GreaseSpot Cafe

In two or three words.. why are you here. (existence, not GS)

Ham

I don't know how.. but somehow I know it is not going to be "well"..

maybe not that. Just not "pretty"..

I've made my peace here, watching some character pass business Calculus with some help..

if there is more, it is not up to me..

:)

don't worry. I'm not suicidal or anything.. I'll keep going in this existence, as long as I can..

I know why I am here.. I'll stay here as long as I can..

...to die well

Four years ago, my brother died at the end of a lengthy and excruciating bout with skin cancer.He wasn't a wayfer, but he was a Christian, and I think he died well. In the depth of his pain, he studied Job, and came away from it believing the point of the whole book was where Job said "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." My brother trusted the Lord Jesus to the end.

A year after my brother died, I discovered that I had diabetes when the doc told me my blood sugar level was 1010 (after calling an ambulance). I was in intensive care for several days. 1010 points is ten points off the scale for measuring blood sugar. It can be fatal at 300. My digestive system had shut down, and I remember it coming back on line. The only way I can describe what happened in my head was that it seemed like a snow-globe had been shaken up, and all the information was trying to find its way back to somewhere comfortable. One thing I found odd was the fact that I was experiencing euphoria through the whole episode.

Why did my brother die the way he did, while I skated so easily through something that should have been every bit as deadly.

I don't know, and I ain't gonna presume to guess.

Love,

Steve

Two words?

One Thing

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He's right--

other than that I have

"Everyday there's someone asking

what is there to do?

Should I love or should I fight

is it all the same to you?

No I say I have the answer

proven to be true,

But if I were to share it with you,

you would stand to gain

and I to lose.

Every morning pressure forming

all around my eyes.

Ceilings crash, the walls collapse,

broken by the lies

that your misfortune brought upon us

and I won't disguise them.

So don't ask me will I explain

I won't even begin to tell you why.

Climb a tower of freedom,

paint your own deceiving sign.

It's not my power

to criticize or to ask you to be blind

To your own pressing problem

and the hate you must unwind.

So ask of me no answer

there is none that I could give

you wouldn't find."

Edited by mstar1

One man.....

...who lived the life of a king

...the treasures of royalty

...harems of women untold

...feasts and riches in abundance

...the fleeting measure of a man's life

...and holding the wisdom of the ages.

Fear God

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.

Edited by skyrider

hmm.. or to choose not to..

procreation is "messy"..

I actually meant it as "copulation", as opposed to "reproduction", though reproduction is of supreme importance.

But then again, animals like to copulate and reproduce, so that doesn't make us special in any way.

[Just thinking out loud...]

But we differ from animals in that we have a pre-frontal cortex in our brains, which allows us to think abstractly and stuff...

So...I am here to enjoy the earth and other people and to create other people who want to enjoy the earth and other people. Not all of us will succeed in reproduction, but we will have lots of fun trying.

I am also here to play softball. Not many 50+ year-olds can still do it.