GreaseSpot Cafe

10 Things We Don't Know About You

Shellon

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, I don't actually watch it. Some episodes are funny. My two kids, who are otherwise intelligent and caring individuals, love it and watch it occasionally. I've watched it with my son and we end up laughing hysterically and repeating selected lines for a few days. Don't know what that means. May be bad. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Right now we're coming off a Shrek2 jag.

"I most certainly am not!

and

"It's a THONG!"

Well, lemme think:

10. I was once on a local kid's TV show in San Francisco when I was 10 (for those who were in the SF bay area in 1966, it was the Mayor Art show on KRON-TV, Ch. 4.)

9. I once met Bing Crosby when he pulled into the Shell station I was working at. He was apparently on his way to Napa, I think for the Silverado Open Golf tournament there.

more to follow....

10. When I was a child...on Friday nights my Father would leave a quarter on the coffee table. When my brother and I woke up on Sat Morning, we would take the quarter down to the corner store and buy a large bottle of rootbeer.

Then we'd put the TV on (that my dad built...but that's another story) and watch Westerns and drink "shots" of "whiskey"...we even used shot glasses. The coffee table was our bar.

To totally sidetrack for a minute I've chosen a portion of an interview that may define to those who care why we might be cleverly entertained or a tad touched one. icon_eek.gif

quote:
Beavis and Butt-Head on What's Cool and What Sucks

[by Charles M. Young, Rolling Stone, August 19, 1993]

(snip)

Charles Young: You seem to watch a lot of TV. Do you think television depicts an accurate view of the world?

ButtHead: Uh...like, are you really with the Rolling Stones?

Charles Young: I'm with "Rolling Stone," the magazine.

ButtHead: So, uh, do you get lots of chicks?

Beavis : Hey, Butt-Head, when chicks find out we know someone with the Stones, we'll get some helmet. Huh-huh, huh-huh.

Charles Young: I'm with the magazine "Rolling Stone." I'm a writer, not a musician.

Beavis : Wuss.

ButtHead: So you don't get any chicks?

Charles Young: Not like Mick Jagger.

Beavis : Mick Jagger's not a chick.

ButtHead: He didn't say he was a chick, Beavis. He said he doesn't *get* chicks.

Beavis : He said he doesn't get chicks like Mick Jagger.

ButtHead: That's right. Not like Mick Jagger.

Beavis : But Mick Jagger's not a chick.

ButtHead: Don't make me kick your foot again, Beavis.

(snip)

Okay back to topic:

I don't like to shop, and when I do I like to do it alone.

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Aaaaaah. Sweet!

#5 I once met Tom Waits at a Flea Market in Sebastopol, CA. He was with a boy, his son I think, looking at some cheap watches on a table. I said "Tom?" and he said "Yeah" in a voice 2 octaves below deep that I felt more than I heard. He mumbled something and I acted like I understood him. We looked at cheap gadgets and stuff and finally he looked at me and nodded and walked off.

Socks, you met Tom Waits?!

Wow! It doesn't get any better than that.

"And the bouncer is a Sumo wrestler,

With the I.Q. of a fencepost.

And you cannot find the waitress

with a Gieger counter

And the carpet needs a haircut

And the piano has been drinking,

Not me."

One of our unsung (or only partially sung) heros, fer sure...

I used to live next door to Linda Ronstadt.

Oh, yeah, I once made the climb from the "Phantom Ranch" to the rim of the Grand Canyon in 4 hours.

I'm still out of breath...

I go barefoot in my cowboy boots even in the winter!

I love smoked oysters!

When I was growing up I used to hate chocolate ice cream and the color purple, I was a fan of Donny Osmond and I found out those were his two favourites so I forced myself to like them because he did.

I rode across the United States on a motorcycle.

I'm a leftie !

Before I ran, I used to be a gymnast

I rarely brush my hair, I like the messy (wild) look, (thank god, Goey does too!)

My dream job would either be a wall muralist (kids murals) or a photographer!

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl

1.I have 1543 songs on Real One Player at my computer at work because I'm in a basement and can't pick up on the raido.

2.I sleep on my side, with two down pillows piled up under my head.

3.While I was growing up, we had a REAL Norman Rockwell on the wall in the living room. (My grandfather knew him)

4.I'm related to President Garfield because my grandmother's sister married his son. ("Uncle Abe")

5.I lived in England for a year when I was 11.

6.The most I ever loved some one was in 10th grade, and I still think of him.

7.I'm always on a diet, except when I'm not.

8.I don't have a favorite color because I can't decide.

9.I hate sea food although I ate a bite of sushi that I liked.

10.I like red wine, not white.

Edited by outandabout

quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeStGeorge:

quote:
Originally posted by ex70'shouston:

Actually have a collage education and own a bussiniss with employees.

You got an education in making collages? anim-smile-blue.gif

And that's BIDNESS, y'all! icon_wink.gif;)-->

and extactly what did you expect to come out of a graduate of the University of Houston

George

6. I drink the juice at the bottom of the pickle jar after all the pickles are gone.

5. I envy black widow spiders because they get to eat their mate and don't have live with them throughout their pregnancies.

4. Not only do I not fold underwear, I don't sort socks or make my bed (unless my mother is coming over).

10. I am extremely shy

9. I have a very vivid imagination, so much so that in kindergarten I was afraid of the tall pine trees and would hide in a corner during recess

8. When I was a kid I wanted to be a dancer or a gymnist

7. One of my favorite movies is "The Sound of Music"

6. I love the theater

5. For years I thought I was too stupid to make it through college, only to finally discover I am not stupid at all.

4. I have a neighbor who really ....es me off and I really really really want to egg his house. Actually, I don't like any of my neighbors and want to pick up my house and move it to my old neighborhood.

3. In high school I saw the Rocky Horror Picture show hundreds of times and I still love dancing to the Time Warp.

2. I am going to be 38 years old in a couple of months and it is really bugging me. I cannot believe I am this old, I still feel like a teenager.

1. My favorite color is purple

Shell, this is a great thread. Thanks for starting it. What fun to read of each other's quirks and unique experiences!

Here are a few more:

Abi reminded me of this one, with her fear of tall pine trees. When I was in first grade, I was so terrified by kids in skeleton costumes at our Halloween party that I crawled under the teacher's desk and wouldn't come out until my mom came and got me.

I peed my pants in about 5th grade while on a tour of a WW II submarine (it's still permanently "docked" in Cleveland) with my summer day camp. I was too embarrassed to ask a sailor (they were all men in those days) where the bathroom was. Thank God I was wearing a dress, cuz no one noticed except me and whichever lucky sailor got to mop up my puddle. icon_redface.gif:o-->

I was once engaged to a guy whose last name was Baggs.