GreaseSpot Cafe

Details about Pawtucket's dad's funeral

Steve!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On behalf of my family, I want to thank those that sent flowers.

The funeral is this morning. Here is the text of the tribute we put together.

quote:
Dad,

You were so many things – Loving Husband, Grandfather Father and Friend. You were a gentleman

We are going to miss you.

We will always remember how proud you were of all of us – We each felt like your favorite. It did not matter what we did in life as long as we worked hard and gave 100% all the time. You always had words of encouragement for us all.

You were so proud to be an American and always told us that we were living in the greatest country in the world. But you never let us forget our Irish heritage. Over and over you told us stories about your childhood and our relatives. You made us feel like we were there. You gave us roots.

You loved Ma very much. You taught us to honor and respect her. And we promise to take care of her now.

You were loyal to all your friends, never turning your back on them. If any of your friends needed help you were there. You were a man of your word

You were a simple and practical man never letting materialistic things guide your beliefs in any way. You would tell us that if we did not have our health we did not have anything. We were very lucky because we had a roof over our heads, food on the table and in good health. You thanked God for these simple things everyday.

The best gift you gave us is a sense of humor. Laughing together, at each other and at ourselves is something we do everyday. Laughing is healing.

As we think of you we will be sad at times. But we will sit and laugh at all the fun times we had together with you. You will forever make us smile.

Your loving children

Paw,

I'm very sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful letter; your Dad must have been quite a man, and a wonderful father.

I lost my Dad about fourteen months ago, and did not get there in time to say goodbye. I'm so very glad that you got to be with your Dad, for a "parting well made." I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

love, niKa

I wish I could have known him!

But in a way, I do. When I was so ill last year, and spent a short time in the hospital, Paw found a way to get my unpublished number to ask my famiily what he could do. We do not know each other. I might recognize him becaue of various photos around here, but he'd never pick me out of a lineup.

Pawtucket: your Dad is gone from this life, but his ideas and the way he lived his life live on in you and your siblings.

I, for one, am sure he was very proud of you; and I, for one, am glad he was on this earth for a time. Such good family men are sometimes hard to find.