GreaseSpot Cafe

M&A and breaking up marriages: Deliberate infliction of emotional distress?

pjroberge

Wouldn't it be simpler to help them and keep them both?

It's like witnessing . . . Is it really to bring more people in?

You would think so, wouldn't you..

I think it is a case of an organization that grew too big for its "britches"..

once they had astronomical growth in the early and late seventies.. money for nuttin.. chicks for free and all..

they got bold enough to demand EVERYTHING.

ministry over spouse, "disobedient" children and even god almighty..

now they are a pathetic lot.. the only "entertainment" they seem to have is to have the lawyers pick off groups smaller than themselves..

as if they think the name of "da way* is somehow corrupted if another group unknowingly adopts it..

so.... pathetic.

a bunch of has beens with the determination of hitler..

sitting back.. reviewing reports from lawyers and such, choking down a few more pickled pigs feet and schnapps.. reminiscing the "good old days" of the fuhrer, ahem.. the mogdagreat..

sitting on a small hill of pilfered silver and gold..

so pathetic..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original thread topic:

I cannot see any purpose for the defamation of people that were forced to leave by M&A or chose to leave other than to deliberatly inflict emotional distress. The same for the practice of trying to break up marriages if one half wanted to leave TWI.

I can see no other reason or necessity for these actions except to try to damage people's emotional well being deliberatly as a sort of sick revenge.

Can anyone think of any legitimate reason for the way people were treated?

Any other thoughts about this?

There has been talk in other threads about the seeds for faulty doctrines having been sown in PFAL. And the seed for this doctrine was also sown there. "No friends when it comes to the Word." And later (though not in PFAL) pointing to the gospels where it talks about opposition between family members (eg Mt 10:35; Lk 12.53). As if people are discardable - family in particular.

You'd think a genuinely Christian ministry would work hard with both individuals to help them reconcile differences - pointing out (lovingly) how either or both could improve. Instead of which, we got arrogant bossiness saying men should lord it over their wives, and women (whether wives or not) should submit to any male in "authority" - whether the man was right or wrong - because God spoke to the man and how did you (a mere woman) know he wasn't acting by revelation?

So yes - it was deliberate, to get rid of anyone who didn't "submit" (male or female) to their doctrines. Culling the strong, you might say.

Edited by Twinky

You would think so, wouldn't you..

I think it is a case of an organization that grew too big for its "britches"..

once they had astronomical growth in the early and late seventies.. money for nuttin.. chicks for free and all..

they got bold enough to demand EVERYTHING.

ministry over spouse, "disobedient" children and even god almighty..

now they are a pathetic lot.. the only "entertainment" they seem to have is to have the lawyers pick off groups smaller than themselves..

. ..

As far as I understand . . . vpw built twi by stealing other ministries . . . did it really ever grow by its own steam? Hacking away at itself seems to be the most consistent thing about twi.

Very profound.

I had never thought of it quite that way before.

Being strong, in The Way, was seen as a weakness.

So very true. As a woman who made more than a few attempts to buck against their system of who a good little wife should be, my strengths rubbed them the wrong way, no doubt 1000%.

Caused my husband no end of grief too.

I was one of those wives who kept "going out from under the umbrella of protection" that was my husband, my head, the family. I had a voice, I had a funtioning brain, ideas, I was educated, I was skilled.

Problem!

That was used when he died too; had I been better this or that or 197 other things, he'd still be alive.

Very deliberate infliction of emotional distress that continues even to this day in every aspect of what is called life as I look at our children, as I won't stop being a strong woman, as I still buck against the caste system I keep hearing so much about. Some of us aren't meant to march a specific way.

Reality bites

Heh..

and they've driven off most of the people who had some reasonable amount of intelligence..

they don't get it.. every time they sick the lawyers on some little group with the word "way" in their name.. its just one more self inflicted wound..

I think they have as much common sense as a raccoon still stuck in a trap, after chewing three legs off..

So very true. As a woman who made more than a few attempts to buck against their system of who a good little wife should be, my strengths rubbed them the wrong way, no doubt 1000%.

Caused my husband no end of grief too.

I was one of those wives who kept "going out from under the umbrella of protection" that was my husband, my head, the family. I had a voice, I had a funtioning brain, ideas, I was educated, I was skilled.

Problem!

That was used when he died too; had I been better this or that or 197 other things, he'd still be alive.

Very deliberate infliction of emotional distress that continues even to this day in every aspect of what is called life as I look at our children, as I won't stop being a strong woman, as I still buck against the caste system I keep hearing so much about. Some of us aren't meant to march a specific way.

Reality bites

Amen to the strong part,the way wanted disfunctional people,they could control them better.

I dunno..

did they break up your marriage?

I'm not asking in an accusative manner friend..

What they did for me..

the then nazi whore corps..

she would work over my ex.. and when I was around, they treated us like gold..

why was this..

we were the best of friends.. that is, the ex and I..

I was an at least half-hippie.. she was a redneck..

but we weere friends..

I think the bible has something to say about separator of friends..

I wish I could wash the blood from their doorstep..

did they break up my marriage?

Yes.

Well.. I suppose I should be honest..

I was too trusting..

technically, I look at the whole scenario in hindsight.. and it was 100 percent my fault..

I didn't know it at the time..

What do we do now.. I dunno..

:)

It just seems to me.. a gawd-damed religion would have a few answers?

sowie.. I find myself using these kind of vulagarieties lately..

do they have any idea of what they did to the families involved..

at this point.. I let go of it.. they (da way(?)).. can have it.. blood and all..

I did the best I could in the circumstances..

even if I was an ignoramus..

at this point.. I let go of it.. they (da way(?)).. can have it.. blood and all..

I doubt if those who remain in (and are sold out) have any idea. Those that are not still there - some of them do. I had one butt-in-ski come up to me after we were all out and apologize for the level of interference. At the time, interfering just seemed like the right thing to do.

There may have been some who deliberately inflicted emotional distress because they could, but for the most part I didn't see that. What I saw was a fair amount of emotional distress laid on people who who were being pressured (from higher ups) to interfere when they didn't believe it was warranted.

I believe it wa VP that got the whole ball rolling not only with Doctrine that was built into the class but with the way HE treated those closest to him.

HE certainly had his hand in the mix for the Martindales. Butting in dictating their lives and how he treated any one who questioned his teachings even when they brought proof from the bible.

Even in the early 80's before Martindale took the reins VP would blast some one.. and expected his "Kids" to stick with the ministry over their spouse.

The Way International did not help any one. Their whole intenet was to get our money. None of the money was used to help a believer introuble. Not only that but Weirwille looked down on Churches and Religions who did have programs to help people.

Martindale mimicked Weirwille and the Corps mimicked both of them.

They may not have called it Mark and Avoid in the early 80's but that is what it was you were told they had a devil spirit and you should avoid them and thier spouse who left with them had a devil spirit too because they left the Ministry to stay with their spouse.

People were encouraged to split rather than stay with the person they loved. How dare they leave the One true Ministry.

Edited by leafytwiglet

H3ll yes their tactics of M&A, "probation", and their elite spiritual caste system inflict deliberate emotional distress. You never find out who your true friends really are until you leave.

I won't curse them myself on earth, but will leave it to my Father who said "vengeance is mine, I will repay". And I hope I can have a ringside seat at the judgements when that happens.

Of course I've heard several leaders teach false doctrines about that - that nobobdy will have to answer for their sins at the bema, they'll only be rewarded. They can live in their self-created delusional world where they move on and wipe saints blood off their hands and try to make themselves feel better.

But it doesn't fool God.

If I cursed everything/ everybody that caused me pain or suffering in my life, I wouldn't have time to die. dry.gif

I didn't say everything/everybody . . .

I hate them cause they hated me first. TWI 3:16 . . .

Someone said: The Way International did not help any one.

I beg to differ. It helped me. I've been out since 1996, but I cannot and would not deny that it helped me, despite all its founder's and other leadership's shortcomings and sins. I don't mean to excuse any of that, and they WILL be accountable for them. David had sex with Bathsheba and had her husband, Uriah, killed, and yet he went on to receive revelation recorded in the Psalms, as well as being "a man after God's own heart." This was while he was a believer .. .and yes, he paid the price even in this life for that sin because of the death of his son ... so there will be consequences to pay, but I don't think in my case and many others that it would be accurate to say the Way International did not help anyone ...

Someone said: The Way International did not help any one.

I beg to differ. It helped me. I've been out since 1996, but I cannot and would not deny that it helped me, despite all its founder's and other leadership's shortcomings and sins. I don't mean to excuse any of that, and they WILL be accountable for them. David had sex with Bathsheba and had her husband, Uriah, killed, and yet he went on to receive revelation recorded in the Psalms, as well as being "a man after God's own heart." This was while he was a believer .. .and yes, he paid the price even in this life for that sin because of the death of his son ... so there will be consequences to pay, but I don't think in my case and many others that it would be accurate to say the Way International did not help anyone ...

John 14:13&14 "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my [Jesus Christ's] name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it."

Jesus Christ helped people. Wierwille just stole the credit.

Love,

Steve

Ido not think ignoramus is the word,I would say,nieve would better fit,Those people will see the "results"

here or later.Ham,everyone was fair game,They(leaders)?enjoyed being as@es it gave them a rush.