GreaseSpot Cafe

It's all about CONTROL

skyrider

Days pass into weeks, and weeks into months, and months into years.......and yet, "business as usual" seems to be twi's unyeilding mode of operation.

For example, the lastest episode of twi's m.o. was the St. Marys funeral service for Mrs. Wierwille. As I understand it, the wierwille kids made every effort to graciously accommodate all who desired to attend this memorial...... and yet, WHO SHOWED UP FROM HQ STAFFERS? Wanda? Ralph? Laurie? Bob Ed? Rhoda? Mal & Jan? Others?

Maybe some relatives and loved ones came to the St. Marys funeral service to comfort and bless the wierwille kids..... but I haven't heard of any. IF NO HQ STAFFER came to this memorial service, and will ONLY ATTEND a TWI-sanctioned memorial service...then their actions speak louder than any words could say.

It's all about CONTROL.

How simple and loving it would have been for some 50 staffers to attend this St. Marys memorial service and show the respect due to the wierwille children. If twi is "kinder, gentler" these days......then THIS would have been a wonderful moment to cross over this threshold. But if it's a case of overtly promulgating their mark&avoid stigma, then the message was received loud and clear. Twi is a loser outfit.

Twi can only exist.....when it holds CONTROL.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, skyrider...

...it's all about control...I've always thought that when someone passes away, it's up to each individual to decide within themselves, whether attending the funeral would be appropriate or not...it's a matter of personal conscience, of showing respect, of doing the right thing...

...the fact that twiers are TOLD whether to attend or not, speaks loudly. Another example of what happens to a person when they are swept away by group think...and the irony of it all is that twi claims to teach people that they are "sons of God" with the ability to communicate directly with God in their own personal relationship! Yeah right...that's why the average twier doesn't have a thought they can call their own, nor are they "allowed" to come to their own conclusions and make their own decisions...what a way to live! "Power for abundant living"?...more like "Weakness for a defeated life"...pathetic.

Now granted, I can understand why twi would want to do a special recognition service to honor the life of Mrs. Wierwille. As a matter of protocol and such, it would be the proper thing to do on a sunday service to eulogize the life of this wonderful woman and wife of the founding president.

BUT......to cold-shoulder the wierwille family funeral service in St. Marys, now that is quite a different situation.

And, to further dictate to the innies that any attendance by way folk to this funeral was NOT acceptable adds even darker resolve.

Once more, twi cannot change their spots......or their ways of darkness, because the powers-that-be lust for CONTROL.

Most "innies" only know what HQ and leadership tell them.

They were told only of the HQ recognition.( I know this because when I told family members, their FC had no other info, and wanted to know where they got their info!)

Most did not know of anything else, so I assume that goes for most staffers.

Many still don't even know how to use the internet, and "are scared to". (FACT)

But we all know who "knows" about the real services that were held for Mrs. W.

They should have been there and announced it, at least to HQ staff.

Looks like selfishness, ego, pride......hence , control.

God Forbid any of them give JP any respect, I think that had a lot to do with it.

NO GRACE in TWI. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Bliss, your post just shows how much control they really do exert over their flock. Most TWIts at HQ live in the dorm or the sub-standard housing, right? They most likely don't watch the news and they probably never read the newspaper. They wouldn't be allowed to include a subscription in their "needs basis" living salary request, would they?

The only news those on staff get is what rosie and friends seem to think they need to know.

Their behavior just confirms to the surrounding communities that they are as evil, corrupt and cold-hearted as always. No wonder they never have "new people" at hq. I'd love to see the community throw loads and loads of bags of feces on their sacred grounds, following tradition as so nicely explained by HCW on another thread.

quote:
Most did not know of anything else, so I assume that goes for most staffers.

Many still don't even know how to use the internet, and "are scared to". (FACT)

I am sure that the family would have put Mrs. Wierwille's obituary in the newspaper. Living in such a small community, I am sure most people knew about Mrs. W's passing and her funeral time and place.

There are no excuses to not knowing about this event. (except if like Belle said...you are a TWIT head...and live with your head in the sand). The ones I don't excuse are people like those names that Skyrider mentioned in his first post. THEY KNEW!!! mad.gif

Groucho,

quote:
After disrespecting the living...why would we expect them to treat the dead any differently?

You speak great truth, sadly. icon_frown.gif:(-->

I give the HQ Staff more credit than that. I don't know about the Wierwille Family at HQ. Obviously they think that TWI's memorial will be enough for them....sad!

Staff at HQ were buying newspapers like crazy at the grocery stores when the LCM fiasco happened. I know they wanted to know more than they were being told. I'm sure some of them were looking at waydale back then too.

Too bad they don't "get it" enough to realize how crappy their cult is.

Rhoda was there Friday night and Ruben was there for the funeral on Saturday.ps, It must have been the funeral director or else Bob Ed, since that face looked liked a Wierwille male. Shudder!

Edited by thomasloybumgarner

What's worse, is that TWI only acknowledged Mrs. W's death and funeral on thier website "AFTER" it appeared on the GSC website forums.

If TWI had any concern for Mrs. W., they would have been the first to announce that they were going to have a memorial service and possibly had someone to offer condolences to the family. BUT, it only goes to show that they only said anything after the fact, and that they know that some of the rank-in-file members do happen to read the GSC forums and would have wondered why "THEY" (the leadership) wouldn't have had anything on the website or passed it along 'in house' about her passing. especially for the people still in that knew Mrs. W.

But when has TWI really been interested in any of us that they have cast out of "The Household"????

I would have been the first one to have at least passed on the information to the different areas instead of as an afterthought and then only it was posted by the people who really loved and respected her life.

Here is another way of looking at this......when thinking about the wierwille children (JP, Sara and others)

Wanda.....is their sister-in-law

Ralph, Laurie...... nephew, niece

Rhoda.....is their aunt

Family and extended family come TOGETHER in times of joy and sorrow..... to bless, strengthen and comfort one another. That's what FAMILIES do.

And, then there are the wierwille grandchildren that came to this funeral for their grandmother..... Mrs. Wierwille. On a sorrowful day such as this, and relatives seven miles away DIDN'T BOTHER to make the drive over.

Pathetically sad, really.

Speaking as one who had many family and friends not attend her mother's memorial for a variety of reasons

--for once I'm going to play devil's advocate here

Funerals/memorials are for the living to say goodbye to the dead, to share grief with, to share memories with.

I personally hate them--went to many in my childhood-avoid them-except when I absolutely can't-- as an adult

Whatever the relationship between the "ins" and the "outs" in the Wierwille family --it's still their fmaily and their business how they choose to handle their own grief.

None of us know how these people fell inside.

None of us know if cards, visits, phone calls were made between themselves, much less the sentiments conveyed.

It is not a requirement that they show up to please the rest of us-- They are the ones who have lost family.

I think we need to cut some slack here least we be perceived as being as cold-hearted as we are accusing them of being.

And one more point....

Attending the visitation is one thing, but to attend a funeral AND LUNCHEON afterwards is much more UP CLOSE AND PERSONABLE.

The luncheon is a catalyst for fellowship and re-connecting with friends and family alike. It's an invitation to "stick around and stay awhile." Those who've traveled hundreds or thousands of miles to the funeral are most appreciative having not seen loved ones for, possibly, many years.

To shun such an opportunity of love and fellowship.....when only living SEVEN MILES AWAY..... is unconscionable.

Nice try Temple Lady. And I am sure you have good thoughts and are a good person. But if you were in TWI 2 to see the VICIOUS disregard for good human beings and their lives you would understand that this is probably not the case.

We know of a grown daughter in TWI who did not attend her own Daddy's funeral or visit him in the hospital because he was no longer in the Way and she was. Furthermore, he was a good man who had raised her with love and care. He left her a note on his death bed saying he understood. Later when she left the Way she was heartbroken that she had such a cult-like mentality.

No, this goes deep into the depths of hatefulness and viciousness towards good people in my opinion. It is EXACTLY as Skyrider describes it.

To use one of their own phrases, some of us "know that we know, that we know."

quote:
i think rhoda (unusual name, to me) did attend

And, what a blessing her presence must have been to the wierwille children and grandchildren.

While some cower to twi's agendas of mark/avoid and slanderous posturing.......others, like Rhoda, take the high road and walk the Christian walk.