GreaseSpot Cafe

William Branham: Seed of the Serpent

OldSkool

On 12/16/2022 at 5:31 PM, Mike said:

The most memorable written re-formulation of a doctrine by TWI was in JCPS regarding the star of Bethlehem.

But it was not a written retraction, like what I am proposing to them, when I talk about ECNs, which are Engineering Change Notices used in the tech industries.  An ECN has both the old way and the new way explicitly written, sometimes in synopsis form if the full story is too long.

Plus it was a "soft re-formulation" in the sense that VPW or any of the leadership superstars.  It was written by Peter B*****ger, who was kicked out of the Corps with great infamy not long after his Way Magazine article on the Star of Bethlehem was published. 

The totally changed reformation in JCPS a few years later was NOT accompanied by any written mention of the old magazine article, so it is not as good as a full ECN.

Just out of curiosity Mike have you had a chance to read penworks book yet?  You have a lot of speculation going on about a time period and people that are very well documented in her book.  She was there, was Corps, worked for Walter as head of the research dept, and writes a great history about that time period.

Have you read it?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, chockfull said:

Just out of curiosity Mike have you had a chance to read penworks book yet?  You have a lot of speculation going on about a time period and people that are very well documented in her book.  She was there, was Corps, worked for Walter as head of the research dept, and writes a great history about that time period.

Have you read it?

I have resumed reading it after hearing more of what is to come. 

The reason I soured on it was I could see early in the book, with her lament on "the Bible interprets itself."  I could see that she had an agenda, that of pushing her shallow, wimpy, lifeless version of the truth about the Bible. 

So, more recently I find out here that she had a big complaint about the Reseach Department.  I had a hunch what her complaint was, since I too had a hair pulling complaint myself, and I suspected they were identical. I got another clue to the same today in a PM that confirms my hunch,

At the same time Charlene was at HQ I was there. She was a cutie, and I almost got a schoolboy crush on her, from a distance, until I found out she was married.  I think I remember her at Rye also, but that memory is vague. Besides, I had a huge crush (from a distance again) on Kristen Skedgell at Rye, another later whistle blower, and that washes out my memory of Charlene there.  I find it amazing how little old me got around.  God showed me many things in my life, and led me to meet lots of people who were prominent in some way.  I am currently writing down all my many adventures and sightings to remind me of God's grace to me.  I didn't know it was happening untill recent years.  I noticed lots of people had a hard time believing me, with all the stories I told.  Many here have disbelieved my past stories.  Funny thing is, when I started writing them down in one plade, I started having a hard time believing myself, that all these things happend to me or around me in my sight. I had to say all that before I write the next lines.

Coincidentally, when Charlene and I were at HQ (me 76-78)  I met Peter Bernneger, the author of the first Star of Bethlehem thing in the Way Magazine I reported earlier in another thread today. at the same time.  

We met because I was known to be a big science head, talking some with Earl Burton about improving his AC science gig.  I also proposed a Word in Science to VPW, and he had a meeting with me to talk about it. Peter B was a sort of intellectual partner with John Fanning, another big science head, and we three talked about the brain and consciousness.

Coincidentally, we all talked about the Research Department also, and they looked over their shoulders first, and then told me they were very unhappy with that department.   They said it was cheating.  Like the Schoenheit paper, I had a sneak preview of what Charlene talks about in her book, circa 1977.  I pondered what Peter and John said and was on the lookout for problems, and I did actually see them a short time later.

HOWEVER, unlike most who hear and then jump to concussions, I kept my head down, and just pondered it.  Why VPW would cheat at research? I figured then, no one's perfect. But I was sad about it.

Then 1998 rolled finally around two decades later and I got my answer.  I was stunned at what I found, when I considered the possibly deeply that the 1942 Promise actually happened.  I had treated it as an exaggeration, or a figure of speech or something.  I figured he was only 26 then, so no big deal. I just didn't know until 1998.  Now I understand.

I have posted this about the research department before here. I should look for it and see if my story is consistent.  Funny thing, how when you tell the truth, you don't have to worry about getting a story straight on multiple occasions many years spaced.

Maybe someday I will finish remembering and collecting items and post the list here.   I think God raised me up to do jobs with My Odd Life.  Watch for it, coming to forums near you.

"It's not Bragging if You can Really do it." - Babe Ruth

"Why VPW would cheat at research? I figured then, no one's perfect. But I was sad about it.

Then 1998 rolled finally around two decades later and I got my answer.  I was stunned at what I found, when I considered the possibly deeply that the 1942 Promise actually happened.  I had treated it as an exaggeration, or a figure of speech or something.  I figured he was only 26 then, so no big deal. I just didn't know until 1998.  Now I understand."

====================

But the 1942 Promise has been scrutinized from several angles, and has been proven to NOT have happened beyond any REASONABLE doubt.   It was never meant as an exaggeration, nor a figure of speech.  It was something said by someone, who knew it was not true, who intended that people believe it.  In other words, IT WAS A LIE.

The several angles are quite easy to review- for anyone who isn't afraid of what they might find.

https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/24980-concerning-the-failure-of-the-1942-promise/

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, So_crates said:

If I remember correctly, he proposed it as a certainty based on the Star of Bethlehem being three astrological events occuring at the same time. He said these events came together only a few times in history and once around Christ's time.

I thought all this stuff was lifted from Bullinger's Witness of the Stars?

Remember what I said about the length of the post directly correlated with the effort to con someone.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

The reason I soured on it was I could see early in the book, with her lament on "the Bible interprets itself."  I could see that she had an agenda, that of pushing her shallow, wimpy, lifeless version of the truth about the Bible. 

And like you don't have an agenda? So shall we stop reading your post too?

5 hours ago, Mike said:

So, more recently I find out here that she had a big complaint about the Reseach Department.  I had a hunch what her complaint was, since I too had a hair pulling complaint myself, and I suspected they were identical. I got another clue to the same today in a PM that confirms my hunch,

Notice no mention of what the complaint was.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

At the same time Charlene was at HQ I was there. She was a cutie, and I almost got a schoolboy crush on her, from a distance, until I found out she was married.  I think I remember her at Rye also, but that memory is vague. Besides, I had a huge crush (from a distance again) on Kristen Skedgell at Rye, another later whistle blower, and that washes out my memory of Charlene there. 

Why should we care? This is intended to muddy the water as what does this have to do with you reading Charlene's book?

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I find it amazing how little old me got around.  God showed me many things in my life, and led me to meet lots of people who were prominent in some way.  I am currently writing down all my many adventures and sightings to remind me of God's grace to me.  I didn't know it was happening untill recent years.  I noticed lots of people had a hard time believing me, with all the stories I told.  Many here have disbelieved my past stories.  Funny thing is, when I started writing them down in one plade, I started having a hard time believing myself, that all these things happend to me or around me in my sight. I had to say all that before I write the next lines.

Again, what does this have to do with the question your supposed to be answering?

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Coincidentally, when Charlene and I were at HQ (me 76-78)  I met Peter Bernneger, the author of the first Star of Bethlehem thing in the Way Magazine I reported earlier in another thread today. at the same time.  

We met because I was known to be a big science head, talking some with Earl Burton about improving his AC science gig.  I also proposed a Word in Science to VPW, and he had a meeting with me to talk about it. Peter B was a sort of intellectual partner with John Fanning, another big science head, and we three talked about the brain and consciousness.

Again this has to do with what?

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Coincidentally, we all talked about the Research Department also, and they looked over their shoulders first, and then told me they were very unhappy with that department.   They said it was cheating.  Like the Schoenheit paper, I had a sneak preview of what Charlene talks about in her book, circa 1977.  I pondered what Peter and John said and was on the lookout for problems, and I did actually see them a short time later.

Again, so what?

5 hours ago, Mike said:

HOWEVER, unlike most who hear and then jump to concussions, I kept my head down, and just pondered it.  Why VPW would cheat at research? I figured then, no one's perfect. But I was sad about it.

Notice no statement answering why Saint Vic cheated on research.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Then 1998 rolled finally around two decades later and I got my answer.  I was stunned at what I found, when I considered the possibly deeply that the 1942 Promise actually happened.  I had treated it as an exaggeration, or a figure of speech or something.  I figured he was only 26 then, so no big deal. I just didn't know until 1998.  Now I understand.

You got the answer? So what is it?

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I have posted this about the research department before here. I should look for it and see if my story is consistent.  Funny thing, how when you tell the truth, you don't have to worry about getting a story straight on multiple occasions many years spaced.

Yah, like the story of the 1942 promise which has multiple versions. See Wordwolf's post above for the link.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Maybe someday I will finish remembering and collecting items and post the list here.   I think God raised me up to do jobs with My Odd Life.  Watch for it, coming to forums near you.

Something that was obviously so important to you and you forgot?

5 hours ago, Mike said:

But, hey, you didn't forget to pay yourself on the back.

Conclusion:

A long rambling post meant to muddy the water. A simple question requires a simple answer. Did you get back to reading Charlene's book?

Edited by So_crates
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mike said:

At the same time Charlene was at HQ I was there. She was a cutie, and I almost got a schoolboy crush on her, from a distance, until I found out she was married.  I think I remember her at Rye also, but that memory is vague. Besides, I had a huge crush (from a distance again) on Kristen Skedgell at Rye, another later whistle blower, and that washes out my memory of Charlene there.  I find it amazing how little old me got around.  God showed me many things in my life, and led me to meet lots of people who were prominent in some way.  I am currently writing down all my many adventures and sightings to remind me of God's grace to me.  I didn't know it was happening untill recent years.  I noticed lots of people had a hard time believing me, with all the stories I told.  Many here have disbelieved my past stories.  Funny thing is, when I started writing them down in one plade, I started having a hard time believing myself, that all these things happend to me or around me in my sight. I had to say all that before I write the next lines.

I see.  God raised you up to write a unique version of Way history this is not how you say

”shallow, wimpy, lifeless version of truth about the Bible”

So much so that you won’t even read a full firsthand account of another historian.  Wow that is certainly a unique perspective.

You seem to prefer the real manly man version of truth about the Bible.  The one where all the women belong to the king.

The one where you censor yourself in research to secretary notes for 2 decades.  

The one where actual idols are OK but “anti-idols” are hate filled and not loving.

It does highlight 100% how anti Christ the hardcore TWI brain is.

Edited by chockfull
  • Upvote 1

From an accuracy perspective I view the promise as an invented story after the fact where a minister faked SIT on stage at an Oral Robert’s convention, this debacle was witnessed by an attending minister, who took the time to placate the ministers misogyny and help lead him where he was stuck.  Then the faking lo shonta minister stayed in touch with the helping minister long enough to obtain a copy of his gifts of the spirit book to copy.

Back then there was no internet, and no way for multiple people in different geographical locations to compare stories, at least not quickly.  VP figured he owned a printing press and nobody would be the wiser to his lifting tendencies.  So if a man steals a manuscript in the woods where nobody is around to witness it, is he still a thief?

My own story SIT has an interesting parallel.  I attended a denominational church as a youth.  One of the youth group elders 2 grades ahead attended an Oral Robert’s convention, where he was led into SIT.  Without all the fakes.  He came home taught it to me privately and it worked.  

Anyway there’s my story and viewpoint regarding the whatever year it was supposed to be made up in promise.

This is sounding more Mormon by the moment.

”Go home and pray on it whether the Joseph Smith story is true”.  “ we know the apostles just changed the story about the Moroni tablets and the hat reading but it was God durn it in a historic event”.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, So_crates said:

I could have been. I only leafed through JC:PS 11 years ago. Then I found an almost exact copy by another author in the local library.

Is it JCOPS or JCOP that does the squishy math with Peter's denials? That's the one I remember leafing through. Lots of citations for the Latin Vulgate, I remember. And when I came across the (para?)phrase, "cocks crowed at a different time of day in Bible times," with no citation at all, I realized the book was not as serious or scholarly as purported..

All the footnotes of the Vulgate or Sinaiticus seemed like an answer to critics more than real scholarly effort. If it was a serious book, written by serious "superstar researchers," the asserted, opinionated claim about crowing cocks wouldn't have gone without citation.

I don't doubt intelligent, well-meaning people worked on it - people with a lot of knowledge of the Bible, for sure. But the application of all that Bullinger math and bullshonta about roosters in "Bible times" was too silly for me.

Claiming roosters behaved differently 2000 years ago is not a lie. It's bullshonta.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Apple butter and pickles

12 hours ago, chockfull said:

Have you read it?

On 10/30/2022 at 12:21 PM, Mike said:

I haven't even read 5% of it yet, not even to the point where she took the class, and am in no big hurry to finish. 

On 10/30/2022 at 12:28 PM, OldSkool said:

It's 474 pages. Even at a slow pace of 125 pages a week you could be done in a month. 

On 10/30/2022 at 12:34 PM, OldSkool said:

....reading it slowly...you said youve read 5% --- over 5 years that's 23.7 pages.

Mikes not going to read her book.

Edited by OldSkool

5 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

. And when I came across the (para?)phrase, "cocks crowed at a different time of day in Bible times," with no citation at all, I realized the book was not as serious or scholarly as purported.

Not surprising. He made things up and found things in books and old pieces of paper that he had now lost. 

And as Mike has made abundantly clear, he doesn't like academia and citations are a bore to him.  Which is why he only talks of people he might have met etc. Nothing that can be backed up. 

(Read: He don't want to bother with checkable details, he just want to say he found it on a piece of paper somewhere.) 

Edited by Twinky

The ridiculous whine about being ridiculed….

Simple Question

16 hours ago, chockfull said:

Just out of curiosity Mike have you had a chance to read penworks book yet?  

Ridiculous Answer  

Mike: I have resumed reading it after hearing more of what is to come. 

At the same time Charlene was at HQ I was there. She was a cutie, and I almost got a schoolboy crush on her, from a distance, until I found out she was married.  I think I remember her at Rye also, but that memory is vague. Besides, I had a huge crush (from a distance again) on Kristen Skedgell at Rye, another later whistle blower, and that washes out my memory of Charlene there.  I find it amazing how little old me got around.  God showed me many things in my life, and led me to meet lots of people who were prominent in some way.  I am currently writing down all my many adventures and sightings to remind me of God's grace to me.  I didn't know it was happening untill recent years.  I noticed lots of people had a hard time believing me, with all the stories I told.  Many here have disbelieved my past stories.  Funny thing is, when I started writing them down in one plade, I started having a hard time believing myself, that all these things happend to me or around me in my sight. I had to say all that before I write the next lines.

Coincidentally, when Charlene and I were at HQ (me 76-78)  I met Peter Bernneger, the author of the first Star of Bethlehem thing in the Way Magazine I reported earlier in another thread today. at the same time.  

Then 1998 rolled finally around two decades later and I got my answer.  I was stunned at what I found, when I considered the possibly deeply that the 1942 Promise actually happened.  I had treated it as an exaggeration, or a figure of speech or something.  I figured he was only 26 then, so no big deal. I just didn't know until 1998.  Now I understand.

19 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Not surprising. He made things up and found things in books and old pieces of paper that he had now lost. 

And as Mike has made abundantly clear, he doesn't like academia and citations are a bore to him.  Which is why he only talks of people he might have met etc. Nothing that can be backed up. 

(Read: He don't want to bother with checkable details, he just want to say he found it on a piece of paper somewhere.) 

As children, we learn or are “taught” certain conventions and myths about animals, agriculture, etc. I always beleeeved that roosters were a farm’s natural alarm clock.

Then, then, THEN! I lived in Central America one summer and found out roosters crow all day and night. So, when I read that bullshonta line in that book, I was astonished. Then, then, THEN! I remembered it was all self published propaganda.

There’s at least one other poster who commented years ago on the rooster bullshonta. I don’t know which thread. Maybe WordWolf or Tbone knows. Reading that thread was just further validation of my suspicion. 

4 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

If you beleeve big enough, you can wait longer than that.

So. . . . Print in Edwarian script on manilla paper, burn the edges, remove random pages, and bury in clay pots near an excavation site?