GreaseSpot Cafe

Hills Bro

Hubby LOVES that show. It definitely started off with a huge BANG!

I tried to catch up by watching all of the seasons, but it took too much time. I did watch last night, and I will probably watch it tonight also. Hubby won't be able to watch tonight because he has a band recording. He's real thankful for the DVR. :)

I can't watch week to week, so I insist on buying the DVD sets when they come out. Season 4 was preposterous. I loved EVERY SECOND of it.

Ever notice that in the bottom of every hour, something truly momentous happens, but nothing notable happens in the first two minutes of every hour? Convenient, eh? No one gets shot at exactly 8:00. It's always 7:59:50

Well. I just gotta say: Me, da Wife, and all of my kids just LOVE "24". We caught up on all of the seasons, and now are not happy with watching the "up to date" episodes that "actually have commercials", and after tonight is over, the idea of waiting for an entire week, sounds almost unbearable! But, we'll endure, for, it is an excellent drama series.

I like Jack Bauer's approach. Very politically incorrect, and, and totally necessary when it comes to doing what really has to be done to stop these piece of s h i t terrorists. We as Americans need to deal with any infiltrators as ENEMIES and get whatever info we can from them by way of whatever means we can to get the info from them. If it means shooting them in the knee cap, so be it. Fuggem! The pieces of crap would rejoice to see your "infidel" five year old daughter tortured, or simply blown to bits in a bombing. And, and as Dr. Milfee from the Sopranos would ask; "And how would you feel about that?" Yeah, no doubt it would destroy your life!

And so, I like "24". It surprises me that the media allows the show to go on. But personally, the only reason that I can see that the series is going on is the fact that most Americans are in agreement with the sentiment that "We need to do what we gotta do" to beat these sick, perverted, raghead insanists!

Mstar, the "24" link was hysterical. Thanks!

I never watched "24" until Season One came out on DVD: I had to get the rest and now I'm hooked. Have to say I wasn't unhappy when Sherry finally bought it: what a lame b***. I'm like Jonny: I've resorted to watching this season and HATE the commercials and having to wait.

For those who have the DVD: did you notice that the spolier for this season is completely different from what's aired? They must have dumped it and started over, or did it just to screw with our heads.

And all the interoffice political bs: I can totally relate.

Hills bro

We also get 24 here in the UK, they are showing the 4th series right now.

But myself and my son went halves each last october and bought the 4th series as soon

as it came out on DVD.

I cant stand waiting, as it always ends on a crucial moment, and leaves you guessing.

It is a awesome show, and have really great actors, i dont think any of them play a bad part.

Wont let you know what happens that would be cruel, but all the other 3 series were great also.

Well worth collecting them.

I also enjoy CSI....... crime scene investigation, not as good as 24 but still very enjoyable.

I loved the first two shows, but wasn't able to watch it. My boss has all the seasons on DVD and is going to loan them to me. I'm a CSI (the Original), Alias and Survivor junkie too.

I'm going to miss Alias, but will continue to tape and watch CSI and Survivor!

DMiller, LOVE the link!!! :)

ok dumb question

what is the show you are talking about?

i don't watch much tv even though i have a satalite dish

it sounds interesting

Chef. It is on Fox if you get your local stations. I am not sure of the time of the next show. Someone will know. You maybe a little lost since they showed the first 4 hours out of the 24 but you will catch on to the story.

24 is a series that takes place in real time. Each season is 24 episodes, and each episode takes place in one hour. That means from the beginning of the first episode until the end of the last, exactly one day has passed.

It's about a counterterrorism agent named Jack Bauer, played by Keifer Sutherland, who always has to get to the bottom of some terrorist plot before something catastrophic happens (and sometimes after something catastrophic happens).

No, he does not sleep during this time. Nor does he seem to eat or ever have to use the bathroom. Well, if he does, they don't show it. :)

Each episode ends on a damn good cliffhanger, and three out of the previous four SEASONS ended on a cliffhanger as well.

Just to be even clearer: the title of the show is "24." Every hour of the show is an hour in "real time," so every season (24 shouws) makes up one day. There is always some terrorist threat, and a lot of evil infiltrators in the government.

For those of you who can't stand the commercials, just tape the show! You can fast-forward through the commercials.

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Each episode ends on a damn good cliffhanger, and three out of the previous four SEASONS ended on a cliffhanger as well.
That reminds me of "Back to the Future II" where the movie ended with the text message ... "To Be Continued" :asdf: Paying customers were throwing their refreshments in anger LOL

Been diehards since Season 1

Love that "Samwise Gamchie" is on now..................what a hoot.

Let see who he fires!

Loved Prison Break too, it will be back!

This is all the TV we watch, and hate when the season ends :(

Raf, great explanation of the series. I notice the edge of your chair cliffhanger type stuff happens just as it goes to commercial. Kinda like a great college basketball game that keeps going to extra overtime periods right as the final buzzer sounds.

________

Quote..."No, he does not sleep during this time. Nor does he seem to eat or ever have to use the bathroom. Well, if he does, they don't show it. "

________

Nor do I. I just hold it. :biglaugh::biglaugh: in fact if it was on for 24 hours straight..I don't think I'd hit the can either. :biglaugh:

"Samwise Gamchie" Isn't he RUDY the HOBBIT? :wave:

Edited by Hills Bro

No, he does not sleep during this time. Nor does he seem to eat or ever have to use the bathroom. Well, if he does, they don't show it. :)

Just remember the clock keeps ticking thru the commercials. He has time to whiz. Who has time to eat or sleep when he is going through that. I would sort of feel cheated if I had to watch him sit and eat liver sandwhich. :blink: