GreaseSpot Cafe

Bless Patrol?

teachmevp

bless patrol at emporia was good. we got stale popcorn. i don't know if we had to check any charts -- sounds familia -- it was probably aerobic points rather than flossing -- but we never checked anything

we just drank coffee and ate popcorn and got to know each other which was nice

some people really got to know each other making out and all sniff not me lol

once or twice i had bless patrol with a "religious" person -- i told them to chill or take it easy

that's all i can remember at the moment

i think being awake when the world is asleep and looking at the stars and hearing night creatures, etc., is always cool

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dog Lover… I was in Emporia with the 13th & 15th (I was college program)… we only had to do Bless Patrol when you guys were gone for Lightbearers and such, but I remember the cold winters much the same as Just Loafing did:

We probably know each other, I was 15th. Thanks for taking up the slack when we were gone. :) I always wondered how the college division felt. I mean we were the big people ( or so we thought) on campus and the College Division were always sort of shuffled to the back back a little. Yeah we always knew about you and I knew some of the College Divisi9on and wonderful people you were. Sort of strange how we (College and Corps) were kept apart though and we were right there together.

why am I thinking of Fox network series Cop and the theme Bad Boys is running through my mind? :evildenk::evilshades:

When I was at Rome City, we were doing that body, soul and spirit thing where you showed somebody how to do something, showcasing your talent in some area with the ability to teach others also, I guess. I was up on the stage cleaning and some guy pointed out to me a small camera in the balcony and told me that it was connected to monitors in Wa*ne Cl**p's office. So he could keep any eye on things, I guess.

"Yep," he said, "when you are in the chapel/auditorium/whatever they called it, "You're in Wayne's World!"

Gave me the shivers and creeps.

WG

Okay, complaints on this thread about bugging EOb and/or BRC and who knows where else. What's the evidence for this? Who knows that it actually took place? Anybody here see or listen to the "bugs"?

Or is it just suspicion (of the genuine spiritual kind, no doubt) that this took place?

I do know that people were encouraged to "spy" on others. To "report back" on each other. Purely, of course, in the interest of "helping" the person spied upon. :CUSSING:

I'm curious as to when the EOB or other places were bugged ... I was there from mid-May 1983 until August 1984 ... even lived in one of the former offices of the EOB with another Corps person until they could find better housing for us ... was it bugged then, or is this a more recent development?

I took a tour of the Rome City campus last year... I had communicated online a bit with the current owner and he was gracious enough to have his on-site caretaker walk me around and let me take a bunch of pictures. They were also curious about things they knew/thought they knew/heard about twi and I think they saw it as their opportunity to ask someone who might know, who had no reason to lie.

One of the things they mentioned was that they were stunned to find video wires strung from an office in the back that went all over campus. (For those that know the campus, they were not talking about the main office in the foyer but a little room down at the end of the side hall near the drinking fountain fed by spring water. Sorry, can't remember names.)

I assured them I didn't think it was video wiring but public-address wiring, as I know that sometimes they made announcements when we were scattered all over the grounds and they wanted everyone to be able to hear it. They said I was wrong... that their tech guy specifically called them VIDEO wires... said they went into the bathrooms and everything.

Now, that being said, the guy had a horrible opinion of twi (naturally) and also insisted that this man: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/prof-jonathan-paul-de-vierville-phd-lcsw/8/287/448 was John Paul Wierwille trying to distance himself from the family (ROTFL) --- I showed him pictuers of Doc Vic, the real JP, and this guy but he still seemed skeptical.

So... I don't doubt they found wiring all over the Rome City complex, but were those wires part of an innocent PA system, or part of a surveillance system? Who knows? Anyone?

I, for one, would sure like an informed answer...

I think the office in the back may have been W**ne Cla**'s office. If you came in the front door, went to the first hallway and turned right?

I don't doubt they were video wires. That was one creepy place. Going up in the attic where our stuff was stored was enough to give me nightmares.

TWI used to talk about places that were infested with devil spirits, abandoned houses, buildings, etc, that were popularly thought to be haunted. I wonder...

WG

One of my siblings had a pretty spooky experience at Rome City growing up - he saw the woodgrain next to his bed contort into a face that started laughing at him. He was only around 8-9 years old when it happened. Who knows what that was. I can tell you one thing, though... It seems to me that any Root Locale probably had a lot of nasty energy hanging around after all the abuse that happened to people in those locations. If you believe in that stuff... I know the top level of the PWA, and the BRC creeped me out more than a little bit.

Okay, complaints on this thread about bugging EOb and/or BRC and who knows where else. What's the evidence for this? Who knows that it actually took place? Anybody here see or listen to the "bugs"?

Or is it just suspicion (of the genuine spiritual kind, no doubt) that this took place?

Ok, but honestly, like most things, there is "some" truth to it..

Did they have the ability to "camp" on the phone line and eavesdrop on people's conversations? Yup..

Did the Prez and others have sound/voice activated recorders in their offices and with them? Sure.

Did they keep track of who you called or called you and that list given to people that scrutinized it at times? Without a doubt.

Do they actively monitor the current internet activities of those using HQ's internet service? Yup. (Best to use your mobile service if you're there)

But video lines ran all over the place for spying. lol.. Not a chance.

They did have video lines ran many places for their "in-house" TV channels. You know, so you could watch the noon meal or the Sunday service elsewhere.

Too put it mildly.. They really weren't all that technically advanced to be able to keep track of lots of bugs everywhere.. If there were any, it was very isolated and not kept up for any extended period.

That's the official story.. And I'm sticking with it.

[edited to add that in the past 10yrs they have added more exterior video cameras for monitoring purposes.]

Edited by TrustAndObey

TrustAndObey, that sounds about right...

They certainly have a track record of getting these grand ideas but not researching them properly (ie log homes in the Ohio woods) or setting something up but never properly training enough people on how to run it (ie the musical fountain) and they always seemed to be a day late and a dollar short on technology in general (ie Beta players and the internet)...

Let's hope this kind of incompetence carried over to this as well...

that their tech guy specifically called them VIDEO wires... said they went into the bathrooms and everything.

Unless you guys watched videos during potty breaks, it seems the only other alternative reason for running video to (from) a bathroom might be.. what?

the rome city and emporia campuses are probably like the American Embassy in Moscow..

they finally had to tear it down to find (and get rid of) all the bugs..

:biglaugh:

Edited by Ham

I know.. it is kind of "unthinkable"..

but you guys had (at least some of you) had to supply schedules of teeth flossing, potty breaks and even scheduled sex..

how did *they* know you actually did what you supposedly signed on the line to do?

anybody ever "confronted" for not keeping one's agreement?

I don't think we'll ever figure out even half of the boundaries these bastards violated..

wires *everywhere* kind of says it all..

Ham... schedules were never required on campus, at least up to 1990 when I was there. The schedule fanatacism came later, and I believe it was limited to corps on the field. And as far as that goes, once I found out what our local leadership expected to see, I filled it out the same way every week and then proceded to do whatever the heck I wanted. No one even noticed.

Like I said, the guy who insisted they were video wires also insisted some Europeon Phd was DocVic's son who had changed his name... even in the face of obvious evidence to the contrary... I only posted what he said hoping someone who knows for sure might let us know the truth...