GreaseSpot Cafe

How Dare Thou Disagree with Leadership

What About It

Way Corps "volunteers"?? Riiight. Okay, so if they want to require the HQ and Gunnison staff to see or hear the STS as a condition of their employment, then I guess that's one thing. But then they required the Way Corps "volunteers"--those on the field--to listen to the phone hookup when it was offered in their city. That's another thing. But then, to make it even more personal, more controlling, and more nunyadambiz, a *reason,* that's right, a reason, was required to be sent to HQ if the Corps missed a phone hookup (you know, they couldn't get the tape, like the staff can).

So I'm working in a department that's helping to prepare this letter to the limb coordinators along with this form they would have to send in to HQ for Queen Dictator / Attendance Checker, and my blood begins to boil. "That's nunyadambiz," I think to myself. So I bring it up to my department coordinator, and I'm not satisfied with the answer, which was "It's okay, let it go." (Well, maybe by this time I was beginning to step on some toes, but that's just the way it goes if people aren't treated fairly, am I right??) Nope, not gonna let this one go. So I escalate to the cabinet person. Of course at the time I didn't know that she was Rozilla's lesbo luvvah. I aired my grievance and told her I thought the ministry was crossing the line. She was adamant that the Great Attendance Checker was speaking by the spirit of God and had a good, deep spiritual reason for requiring that. And "nope, the legal department does not need to be questioned about it." Cultism at its finest: do NOT disagree with leadership.

Okay,... that Irks me, well the whole thing really,... BUT,... if she got such wonderful revelation, why did God forget to tell HER what to write on the form? lololol

a phone hookup (you know, they couldn't get the tape, like the staff can).

Begs the question what kind of idiots broadcast a meeting over the phone lines when you could send it over the web, via satellite - hell, carrier pigeons would be an improvement.

So I'm working in a department that's helping to prepare this letter to the limb coordinators along with this form they would have to send in to HQ for Queen Dictator / Attendance Checker, and my blood begins to boil.

As well it should. But as bad as the service sucks they really do need to force people to listen to it if anyone at all is going to attend.

"That's nunyadambiz," I think to myself. So I bring it up to my department coordinator, and I'm not satisfied with the answer, which was "It's okay, let it go." (Well, maybe by this time I was beginning to step on some toes, but that's just the way it goes if people aren't treated fairly, am I right??) Nope, not gonna let this one go. So I escalate to the cabinet person. Of course at the time I didn't know that she was Rozilla's lesbo luvvah. I aired my grievance and told her I thought the ministry was crossing the line. She was adamant that the Great Attendance Checker was speaking by the spirit of God and had a good, deep spiritual reason for requiring that. And "nope, the legal department does not need to be questioned about it." Cultism at its finest: do NOT disagree with leadership.

Da HOGDAFAT hath spoken! As much as these idiots lie and pretend the man of God garbage went away with Craig, Rosalie is very much trying to fill those shoes. Probably in more than one way. :biglaugh:

if she got such wonderful revelation, why did God forget to tell HER what to write on the form? lololol

See, there you go asking logical questions again...for shame! :anim-smile:

Disagree with leadership.. Now that was the worst thing in the world you could do. And it didn't matter how stupid the matter either.

Case in point:

While working at HQ, I owned a laptop and discovered a flaw in their design. So the manufacturer ended up sending me for no charge a much better model. It arrives in the mail at HQ, and I show this new laptop to my department. And my department head comes over and wants to mess with it. He starts pushing on a button hard that isn't suppose to be pushed on without releasing a different lever, and I try and gently let him know that he's not doing it correctly, to which he disagrees and then goes into a tirade about how I wasn't meek and blah blah blah.. The guy near broke my freakin laptop!

Begs the question what kind of idiots broadcast a meeting over the phone lines when you could send it over the web, via satellite - hell, carrier pigeons would be an improvement.

If widespread dissemination of the content were the intent, your point would be valid.

It is, however, much easier to control who receives the message if it's transmitted by phone.

Geroge

If widespread dissemination of the content were the intent, your point would be valid.

It is, however, much easier to control who receives the message if it's transmitted by phone.

Geroge

I see. Well we definitely know control is at the heart of the issue. So they think they have the rightly divided word of God like it has no been known since the first century. But they TIGHTLY control it's transmission. Just plain crazy. Oh well.

OldSkool, you are just not "spiritually mature" enough to understand. Leave this to the ones in charge... God works in the Way Tree, you know?

smilie_kool_aid.gif (I really need a vomit emoticon... a vomiticon?)

OldSkool, you are just not "spiritually mature" enough to understand. Leave this to the ones in charge... God works in the Way Tree, you know?

smilie_kool_aid.gif (I really need a vomit emoticon... a vomiticon?)

:offtopic: You ever stop and wonder just WTF spiritually mature means?

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I need a bull....ocon for that phrase. Of course me and the Mrs. pull it on each other all the time, so the humor is right up my alley.

:offtopic: You ever stop and wonder just WTF spiritually mature means?.

I am a little confused since I was told all of you WC were more spiritually mature just because of being WC. Now you're telling me that you guys threw that each other, too?

I am a little confused since I was told all of you WC were more spiritually mature just because of being WC. Now you're telling me that you guys threw that each other, too?

Nah, in-residence we learned how to hide a little better than the non-corpse. Of course some of the WC would nudge you under a bus as a diversionary tactic.

so.. what was the fierce competition for?

:biglaugh:

I think it was position chasing at it's finest. After all, it's a spirrrtual competition, the forehead was set the bar for competitor. The result? A bunch of anti-social jerks trying to out do one another. :anim-smile:

I think it was position chasing at it's finest. After all, it's a spirrrtual competition, the forehead was set the bar for competitor. The result? A bunch of anti-social jerks trying to out do one another. :anim-smile:

You were (or should I say are) an observer,

I've sent in my "report" a number of times..

I've sent in my "report" a number of times..

Ouwwww.....I've always wanted to get a big ole' promotion....maybe I'll be promoted to.......uhhhh.....HGSIC? :biglaugh:

I'll be sprrtuuly sponsble...you can make at least 10% of your income available to OldSkool@thewayIntcanblowme.nitely

Gawd Bless U AAAAbndntlee!

Edited by OldSkool

so.. what was the fierce competition for?

maybe its just human nature..

I know some grad students here.. who would run over their own mother if she got in the way..

oops, double entendre. oh the irony of that statement(last 6 words) :biglaugh:

I was supposed to be helping to assemble folders for WIB. But the material we had all indicated it was for welcome to HQ and rules for staying at FH. One woman pointed this out to the "leader". He said we should assemble them anyway. She asked why, and he bristled, saying "The wife of a BOT sent us these materials so that's what we will use."

She said "But she told us it was for WIB-it doesn't make sense to put a welcome to HQ letter and FH rules in the packets."

He then replied with "Wherever the BOT are that's where the heart of HQ is so that's why it makes sense."

She said "Really? People staying at a hotel in a completely different state need rules on staying at FH?" She got up and started going towards the dept. in question to get it straightened out.

He followed her into the hallway and he was livid. How dare she try to question the wife of a BOT. He went on and on like this. Then for his big finale, he told her to get back in the room and assemble the packets as is-because "rebellion is as the sin as witch craft." He seriously said this. She came back into the room very befuddled. We spent the entire evening putting those packets together. Nobody spoke. It was wierd.

The next night we were assigned to take apart all the packets and reassemble them because we had used the wrong materials. That was a long night and of course, no apologies were made, no acknowledgement of error or arrogance on the leaders part. Just a hard attitude towards the woman who disagreed with him and had the nerve to try to ask the wife of a BOT a simple question that would have saved hours of time.

Well,... That is what we call incompetence in the Business World. Normally, people just get fired over that kind of shi..... I've fired a couple of people over something very close to that, and then I kick myself twice - if I hired the idiot in question. I have to. It is a business (businesses) I run, and really poor judgement can cost everyone working in a small business. Of course in The Way It's the ABS money, not theirs, and people will just give them more no matter how poorly they deal with things,.... right?

100%, that reminds me of a story from a few years back when they were in the process of changing the way that the advanced class test was done. Each month (or maybe it was each week, memory starts to fade!) candidates would be tested on a different aspect of what one was supposed to know before going into the class. Limb Coordinators were supposed to come up with the questions and give them to the applicants in their Limb to be done at home as an open book test. One of my kids was applying to take the advanced class and received his test for the Rise & Expansion book that must have had 500 questions, including essays and Greek word studies. About a week after it was turned in we were informed by our branch coordinator that we were getting a shorter, more concise test of less than 100 questions, which was what the BOT really wanted. When I was heard to say that our L had made a mistake with the first test, I was "corrected" and told that the first, longer, test was right at the time, that the LC was not in error, but that revelation had changed!

There is a waist deep creek that runs through the property where the Ohio limb HQ was located. One day, the limb leader ordered us to wade into the creek and start removing rocks from the creek bed. (Yeah, I know, why remove rocks from the creek bed?) Anyhow, it was, at that point, brought to the attention of the limb leader that the creek was heavily infested with leaches. Do you seriously believe he allowed that to change his order? <_<

100%, that reminds me of a story from a few years back when they were in the process of changing the way that the advanced class test was done. Each month (or maybe it was each week, memory starts to fade!) candidates would be tested on a different aspect of what one was supposed to know before going into the class. Limb Coordinators were supposed to come up with the questions and give them to the applicants in their Limb to be done at home as an open book test. One of my kids was applying to take the advanced class and received his test for the Rise & Expansion book that must have had 500 questions, including essays and Greek word studies. About a week after it was turned in we were informed by our branch coordinator that we were getting a shorter, more concise test of less than 100 questions, which was what the BOT really wanted. When I was heard to say that our L had made a mistake with the first test, I was "corrected" and told that the first, longer, test was right at the time, that the LC was not in error, but that revelation had changed!

Typical, Eh? You may not have even remembered he made a mistake if he had just manned up and told you the truth. Funny-because he was so fearful of being thought wrong, he made it so there was no way to forget it.

I wonder if the kids of leaders like this get really screwed up.

Does it destroy their ability to recognize a lie? Does it teach them to not be accountable for their behavior? Does it teach them to blame other people while "sainting" themselves at the same time?

How confusing it must be for a kid being raised with that kind of parent, not to mention the dangerous outcome it may produce.

Edited by 100% Free