GreaseSpot Cafe

In-residence Way Corpse "training" (next best thing to incarceration)

OldSkool

the flossing charts.. etc. etc.. doesn't it seem a *little* odd that the best of da cops training entailed treating GROWN ADULTS as CHILDREN? Little children at that..

"now, this is how we floss our teeth.. good johnnie. Now we mark the special event on our chart..*

"didn't floss today? naughty little boy.."..

I understand the micro-management was employed in far greater detail..

It's easy to say, "Get over IT" when you have no idea what IT really is.

Yes, but not so easy to get over TIT... I know. I'm weaning a kid right now.

That's right, folks, I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.

the flossing charts.. etc. etc.. doesn't it seem a *little* odd that the best of da cops training entailed treating GROWN ADULTS as CHILDREN? Little children at that..

"now, this is how we floss our teeth.. good johnnie. Now we mark the special event on our chart..*

"didn't floss today? naughty little boy.."..

I understand the micro-management was employed in far greater detail..

Let me tell you what, having my flossing habits on public display for staff and corps alike was very demeaning.

what if we replaced all the old SIT stopsign stickers with TIT stickers? You know, "Typing In Tongues"?? I'm sure it would get some attention... At least from the guys...

Whenever someone types SIT out....that Hawaiian Christmas song goes through my head....Mele Kalikimaka. .....every time.

Yes, but not so easy to get over TIT... I know. I'm weaning a kid right now.

That's right, folks, I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.

I'm still not over TIT....but I am happily married and that is perfectly ok....Thats Rot!!!!

Comparing da ways teeth flossing program to jesus's efforts.. isn't it kind of what..

ridiculous isn't the word..

its.. absurd? Maybe there is a better description..

"now little petey weety. make sure you floss between every teeth.. and check off the wittle box on your chart.."

:biglaugh:

Let me tell you what, having my flossing habits on public display for staff and corps alike was very demeaning.

I would imagine. That apparently was the whole intent? To demean INDIVIDUALS?

I understand rosie extended it to signing up for potty breaks..

I understand rosie extended it to signing up for potty breaks..

AHHHH! See, it starts coming back. We were lectured on multiple occasions about not using the bathroom during study hall until our 10am break. They came just shy of mandating it. We even had stories how Howard Allen was able to drive Da Vicster on long journeys without stopping for bathroom breaks.

The flossing, the working out, the mandatory journal writing, all of it are just symptoms of the greater illness in twi's programs, be it Fellow Laborers, WC, Way Disciple, WOW, or what have you... They made living for God a burden. They took the joy out of it. We come in, excited, wanting to give our all for something better, to help others... And what do we get? Chores and minute detailed hygeine instruction, humiliation, sleep deprivation, and commands to conform. This is not the "more than abundant life" we signed up for. It's micromanagement. It's degrading. It "teaches" any spark of God working in your life right out of you by enforcing ultimate control.

God is love. God loves us. Doing the works of God should be joyful. There is no joy in any of twi's training programs. Only bondage to a corrupt system.

Fellow Laborers of Ohio...you guys did as much stuff as Way Corps ON TOP of having full time jobs and got absolutely zero recognition or respect from the rest of TWI including HQ.

Did you guys get to keep any of the money you earned at your jobs or did you have to pool it with everyone else? You know, that ridiculous "family fund" thing they kept touting. Was it more like Communism? Who got to make the decisions on how you spent your own money? Who kept your money after you graduated? I was an Ohio "Minuteman" during the Summer of '75. Were you in FLO then?

There was really no money left to keep. We had ABS, FLO fund (general fund for rent and utilities), house fund (coffee, sugar, bootie wipe, etc. for "house" you were in), Manna fund (our mandatory food co-op) and any personal items like deodorant and razor blades. Barely left enough to buy smokes and Moon Pies to last the week.

(Went into FLO right after ROA '75.---Like the rest of TWI's programs, the year began right after ROA.)

But on the bright side, I learned to make my own Mayonnaise from scratch.

edit: We were supposed to sponsor someone in the WC, too.

Edited by waysider

and to think that some people haven't figured out that all the programs in TWI were never designed to help one become a disciple of Christ, much less Christlike.

We were trained to be grunts. We were all viewed as being at the disposal of TWI. What did we expect in exchange? For me, self-respect maybe. A sense of worth, something to belong to and be a part of. Problem is, you can't bargain for your self-worth, no one will give it to you. No one can. But there are plenty of people who'll take you for a ride and promise you anything.

There was really no money left to keep. We had ABS, FLO fund (general fund for rent and utilities), house fund (coffee, sugar, bootie wipe, etc. for "house" you were in), Manna fund (our mandatory food co-op) and any personal items like deodorant and razor blades. Barely left enough to buy smokes and Moon Pies to last the week.

(Went into FLO right after ROA '75.---Like the rest of TWI's programs, the year began right after ROA.)

But on the bright side, I learned to make my own Mayonnaise from scratch.

edit: We were supposed to sponsor someone in the WC, too.

MmMmMmMmMmMmMmmmmmmmm........

Moon Pies!

Oh, they had a dentist from the town of Gunnison come in to teach us how to floss.

MmMmMmMmMmMmMmmmmmmmm........

Moon Pies!

Chase those babies down with some Nehi soda and you have staples of the more adundant life....That's ROTTT!!

c2430bb113.jpg

Bottom Line: They took the Word of God which we loved and used it as a weapon against us.

Yep. And how many made life altering decisions based on the warm fuzzies that were fostered?

Wow keep a journal, working out, flossing your teeth. How horrible

Jesus Christ had different programs. When he did activities he told them don't take any extra shoes, don't take any money and go believe God. Get over it.

Billy, the difference is that Jesus Christ was the genuine article. He was not a sham minister calling micro-management godly and political personal gains God's will. He was the one that taught by their fruits you know them, not by words.

You look at the fruit of the direction of TWI. Biblical research, teaching, fellowship. There is no research, it is quashed. Old publications are set forth as truth and enshrined, because there is no inspiration in developing anything new. Teachings are not inspirational, they are dull and lifeless. Fellowship is subservient to position - it is fake. People trade in their whole lives, positions, careers, family all to follow an ideal that is no more than a house of cards.

For Jesus Christ, any price would not be too high to pay.

For Rosalie and Donna, who currently call the shots at TWI, any price is too high to pay. The fruit of their lives, and others like Rupp, are so far from that of Jesus Christ that it takes a real blindness not to see it.

But go on, toe the party line, live the lie you've built up for yourself being "faithful to your calling" as a Way Corps minister. And when you stand before Jesus Christ and he exposes the lie for what it is, then you won't be able to say nobody ever warned you.

• Upvote 1

It just amazes me how anyone could even start to equate anything about Jesus or his disciples with anything The Way International had to offer. Nope, nadda, zilch.

The Way Corps in residence training was so completely the opposite of what real Christian training would be. I think just about every part of the training was geared to do one thing. Teach submission. How to submit to the leaders of da way. That was it, plain and simple. Once you learned and your life showed you lived that one principle, you could go home.. I mean, you could go to your appointed slave position.

During our indentured servanthood at FWC, the one thing I hated about the flossing thing, other than someone having the nerve to tell me how and when, was being on Curse Patrol and having to check the chart, never before midnight, but 12:30 or 1 AM, find the names of those who had not checked themselves off, and go wake them up and usher them down to the chart to check themselves off or floss if they had not done so. One guy in F19, Pete somebody, would just tap on the door and then go check them off themselves if they said yet.

I wish I had not been such a weenie, because what I wanted to do on more than one occasion as I traipsed past the damn things, was to just check everybody off right down the line. I expect some of the more indoctrinated would have had a snit fit about it, but it sure would have been fun!

Never started a journal because they said you had to keep it positive, and I couldn't think of one single positive thing to write. "I hate this place! It is sucking the life and love right out of me!" "My twig coordinator is a snobby zeeatch!"

The first several months we were cut off from the world and immersed in indoctrination, so exhausted we couldn't even wonder what was happening. I never knew about the US Marines murdered in Mogadishu, or that there even were Marines in Mogadishu, until the motion picture "Black Hawk Down" came out. I resented that. We could/should have been praying for our armed forces, and a lot of other stuff, too - "The fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." But no, we just prayed for the Man of God, which he wasn't on either account.

WG

Welcome to The Way Salon.

We have three Hairstyles, commonly referred to as:

Pappa Bear

Momma Bear

Baby Bear

Pick the one that's "just right" 4 U !!

Oh,

and,...

zeeatch

is my new Word for the day, thanks WG!

:offtopic: Sorta -

Worked in a hospital where we had a really nice resident, guy from Egypt. The chief resident started calling him Beyotch. Once he finally figured out what that meant, he called the chief resident right back, but his Arabic tongue couldn't quite wrap around Beyotch, so Zeeyatch it was, and this became a department, and later a Watered Garden, favorite appellation.

WG