GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwille books on eBay - going for HIGH $$$

Jeff USAF RET

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve!

The OMSTW book didn't come out until 1985. veepee wasn't at roa 1985. He was pushing up daisies.

I remember the book being released after he died. I remember the hooplah being made about his last book......oh, the man of gawd is fallen asleep, and we won't have any more coming from him.....Mine was hardly read. That's what I thought about it.

Oldiesman has a copy of the book signed by VPW. Your memory notwithstanding, I think that proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that he was alive when it was published.

Perhaps the ROA was the first time you saw it, even though it was released a few months earlier? Or maybe he pre-signed a bunch of copies?

If you all are talking about Order My Steps In My Word it was Written by VPW and released while he was alive.

VPW died in May of 1985, the last year I was in residence in the 13th WC. The corps had been instructed prior to his death to read that book over and over, paying special attention to the chapters of Transferring of Power (or something like that, mine is in storage) and Heirs Together in the Grace of Life.

When he died, I was at Emporia, geting ready to graduate and as previously mentioned we had a week off to "reflect, pray and grieve....and read those chapters over and over."

I read those chapters as least 100 times each, and got a killer suntan while doing it. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Radar

Perhaps you all are remembering him talking about it and selling it from the stage of the auditorium during the opening of the auditorium during March of 1985. I was on LEAD during that time.....I don't know about all of you, but I had a GREAT TIME!!!!

quote:
I have a leather bound RTHS book from Living Victoriously, or somewhereother....it's still in it's red original box....have 14kt gold page edging....

Do you think I could pay my college tuition with this one?????

Ha. I always wanted one of those. I think that'd do well if you give a nice pic and detailed description on what event it's celebrating and how you got it, how much of a historical piece it is in twi world, etc. Did you get it directly from VP, like did he hand it to you? I wasn't there but that might have some significance. Gifts from VP may do better than standard items.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Wacky, you're absolutely right, if my memory serves me correctly they gave it to us at the "Living Victoriously" class....it came in a red box, black leather, and it also had the picture of the painting done of the apostles receiving the holy spirit and the cloven tongues of fire above their heads. Mine has been in the garbage for awhile....

Cowgirl

BRNCOSRD_t.jpg

While visiting my parents a couple of months ago, I decided to look through whatever junk I still had there from years past and see what I could purge. In addition to a whole load of very ugly 80's attire (what were we all thinking?)I found 2 WOW Vet shirts. I decided to throw one in the blossoming Good Will pile, thinking that some soul in Guatamala or elsewhere might not mind wearing it. I kept the other one and added it to my "Way box."

A few days later I saw one on Ebay with the bidding already up to $30. This stuff appreciated better than some of my stocks.

True, WordWolf, but I was not aware that anyone other than the Geerites who left by 1989 knew about those books. I stuck with the two that were actually sold in the TWI bookstore.

Were the other books sold in the TWI bookstore?

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

True, WordWolf, but I was not aware that anyone other than the Geerites who left by 1989 knew about those books. I stuck with the two that were actually sold in the TWI bookstore.

Were the other books sold in the TWI bookstore?

Not that I know of...I was just trying to cover all the bases.

That or show off. Or both. icon_smile.gif:)-->

From what I gathered when I sold off what little Way crap I had left (the bulk of it ending up in a landfill), memorabilia didn't really sell too well. It was supposed "research" materials that went for good dough.

I know I had a couple of those paper-bound aramaic interlinears - they were only a few pages - and they sold for 30 or 40 dollars EACH!

(can you say "maroon"? Sure, I knew you could)

I've recently stumbled upon a couple of those leather bound RTHST books, in their original little red carboard boxes. I think I've got another one or two of them around as well, someplace.

Are they worth anymore (on eBay) than the regular-bound ones? Seems like it's the content that drives the price more than anything else (isn't that a sad thought?).

Ya know George ...with the price of tp being what it is today.....I imagine placing a copy in by the potty would be about the most effecacious means of utilizing those books... just think of the ultimate satisfaction with each page utilised ... knowing that at long last, you have finally found the function for which those works were ultimatly the most effective :-)