GreaseSpot Cafe

Things Leadership Said

JavaJane

He WASN'T a farmer.

When he was supposed to do chores on the farm, he ran off for long periods of time

where no one could find him.

His own father's reaction, when vpw said he wanted to be a preacher, was that he

hadn't even learned how to work on the farm, so he wasn't ready to put in the real

work of a preacher.

Sometimes I think we just got caught up in these "leaders" unresolved life and childhood issues....VP with his father, his church, his proclivities for adultery.....his ego issues and his personal objectifying of women and people in general.

LCM with his rampant fear of homosexuality and homosexuals....possibly being married off to one by fiat. . . .his athletic ability.... his use of profanity.....his insecurity.....all of their personal issues....wrapped and packaged with scripture....to justify their manner of dealing or not dealing with life.

It was usually the same more locally....what ever pressing personal inclination or coping strategy some name tag had.....became ours in some form or manner. As long as scripture could be twisted to justify it.

Sitting at the bottom...it just became too much legalism to keep up with....at the top...probably just more focal and intense.

which makes me wonder..

why in gawd's name is he even "emeritus" in the organization..

must be trying to teach the new kids the old tricks or something..

it was a CHURCH for crying out loud..

:biglaugh:

I dunno..

I was just sent to observe....

:biglaugh:

Well, Howard has managed to bill himself as a "pillar in the Church." He has been at Headquarters since the late 50's or early 60's...someone know how long?...I forget and I digress. Anyways, Howard is considered an "expert" on running HQ and Gunnison. And also an encyclopedia of institutional memory. I've got to say that he is about as hillbilly as it gets in his facility management ways. For example, I was in a meeting where one of the projects discussed was re-roofing the chalet Annex. In an effort to save money Howard suggested roofing only half of it and coming back the following year to roof the other half. Need I say more?

When I was around he was in all the director group meetings. The director group is the 5 board of directors plus Donna and Howard. In an institution that is led by incompetents the guiding light is mostly what have we done before. They call it accumulated wisdom. Had a director actually say that to me before. So you can see Howard telling all the history of how Dr. Wierwille planted this particular oak tree by the light of the full moon wearing a toga to....ya it's that lame.

Well, Howard has managed to bill himself as a "pillar in the Church." He has been at Headquarters since the late 50's or early 60's...someone know how long?...I forget and I digress. Anyways, Howard is considered an "expert" on running HQ and Gunnison. And also an encyclopedia of institutional memory. I've got to say that he is about as hillbilly as it gets in his facility management ways. For example, I was in a meeting where one of the projects discussed was re-roofing the chalet Annex. In an effort to save money Howard suggested roofing only half of it and coming back the following year to roof the other half. Need I say more?

When I was around he was in all the director group meetings. The director group is the 5 board of directors plus Donna and Howard. In an institution that is led by incompetents the guiding light is mostly what have we done before. They call it accumulated wisdom. Had a director actually say that to me before. So you can see Howard telling all the history of how Dr. Wierwille planted this particular oak tree by the light of the full moon wearing a toga to....ya it's that lame.

Howard was a construction guy who helped build the old BRC. In around 1969 or so, he also helped VP build the little BRC wannabe building in Greenville, NC in the backyard of the Limb Way Home, a nice house on Fifth Street in Greenville near ECU. That's where I first took PFAL.

Howard was a construction guy who helped build the old BRC. In around 1969 or so, he also helped VP build the little BRC wannabe building in Greenville, NC in the backyard of the Limb Way Home, a nice house on Fifth Street in Greenville near ECU. That's where I first took PFAL.

Correction: TWLIL book, pg. 139, E*rl B*urton tells that in the summer of 1969, "H*ward, G*ne R*ndall, and Ir* He*rne "came to build the Bible Center in Greenville. I hung around them and helped a little. I thought they were the coolest guys I'd ever met."

Edited by penworks

Correction: TWLIL book, pg. 139, E*rl B*urton tells that in the summer of 1969, "H*ward, G*ne R*ndall, and Ir* He*rne "came to build the Bible Center in Greenville. I hung around them and helped a little. I thought they were the coolest guys I'd ever met."

"cool" is not a term I would EVER associate with HA...

On another he said, after reading Proverbs 31, all women need to have a garden, cause God said so right there int he verse, and he read it with such an arrogance. If you live in an apartment, you should at least have some potted plants, women.

What an idiot. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha haha

sorry my laughing is in the quotes. i'd like to break a potted plant over his stupid head

here's my fave:

you need to be loved by a real man of god

BARF

--

of course i could go on for hours !!!!!

another one

"uncle harry" grabbing me and saying "so young and firm"

pig

I'm still trying to adjust to people calling him "Uncle Howard". :blink: By the way, didn't LCM fire him?

Well, he had that way cool toolbox. (don't remember which class) He couldn't just spend his days sitting on it so he joined The Piece Corps.

Intermediate Class. I know deep down inside you just had to know.

Edited by erkjohn

I'm still trying to adjust to people calling him "Uncle Howard". :blink: By the way, didn't LCM fire him?

Not sure. I don't think so unless he was re-hired. LCM made Don Wierwille retire at 19 years instead of 20 like Don had his heart set. LCM did it to be a vindictive a$$.

Not sure. I don't think so unless he was re-hired. LCM made Don Wierwille retire at 19 years instead of 20 like Don had his heart set. LCM did it to be a vindictive a$$.

I thought I heard somewhere that when all the Corps was put on paid staff that TWI almost went down financially and LCM fired HA for not saying anything about it until it was almost too late. I could be wrong so don't quote me.

I don't think so but don't quote me on that. I do remember LCM talking about HA telling him they couldn't keep on going like they were. But who knows what really happens out in da cornfields.

sorry my laughing is in the quotes. i'd like to break a potted plant over his stupid head

here's my fave:

you need to be loved by a real man of god

BARF

--

of course i could go on for hours !!!!!

another one

"uncle harry" grabbing me and saying "so young and firm"

pig

Wow, excathedra...that was your 19,000 post! And a damn good one at that.

I thought I'd point that out. :B)

edited to say, thank you, I do enjoy your posts :eusa_clap:

they crack me up...as sad as they are -- I hope that makes sense.

Edited by soul searcher

"cool" is not a term I would EVER associate with HA...

Me either. The ECU guys looked up to all those VP helpers, though, as if they were the apostles or something. VP was, after all, the MOG. I first heard that title from the ECU believers and from my view at that time - being 18 years old and feeling I'd found the truth - I bought it all...

The limb leaders there, JAL and wife, were totally sold out to TWI, too. The atmosphere in the ECU fellowship was thick with equating TWI with the ministry of Paul in Acts, no doubt about that. It's a good example of how hype can escalate emotions and blur clear thinking - I dropped out of ECU to do the work of the "ministry" before I had even taken PFAL! Looking back, it seemed VP pitted the growing outreach pockets like ECU; Rye, NY, Alameda, CA, and Witchita, KS against each other in a competition to see who could spread "the Word" of VP via PFAL the fastest. That's how I remember it anyway...

If I remember correctly he was forced into retirement at a certain age, maybe 65?. He probably would have one h3ll of an age discrimination lawsuit potentially, especially with Rozilla's subsequent moves to set herself up to stay in power until Strom Thurmond's age.

:thinking: Ok, must be why they loved having all the "free love" hippies around. :dance:

To say the least.

You do know that victor paul wierwille specifically went to Haight-Ashbury and the

House of Acts to recruit the hippies, right?

And that even in his own book, he makes a special note about how they're more affectionate

with each other?

And that, when he went to recruit the hippies, vpw himself asked J1m D00p to DESCRIBE

WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE AT AN ORGY?

And then told J1m D00p- who had said he was glad to be DELIVERED from such things-

that, according to victor paul wierwille, ORGIES ARE FINE WITH GOD?

To say the least.

You do know that victor paul wierwille specifically went to Haight-Ashbury and the

House of Acts to recruit the hippies, right?

And that even in his own book, he makes a special note about how they're more affectionate

with each other?

And that, when he went to recruit the hippies, vpw himself asked J1m D00p to DESCRIBE

WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE AT AN ORGY?

And then told J1m D00p- who had said he was glad to be DELIVERED from such things-

that, according to victor paul wierwille, ORGIES ARE FINE WITH GOD?

Gross. I had no idea. That is completely disgusting. What a creep.