GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Heaven/Gathering Together

frank123lol

Twi,Taught,that after the gathering together,(was not called Christ's return,as he met us in the air)

Rewards would be given to the faithful,These would be in the form of responsibilities/positions of importantence.

The least of the faithful could have much position as how many rewards they were issued.The five crowns,we would wear,(sorta like a

quintruple ice cream cone).Would show all our being faithful.

To me,It would be like a big way function,you would be "Renwed mind all the time",instant communication,be able to instantly go anywhere be any where.

What a hell,always be in touch from someone from the way,I'd rather have eternal nothingness thanthat.

Yep. Leave it to the way international to take an amazing set of events promised in the bible and screw em up. They really do see the scriptures from their perspective. So much for no private interpretation.

It always seemed like we would just be working our heavenly heinies off when we got to heaven... I heard a joke once that went something like this:

A man went up to heaven, and St Peter showed him around. There were many sections of heaven. The came to a room where there were a bunch of people dancing, St. Peter explained that these were the Baptists who had never been allowed to dance while they were on earth. The next room had a bunch of people celebrating birthdays. St. Peter explained that this was the Jehovah Witnesses who had never been allowed to celebrate their birthdays on earth. Then they came to a room full of people sleeping. St Peter explained that these were the Way Believers.

I thought it was funny at the time. Now I just think it's sad.

I remember, too that there was a big discussion of whether we would still be married in heaven, and if we would still have sex. And there were some people who said we wouldn't be able to remember who we were when we got there because all of our former lives would be passed away. I always thought, "what is the point of any of this?"

We were to work hard now so as try to get a better position in "heaven". You can't escape god once born-again, under way "doctrine". So you basically spend this life trying to avoid scrubbing toilets for eternity.

We were to work hard now so as try to get a better position in "heaven". You can't escape god once born-again, under way "doctrine". So you basically spend this life trying to avoid scrubbing toilets for eternity.

Yes! And don't forget that you are sent to the end of the line when you screw up. Remember the concept of losing rewards? Like we work real hard and then when we mess something up, or God forbid leave the way international, all of our previous efforts and accumulated reward are totally wiped out. I mean it's not even that way with a bad employer, at least you get paid for what you did even if you get demoted or fired.

Edited by OldSkool

The little bit I remember from The Way International about how the five-crowns teaching went down in terms of effect was that leadership had to scrub the entire line of thought because most of the Corps started acting even more competitive and selfish than The Way had already led them to be.

I'm not positive about whether or not that was a local occurance, but it was described to me as Corps grads competing over who would get the eternal awards for the one and only new task/position that was open.

It might not have been quite so twisted I imagine if folks weren't already too carnally competitive, but as it was it seems the five-crowns doctrine was like throwing gas on the fire.

In my splinter group, River Road Fellowship I remember specifically that one man falsely so-called a prophet described the return in his imagination in terms of status.

Wierwille on top, Victor Barnard on the next tier, and in terms of our group but in my terms, :B) the biggest brain dead, suck-up, sell outs to Barnard would be next in line.

I was of course relinquished to the fate of the anti-Christ, false prophet, heretics to be destroyed not just now but also in the future.

The sad thing is that now I believe they are deserving of the same medicine they once felt qualified to make others suffer. :doh:

The little bit I remember from The Way International about how the five-crowns teaching went down in terms of effect was that leadership had to scrub the entire line of thought because most of the Corps started acting even more competitive and selfish than The Way had already led them to be.

I'm not positive about whether or not that was a local occurance, but it was described to me as Corps grads competing over who would get the eternal awards for the one and only new task/position that was open.

It might not have been quite so twisted I imagine if folks weren't already too carnally competitive, but as it was it seems the five-crowns doctrine was like throwing gas on the fire.

It was, believe me. What use is this teaching? If you ask me, it's crazy talk.

I know this isn't a biblical site, but the Bible does give a couple important answers that relate to this ... it says in the Gospels that people (at least of Israel) aren't married or given in marriage in the afterlife of Paradise ... and most importantly, for the Christian believer, it says that "eye hath not seen, nor ear heard" nor has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those that love Him ... so no matter what The Way International or anyone else thinks, that can't be it ... because then the Bible wouldn't be true. If you don't believe the Bible is true, then you don't have an answer, but if you do, then this provides some detail.

Edited by DogLover

Wierwille always taught that one would go to the bema to receive rewards, and that there was no punishment for Christians. He never seemed to mention that Jesus Christ appeared at Pilate's bema and definitely did not get rewards (though, I guess he did receive a "crown"). I think Martindale actually had it closer, saying that appearing at the bema could be like a trip to the principal's office. I Cor. 3:10-15 indicates that anything we wrongly add to the true foundation, Jesus, will be burned away, although we will still be saved. And the right things built upon the Foundation will garner rewards. How will the "stubble" be burned away? I don't know. I doubt it's anything like the RC idea of Purgatory, but there will be an accounting.

George

I remember being told by one WC jerk that he wouldn't remember any of the bad thing he had done when we were gathered together becuase we would have perfectly renewed minds. I think that is how he dealt with the guilt from being such a jerk for God. I never understood that if we were going before the judgement seat.

I think in Christian doctrine it's pretty clear that what wrong a person does he shall receive for it. It's funny though, Craig used to really de-emphasize the reward part and make it sound like sinners in the hands of an angry God. Then there are the ones who say only rewards. Pssst...hey wayfers....just read what's written. :biglaugh:

I remember being told by one WC jerk that he wouldn't remember any of the bad thing he had done when we were gathered together becuase we would have perfectly renewed minds. I think that is how he dealt with the guilt from being such a jerk for God. I never understood that if we were going before the judgement seat.

How convenient.

I remember a high level Way cronie teaching other people and correcting them saying the Word says that at the bema there will be no consequences, only rewards.

Which I noted a marked distinction between that and talks of works being burned in Corinthians. And I even thought then that was his coping mechanism for acting like such a d0uch3bag as much as he did.

. . . How will the "stubble" be burned away? I don't know. I doubt it's anything like the RC idea of Purgatory, but there will be an accounting.

George

If there is and afterlife, I imagine it would be like this life in the sense that the world and people are constantly in flux. In TWI's afterlife, people chop wood for 50 million years, then maybe get to scrub toilets. Nothing really changes, that's what made is so scary.