Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rick,

I'm remiss about getting back to you about your post with HC's Sequel. I loved it and I don't think I had heard it before. Geeze I wish he would have told us if they had at least kissed. Maybe started a new relationship? But now Harry's gone and I guess we'll never know. *Unless* there really IS a Sue! She could tell us!

OH and Kathy!!!,

You're sending Tops instructions as to how to upload and link?? That is SO much work!! Remember what a hard time Cowgirl had learning to not leave out a comma or a period?? :biglaugh: Thank you Kathy.. I hereby designate you the official Nostalgia Thread© Housemother. You are now in charge of taking all our newbies under your wing. I have confidence in you, my dear!

sudo

Well based on this part of the song:

So we talked all through that afternoon

Talking about where we'd been

We talked of the tiny difference

Between ending and starting to begin.

We talked because talking tells you things

Like what you really are thinking about.

But sometimes you can't find what you're feeling

Till all the word run out.

So I asked her to come to the concert.

She said "No, I work at night."

I said, "We've gotten too damn good at leaving, Sue"

She said, "Harry, you're right."

Don't ask me if I made love to her

Or which one of us started to cry

Don't ask me why she wouldn't take the money that I left

If I answered at all I'd lie.

I'd say they did a little more than just kiss. :biglaugh:

I have a tribute to HC done by Pat Benetar somewhere. If I find it, I'll post it.

Rick

TOPS,

Re:"Ok, now you're scaring me."

Just relax.. we'll be gentle :biglaugh: . Let me explain. Rick was absolutely correct in the first place and the only reason I said differently was because I've seen people who couldn't follow directions *exactly* and for THEM it was tough. Really, its very simple. Really. There's just lots of steps involved and some folks take to computer stuff better than others.

If after you get your instructions from Kathy, it seems overwhelming I want to tell you this.. I had nobody to help me through all this. I had to self teach myself how to FTP (you'll learn what this means :) ) a file to an internet server and learn the code for linking to it. I also had to learn how to take sound (WAV, MP3 etc..) files and convert them BEFORE uploading them because back then almost everyone had dial-up internet connections and I wanted for folks to hear my sounds without having to wait.

But I started this thread years ago and its been the biggest hit at the Greasespot Cafe. Now we have YOU here playing with us! And yes... its almost like being home, huh? Only we don't allow fussing or fighting HERE! Hee-hee!

sudo

That would be wonderously,wonderfully wonderful.

Oh sorry, that was supposed to go on another thread!!

You're a nut. :)

Thank you Kathy.. I hereby designate you the official Nostalgia Thread© Housemother. You are now in charge of taking all our newbies under your wing. I have confidence in you, my dear!

sudo

I will joyfully serve. :)

TOTW,

You will do fine. And I can walk you thru things so you don’t have to do it alone like Sudo did. You’ll have my email address that I monitor from work so I won’t be far.

But I am going to gratefully take the time to make it the best I can and some of this was never in text form, just us talking back and forth to each other. haha

I'd say they did a little more than just kiss. :biglaugh:

I have a tribute to HC done by Pat Benetar somewhere. If I find it, I'll post it.

Rick

I don't think I've heard that.

And I agree they did a tad more than kiss. <_<

And when Sudo says exactly he is right. You have to be exact, there is no margin for error in the things you will be doing. But once you get it down you'll do it without thought.

I like doing things without thought-takes the stres out of decision making.

:biglaugh:

Bluz: Is that by any chance "Shooting Star" that Benitar sang at the 40th birthday tribute to Harry? I have it, I love it, and is an example of one of the things I would love to share.

I look forward to hearing what you have.

Thanks, Kathy and Sudo, for your words of encouragement. :love3:

I think..

We were just talking about this guy and whatnot were we not? Click HERE! So who is it? And C'mon.. lets not give it away all at once guys although it may be easy for you. You know.. I could have picked a more obscure one but.. this is my favorite which he did in 1961 so I remember it on the radio. I was 9 years old. Loved it then. Love it now. For me, its nostalgic. :)

sudo

Is that Ricky Nelson I hear???????

Ca_dreaming,

Once in awhile I act like I'm the boss and go over the games goals. I'll use Sudo as an example.

So who is it? And C'mon.. lets not give it away all at once guys although it may be easy for you. You know.. I could have picked a more obscure one but..

What he is saying is use a clue to let us know you know who it is until others have a chance to guess also. My clue was an answer to who it was but not a give away if you didn't know who it was yet.

So that is an example of how we have fun with the thread. I'm glad you joined us and thank you for letting me use you as my example in my periodic review of the gig here.

PS....here is where I got the idea for the clue I used from. And I knew who it was of course but went and looked for something different for him.

In Stephen King's Nightmares & Dreamscapes, Nelson appears in You Know They Got a Hell of a Band as an evil version of himself, who torments an unsuspecting couple trapped in a town inhabited by late rock n roll legends. Nelson was portrayed by William McNamara in the 2006 television mini-series adaptation of Nightmares & Dreamscapes.
Edited by ChattyKathy

he WAS wooden-so was his brother David

there was something intentional about that on that show-not that I think he could have played it much different

as I said in a previous post-'the 'adventures' of Ozzie and Harriet' were tv valium. the pacing was measured, none of the characters ever got too excited, angry, or displayed spontaneous emotion.

The show was a reflection of Ozzie Nelson, much as Dragnet's characters and pacing were Jack Webb's.

Somehow it worked for me. I was drawn to the show when I was 8 or so for those very reasons, tho I couldn't explain why then. Instead of the screaming and crisis' going on around me at home, it was a safe haven, where the Nelson's moved through life on this even keel. It was almost like a sedative. And for whatever reason, I enjoyed the darn thing, and watched it every week-till Batman took it away. But that's another story.

of course in real life, Rick was a mess, Ozzie was a controlling stage dad, Harriet played the dutiful wife, and David lived in the shadow of Rick.

oh-and when Rick was younger, he was anything BUT wooden. A more wise foot kid you never saw. they called him 'the irrepressible Ricky'. He calmed down, along with everyone else, as he grew older.

ok-I've spent way too much time on this weird slice of Americana. I'm through, I promise.

Not completely accurate, Kat. The final reports indicate an unknown ignition source which filled the cabin with smoke, and in attempting to bring the plane down the pilots clipped wires which spun them in. The final theory of the fire was a faulty cabin heater, which was known to cause problems on DC-3's.

I recall all the drug stories: the media got a whiff of that and blew it up to mythical propotions as being the cause of the crash. Typical.

Ok: during the same ryear as this show was another, which I would love to see on DVD. This one starred a well known wise-cracking schoolteacher. She was always after a particular co-worker, and came up with one of many ideas to get his attention:

Female one: Give Mr. ***** a subtle hint or two.

Female two: Like what, for instance?

Female one: Tell him you're sick and tired of being single.

Female two: Oh, thats fine-or maybe I could dump a bowl of rice on his head and whistle the wedding march.

I know the show, but I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen a whole episode. I twas from the early 50's , and rarely rerun in syndication where I lived. I'd like to see it on dvd also.

One of the characters spoke with a weird voice that he abandoned when he went on to 'the Real McCoys"

Yep, you all are in the right classroom. :biglaugh: That young man sure accumalated quite an acting resume through the years.

The principal also went on to other roles, including Lucy's boss.

Here's a piece of trivia: Did you know that, just like the nightly news, there were some shows that only ran for 15 minutes? Of course, some of those same shows didn't last very long. A very well known and beloved movie actor actually starred in one that lasted all of three months in 52-53. Doubt it was on long enough for anyone to notice. But we sure remember him, and I never saw him in a lemon.

Thanks Chatty Kathy, you are a great help . :)

Tops,

Can you remember Our Ms. Flowing Stream? You must be about my vintage then. Personally? I don't remember it at all though I really liked the actor who went to work later with Walter Brennan and appeared in all the Rambo movies.

You guys want nostalgia? Well I've gots nostalgia for you I tell 'ya!. Just look at the pic below..

aen2.jpg

What? The lady doesn't look familiar you say? She's pretty enough but there are lots of pretty girls but why post her pic you ask? Because she was a one hit wonder with a song you all should remember. It was #1 on the charts for a long time. Who is she? And did you guys like the song? If you guys are *good* you won't have to go further. But if not... click on her picture to find out!!

sudo