GreaseSpot Cafe

Why PFAL sucks

T-Bone

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Yeah...the trollish nature of his content sure points in that direction. Many years ago my little brother was messing around on 4chan message baords and such. Horrible stuff on there but upon closer inspection I found several tutorials on how to troll. I have to say Mike pretty much hit most points any troll would utilize, whether they are aware of their actions or not. One can be an unwitting troll as well....so it doesn't always come down to malicous intent.

49 minutes ago, chockfull said:

I’m actually going to back out of this line of questioning.  Salk and Scripps institutes on neuroscience do research on disorders.

However Mike is acting is likely due to other things going on that I do not want to delve into for privacy and dignity reasons.

Trying to be funny and humane and prob failing at both lol.

Some thoughts after both of your posts.

In cyberspace, it may be difficult to figure out where someone is coming from when their persona contradicts their stated goals or intent.

When someone is  that predictably inconsistent, I become very wary of anything they say.

Is it a mental health issue or a deliberate deception for whatever reason?

Since I’m not qualified to play doctor and diagnose someone over the internet – I usually go by my version of dealing with someone at face value – as I would if I were a bank teller. If what they hand me looks fake, I won’t accept it. Go deposit crazy somewhere else

~ ~ ~ ~

for example - this post 

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

They allowed me to function in it as if I were a grad student.  I wrote papers and critiques.  They even let me present my mirror riddle solution there.  It was a real education for me, and I met a lot of scientists famous in brain studies.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mike said:

In 1991 some interesting doors were opened to me at UCSD Cognitive Sciences Department, where  I became a member of a club that met weekly for 2 hours, for 7 years.

Ok....not to be petty...but....you are kinda making it sound like "doors were opened to you" at UCSD Cognitive Sciences Department was like an invitation extended to you as like...a big shot guest or something....like you were included with the Professors and such...or....did you just sign up and participate?

For a minute or two up at the top of page 20, I thought Mike was developing a real sense of humour.

Edited by Twinky

1 minute ago, Twinky said:

For a minute or two up at the top of pae 20, I thought Mike was developing a real sense of humour.

I've tried being humorous with h only to get backhanded humor in return. I don't play those passive/aggressive sort of games anymore.

57 minutes ago, Mike said:

They allowed me to function in it as if I were a grad student.  I wrote papers and critiques.  They even let me present my mirror riddle solution there.  It was a real education for me, and I met a lot of scientists famous in brain studies.

So you were not a grad student - no bachelors.  Papers and critiques.  On what?  Am I supposed to be familiar with what you mean by mirror riddle solution?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

And did they also give you the keys to the city?  And did you heal someone of a withered arm brain on the way out?

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

I view this statement as little more than Mike trying to establish intellectual high ground. He aleady assumes a fake moral high ground.

No. Intellectually, I admit to being a Rogue Scholar. 
Besides, it sounds real good to say that fast, in a noisy tavern.

Moral high ground, no. I am a Romans 7b kinda guy, and thankful for 8a.

I marvel at the open doors I had for all kinds of inside information in the science world, and also in TWI.  I was extremely influenced by constantly moving around from light spots to other light spots, and avoiding all the dark spots... like the Corps.  

Being on HQ staff without any Corps responsibilities gave me unique opportunities to see how the corporation worked from the inside. I preferred working the material on the field, though, so I moved on from HQ to California.

I waited 11 years to go out wow, and it was a good year with a good family. 

So, my dodging the hot spots and the trouble areas in the ministry gave me lots of unique learning experiences.   In short, I was blessed with tons of data that can help me and others, so I feel it my duty to pass it on. 

I want to share it and not stuff it down anyone's throats.  When I am severely challenged at that attempt to share (and I always am), then I must shift from a simple sharing mode to a more aggressive, confident mode.

The reason I can spot things the other grads have forgotten or that they never got in the first go around, is because I was in a fellowship that did nothing but study the collaterals from 1998 to 2018.  We had a full 20 years to try and master the PFAL writings, and we did a pretty good job.

That was a pretty unique PFAL review.  I learned some things that most grads missed in that time, and I feel it my duty to confidently present it.

8 minutes ago, Twinky said:

For a minute or two up at the top of page 20, I thought Mike was developing a real sense of humour.

Humor is like art.

Art was a friend of mine in middle school who lit himself on fire along with an ant hill.

I would love to see him again.  So many people are running around using his name in vain.

:wave:

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

The reason I can spot things the other grads have forgotten or that they never got in the first go around, is because I was in a fellowship that did nothing but study the collaterals from 1998 to 2018.  We had a full 20 years to try and master the PFAL writings, and we did a pretty good job.

That was a pretty unique PFAL review.  I learned some things that most grads missed in that time, and I feel it my duty to confidently present it.

Yeah I had the unique torture to mindlessly focus on the collaterals for hours a day exactly in the corpse program.

One of the corpse coordinators had the reputation of solving any of life’s problems straight out of the collaterals. 

You can do anything with the right blinders on.

The truth is those were sermon notes that had maybe a couple hours prep into it the extemporaneous delivered and recorded by a secretary.  

So you eclipsed the mental time put into it over the guy that taught it by a long prison sentence.

But people want to construct mysticism and habit patterns to look to for deliverance.  And now you are compelled to teach others this bondage.  Don’t be a scribe.  

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

No. Intellectually, I admit to being a Rogue Scholar. 
Besides, it sounds real good to say that fast, in a noisy tavern.

Moral high ground, no. I am a Romans 7b kinda guy, and thankful for 8a.

I marvel at the open doors I had for all kinds of inside information in the science world, and also in TWI.  I was extremely influenced by constantly moving around from light spots to other light spots, and avoiding all the dark spots... like the Corps.  

Being on HQ staff without any Corps responsibilities gave me unique opportunities to see how the corporation worked from the inside. I preferred working the material on the field, though, so I moved on from HQ to California.

I waited 11 years to go out wow, and it was a good year with a good family. 

So, my dodging the hot spots and the trouble areas in the ministry gave me lots of unique learning experiences.   In short, I was blessed with tons of data that can help me and others, so I feel it my duty to pass it on. 

I want to share it and not stuff it down anyone's throats.  When I am severely challenged at that attempt to share (and I always am), then I must shift from a simple sharing mode to a more aggressive, confident mode.

Wow...you take 4 sentences with false humility then write seven paragraphs about how unique, smart, perceptive, and inside you are/were in all things TWI. Thanks for proving my point.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

We had a full 20 years to try and master the PFAL writings, and we did a pretty good job.

Or...

In short, you missed all the trouble areas and missed a lot of unique learning experiences.  And that's why you can't hear what others say about the real TWI.

Did it ever occur to you to study the Bible?  In 20 years studying just the gospels or the OT or the epistles, you could really have learned something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

If you start it, then people wont be scared away from it with my name at the beginning.

You could put your thoughts on it, invite others to do the same, and then when they had their say, I could join the thread.  And then I could hypotize the audience out of their free will, and call them back to PFAL whether they like it or not. Or maybe I'll give up on the hippo-gnosis part. It never works here.

Yes it’s much harder to hypnotize people without multi session back to back brainwashing with a completely set cast and crew, isolation from the outside, and with Stanford experiment graduates as security.

You just need to try harder and set up the right environment.

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

So, my dodging the hot spots and the trouble areas in the ministry gave me lots of unique learning experiences.  

Of course I’m still curious about what the brain trust at UCSD was gathered together around for 7 years. What were you writing and critiquing?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

You don't have to answer this, if you don't want to. Were you the subject of a study at UCSD? Or, did you receive treatment for anything there?

2 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

You don't have to answer this, if you don't want to. Were you the subject of a study at UCSD? Or, did you receive treatment for anything there?

So are you going to start that thread on free will or not?
You can see my theory that way.  I'd rather discuss those ideas.

Just now, Mike said:

So are you going to start that thread on free will or not?
You can see my theory that way.  I'd rather discuss those ideas.

Already did, but I'll warn you the discussion of the topic of the illusion of free will is contingent upon answering some lingering questions. Details are in the opening post.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Actually, pizza was bought for the group with one of the member's McArthur Award money.

How is this anything which MIGHT motivate anyone to return to TWI and PFLAP?

Or is it just an exercise in self-aggrandizement?

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

How is this anything which MIGHT motivate anyone to return to TWI and PFLAP?

Or is it just an exercise in self-aggrandizement?

I was just thinking of signing up for the new foundational class...

4 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Did you convert any in your science club? Did you admit to them how you feel about confirmation bias?

There was one grad student who could follow me some.  But I was there to learn, not to witness, but I did a little of it wisely.  Because I witnessed only very sparingly over a 7 year span, the few times I did were heard loudly. I respected them and them letting me hang out, like a groupie.  They respected me as I gradually showed them my hand.

It is against the religion of the academy to think that confirmation bias can have some benefits at some times, so no, I kept that close to my vest.  Also, I doubt if the occasional benefits of a closed mind ever came up either.