GreaseSpot Cafe

Consequences are much worse...

OldSkool

The name tag indicated, class / program based caste system in the way international is absolutely crazy. A few years ago I remember hearing Rosalie referring to a recently "copped out" corps couple and she said "The consequences are much worse after taking the salt commitment." So in these days of a softer, kinder, loving household they still hold to the core belief system of the way international. That if you leave the way ministry there will be negative consequences to you after you are gone. But if you are way corpse and leave the way international then the consequences will be much worse!

Well, after being active way corpse and leaving the way international I can say that I've never been better. I'm prosperous, free, I enjoy my family and we get along great. Mmmmm....maybe the consequences are to the way international because they no longer have my wife and I doing cheap labor for them. So sorry to tell you guys that God has blessed me the same w/o the way international lording over my life as if Rosalie is the head of the church. And my life keep getting better... :dance:

• Upvote 1

So sorry to tell you guys that God has blessed me the same w/o the way international lording over my life as if Rosalie is the head of the church. And my life keep getting better... :dance:

Rockin! I'm so happy for your guys!! Life is DEFINITELY BETTER in VOLUMES outside twitville.

I had a WC leader tell me that I needed to just obey him because he had "the spiritual responsibilty" for me in the situation... And that having that "spiritual responsibility" was not something I wanted because it was a serious burden.

How can someone else be spiritually responsible for me? This was at the point where I was actively question things. He wasn't able to explain what he meant. I figured it was one of those weird WC things.

I had a WC leader tell me that I needed to just obey him because he had "the spiritual responsibilty" for me in the situation... And that having that "spiritual responsibility" was not something I wanted because it was a serious burden.

How can someone else be spiritually responsible for me? This was at the point where I was actively question things. He wasn't able to explain what he meant. I figured it was one of those weird WC things.

Good point.

Where exactly is it in the Bible (since they claim to be a Bible centered group) does it say that one person is "spiritually responsible" for another person?

I think it is much worse for them(twi),the org is getting smaller,

the "copouts" are prospering,can't blame it all on the devil(he) can't have more power than god.

Those that are left?Well you are spayshull god has reserved a spayshull place,your rewards will be greater,but...if

you leave..you will turn to salt...We shall see..

Good point.

Where exactly is it in the Bible (since they claim to be a Bible centered group) does it say that one person is "spiritually responsible" for another person?

The Bible never says that at all. I think the allusion is to the Old Testament where, for example, Moses would get revelation concerning the children of Israel and how to lead them. But never mind that the temple veil was rent from top to bottom and the Old is fulfilled by the New, and that according to the way international's own teachings everyone born again has access to God and needs not a priest to intercede. Let's ignore all of that doctrine and get back to the distorted practice of some a$$hat being "Spiritually responsible" for someone else. As I'm typing it's coming back to me now too - being spiritually responsible means that the designated individual is the one who God will give revelation and hold accountable for what's assigned to them. For example I would be spiritually responsible for my branch, if I had one..lol. It's really freaking weird.

In twi, you're guaranteed eternal life no matter what. What's the worst that could happen?

You could be assigned to Grounds... :anim-smile:

Name tags. Right. "Dress your best" at the ROA/ and other functions (to me) meant wear the "best name tag you had".

Did anyone ever read the name on the name tag?

Or did you just recognize them by the color and judge the person by the color of the tag?

It was a "caste" system for sure. Green for corps and green also for Advanced Class grads.

Gold for University of Life students. Red for Word in Business "grads".

White for WOW's. What other colors were there? I've lost track of them all. sad.gif

Those fuggtards at twi headquarters did a fine job of relegating one and all into the realm of being recognized by "works" (i.e. - - - ) which class/ group/ or program you were or were not a part of. And - - - who-the-h3ll-are-they-to talk-about "breaking commitment"when they (twi head honchos) are at the very top of the list labeled GUILTY?? The "double-speak" eminating from box 328 New Knoxville Ohio is as deafening as the silence one encounters, when legitimate questions are asked.

I haven't been back to Ohio in 25 years (or so). Last time I was, was when they planted docvic on the front lawn there. I'm guessing that if I went back today (not likely), I'd be greeted by the same mindless bullsh!t I once knew back "in the day". Ecclesiastes 1:9 certainly got it right:

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done:

and there is no new thing under the sun.

So - - - twi is now a "new/ kinder/ gentler/ org?????? B as in B, and S and in S.

I find it amazing that they can invoke the salt covenant when it comes to "miscreants",

and exclude themselves entirely. "Take care what you teach, twi.

It'll come back to bite you in the A$$" spy.gif

The name tag indicated, class / program based caste system in the way international is absolutely crazy. A few years ago I remember hearing Rosalie referring to a recently "copped out" corps couple and she said "The consequences are much worse after taking the salt commitment." So in these days of a softer, kinder, loving household they still hold to the core belief system of the way international. That if you leave the way ministry there will be negative consequences to you after you are gone. But if you are way corpse and leave the way international then the consequences will be much worse!

Yeah - B to the S - ay.

Cop out - meaning to back out of one's commitment, or to avoid the fulfillment of a promise or responsibility. One interesting Biblical study (not that we're here to do interesting Biblical studies) is looking into the whole "swearing an oath" concept throughout the Bible. Of course, the whole Ecc. 5:4 "when you vow a vow, defer not to pay it" concept in the "duty of man" book is a good general Biblical principle. However, it is OT, which is law based. So is there a principle in the NT that is grace based that explains more of God's intention for vows since Jesus Christ? When you look a little closer, in the NT grace based period, it's pretty clear that God's intention is not that Christians go around vowing vows to each other and placing each other under obligation to pay up. Check out the sermon on the mount - Matt. 5:33 - 37. This is Jesus setting the contrast between the law and what he came to bring.

Matt 5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: 34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

One of the problems with human beings and this whole vow thing is that when one person has another under an obligation they have power over them. Jesus encouraged followers not to swear all these oaths and vows to bind themselves, but instead just simply say "yes I'll do that" or "no I won't do that". You see living in this fashion is more honest and keeps people from holding the vow thing over your head, changing the terms of the vow, and forcing your compliance. That is TWI. This whole Corps thing, including the "vow" of a lifetime of Christian service, these litte Napoleans and Queen Elizabeth types can just keep changing the terms, enacting new edicts, placing God's people under greater and greater bondage, and all the while holding the Corps feet to the fire due to some Old Testament obligation to not defer to pay their vows. That's legalism at it's ugliest. That is what Jesus was teaching "whatsoever is more than this cometh of evil".

And you see that is what Paul was talking about when he refused to allow himself to be placed under those kind of ridiculous obligations. His prayer was to be delivered from "wicked and unreasonable men".

And even in the OT it's pretty easy to see that God's heart isn't bondage. Jacob and Laban are a story of this nature - where Jacob put himself under a vow for working, and Laban would change his wages and take advantage of Jacob. Now Jacob stuck it out as that was OT law, and God rewarded him. But Laban was the evil one there. And this fits across the board with TWI. The ones who are evil here is TWI leadership. Imposing all these vows upon people, changing their wages and requirements, sucking up more and more of their lives. I finally got up enough courage to live under grace, and say "no I won't do that". To say "you've moved the boundaries so far from normal litle by little that it is no longer God's will for my life".

So God delivered me from wicked and unreasonable men. And living in grace opens up whole new vistas of opportunity. Despite all the turds who want to wish consequences upon your life. I mean just think about it - is wishing consequences upon another person, especially another Christian even a remotely Christian thought or expression?

Edited by chockfull
  • Upvote 1

Yeah - B to the S - ay.

Cop out - meaning to back out of one's commitment, or to avoid the fulfillment of a promise or responsibility. One interesting Biblical study (not that we're here to do interesting Biblical studies) is looking into the whole "swearing an oath" concept throughout the Bible. Of course, the whole Ecc. 5:4 "when you vow a vow, defer not to pay it" concept in the "duty of man" book is a good general Biblical principle. However, it is OT, which is law based. So is there a principle in the NT that is grace based that explains more of God's intention for vows since Jesus Christ? When you look a little closer, in the NT grace based period, it's pretty clear that God's intention is not that Christians go around vowing vows to each other and placing each other under obligation to pay up. Check out the sermon on the mount - Matt. 5:33 - 37. This is Jesus setting the contrast between the law and what he came to bring.

Matt 5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: 34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

One of the problems with human beings and this whole vow thing is that when one person has another under an obligation they have power over them. Jesus encouraged followers not to swear all these oaths and vows to bind themselves, but instead just simply say "yes I'll do that" or "no I won't do that". You see living in this fashion is more honest and keeps people from holding the vow thing over your head, changing the terms of the vow, and forcing your compliance. That is TWI. This whole Corps thing, including the "vow" of a lifetime of Christian service, these litte Napoleans and Queen Elizabeth types can just keep changing the terms, enacting new edicts, placing God's people under greater and greater bondage, and all the while holding the Corps feet to the fire due to some Old Testament obligation to not defer to pay their vows. That's legalism at it's ugliest. That is what Jesus was teaching "whatsoever is more than this cometh of evil".

And you see that is what Paul was talking about when he refused to allow himself to be placed under those kind of ridiculous obligations. His prayer was to be delivered from "wicked and unreasonable men".

And even in the OT it's pretty easy to see that God's heart isn't bondage. Jacob and Laban are a story of this nature - where Jacob put himself under a vow for working, and Laban would change his wages and take advantage of Jacob. Now Jacob stuck it out as that was OT law, and God rewarded him. But Laban was the evil one there. And this fits across the board with TWI. The ones who are evil here is TWI leadership. Imposing all these vows upon people, changing their wages and requirements, sucking up more and more of their lives. I finally got up enough courage to live under grace, and say "no I won't do that". To say "you've moved the boundaries so far from normal litle by little that it is no longer God's will for my life".

So God delivered me from wicked and unreasonable men. And living in grace opens up whole new vistas of opportunity. Despite all the turds who want to wish consequences upon your life. I mean just think about it - is wishing consequences upon another person, especially another Christian even a remotely Christian thought or expression?

James 5:12 (KJV)

" 12But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

I forget what led up to it, but someone once asked me about how I was doing in regards to doing God's will.

I forget how they phrased it, but I remember my reply.

I replied I was doing the best I knew how, with 2 exceptions.

They asked which they were, and I replied that they were concerning the taking of oaths, and hair-length.

I wasn't in the way corps, but I was well aware my own attitudes concerning oaths- which were atypical

for the 20th century- were not in harmony with what Scripture said, and had no hesitation in saying so-

in fact, I volunteered it when asked.

Nice verse WordWolf. That certainly seems to be the pattern.

Oh, and here's another thought along those lines. When you start to take a look at the Romans verse they use to teach their debt stance and policy, and look at the context of it, it really lines up more with what we're talking about here and Jesus' teaching at the sermon on the mount concerning oaths than it does about financial issues. Render to every man respect, honor where it's due, owe no man anything except love. It's not God's intent for people to be bound up to one another by vows, subservient to their whims, acting in a worshipping fashion towards another human being.

You see that with Rosalie. She has such a hierarchical chain of people clamoring over one another for positions. People worship the ground she walks on by their actions, attitudes, speech. They value their relationship with her over anything else in life, almost. It's sick. It's delusional. It's not healthy. It promulgates the evil side of human nature. But it is a political survival tactic for them. They see how people are cast out and ostracized who stand up to her.

There is a much better way to live. Where if a person earns your respect, you give it. Where if they do something honorable you show them honor. Where love is forefront as opposed to obligation and being bound by your "salt covenant" to stand with Rosalie no matter what.

So stop it with the whole vow behavior. Jesus Christ managed to live his life and save all of mankind without vowing vows to people. Sure he was committed to his Father. He let his yes mean yes and his no mean no. And when something came up that he had a hard time saying yes to, he spent some hours in a garden talking it out and getting it straight. People need to be more Christ-like and less cult-like.

But if you are way corpse and leave the way international then the consequences will be much worse!

When Rev. Wierwille LEFT his Van Wert church in 1957........I wonder if he is going to receive untold consequences as a cop-out of that commitment?

Funny.....how wierwille saw all the God-reasons for leaving his church, whereas he railed on any clergy/corps who felt led to LEAVE the spiritually-bankrupt twi.

<_<

I never even thought of that.

Yeah, when you begin to apply VP's "dogmas" or "standards" like this to him, it gets very interesting... it's like flipping the switch of perspective to turn it on him...it reveals a lot of hypocrisy quite fast.

Edited by penworks

Yeah, when you begin to apply VP's "dogmas" or "standards" like this to him, it gets very interesting... it's like flipping the switch of perspective to turn it on him...it reveals a lot of hypocrisy quite fast.

Yeah, like "Treat all the believer women as if they are your sisters." (VPW----CF&S)

Unless, of course, you happen to be VPW. Then you should treat them like your own, personal sex toys.

Hypocrisy is too soft a word.

Yeah, like "Treat all the believer women as if they are your sisters." (VPW----CF&S)

Unless, of course, you happen to be VPW. Then you should treat them like your own, personal sex toys.

In that situation, yes, I agree that hypocrisy is only the beginning of what is revealed - abuse (and criminal behavior in some cases that unfortunately went unprosecuted) is also revealed...

Edited by penworks

Soooo...turning it back on VPW....

Who slept with Dottie?

Who slept with Wierville's daughters?

Before or after he left his church in Van Wert?

I don't think so, somehow. The man would soon have had something to say about that.

He just took advantage of the times, when he got started on this abuse. :realmad:

Oh, victor paul wierwille was such a pervert- bedding, drugging and bedding and so on-

women he was responsible for and called his "children",

and spoke freely about the idea of fathers introducing daughters to sex during life CFS classes-

that I doubt a woman being his literal sister would have stopped him all by itself.

(I think old man Wierwille would have kicked his 'donkey' if he tried to bed a sibling, for example.)

Oh, victor paul wierwille was such a pervert- bedding, drugging and bedding and so on-

women he was responsible for and called his "children",

and spoke freely about the idea of fathers introducing daughters to sex during life CFS classes-

that I doubt a woman being his literal sister would have stopped him all by itself.

(I think old man Wierwille would have kicked his 'donkey' if he tried to bed a sibling, for example.)

As I have read more about Vic it really starts to explain something I have always found very odd anytime I participated in a class on sex, childbirth, etc. I found it extremely inappropriate that they would tell really crude, nasty jokes and talk openly in mixed company in a way that was very suggestive and vulgar in between sessions. They were perverts! Now I get it.

Along those same line at my first advanced class in 98 The Forehead told a doozie during the class photo. Now remember, mixed company and kids as young as 16 and folks in their 60 and perhaps up. He made a joke about a teenage boy losing his virginity and bragging to his dad about it. The boy told the dad he had a question...when would his butt stop hurting. I toned it down considerably and rest assured that The Forehead was very graphic and used lots of profanity. This was supposed to be the Man of God! Again, I was aghast that he told the joke in the setting he did. I mean that would be something the guys would tell each other on the job-site. Again, now I get it. He was a pervert.

Now, did I pack up and leave? Did I confront the situation? or seek some resolution? Nope! I justified it as not being religious. Oh well, I'm better now...lol

In twi, you're guaranteed eternal life no matter what. What's the worst that could happen?

Don't you remember the FOREhead said he yelled because he cared and we would rather have him yell than Jesus Christ yelling at us at the bema. Even back then, I remember saying my my own mind that I'd rather have JC yell at me because it would be without the same judgment. That should have been my clue, but I drank the koolaid for too long.

Edited by Nottawayfer

Oh ya, some from the way of the usa even gave him a button that said "I yell because I care." If I remember correctly he displayed it in the intermediate class.