome to the cafe.

In the next few weeks i will probably share more of my story and ask some questions.