GreaseSpot Cafe

getting nasty around here

sprawled out

anyone else noticed how contentious it's become on GSC? i haven't been around that long, and i'm not as involved as some, but it seems to me that there's been a marked increase in sniping, angry back-and-forths, even personal attacks. in the short time i've been around, the tone seems to have really changed.

it kinda sucks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else noticed how contentious it's become on GSC? i haven't been around that long, and i'm not as involved as some, but it seems to me that there's been a marked increase in sniping, angry back-and-forths, even personal attacks. in the short time i've been around, the tone seems to have really changed.

it kinda sucks.

It does suck.

And periodically, GSC has these nasty, petty little squabbles.

However, we get past them and move on.

Sometimes the staff has to play "parent" before it does, but eventually it passes.

You CAN do something about it, if you have the patience and time to rise above the pettiness. Show us "how it's done." But some people are very very hurt, and that's not surprising. A little forbearance and understanding and empathy can help, there too. There is a "decaffinated" forum for those who find some of the other threads too "agressive." I've never peeked in there. I like to deal with substantive issues, though I sometimes get my own feelings hurt.

Not really an answer for you. I guess I'd agree that it can be nasty, and when it does, it "sucks." I guess each of us will stick around until we move on!

BTW, your avatar has sometimes got me confusing you with Socks. What would you think about finding another one? The fighting image doesn't do much for the subject of this thread, come to think of it! edit: it looks like you're throwing punches, but maybe it's just "yippee! I'm out of the Way!" Not sure. Anyway, from another newbie, welcome!

Edited by anotherDan

it kinda sucks.

Not to me. I love it. Helps to keep the thread counts up. ;)

Let Me Guess...? Middle aged Ex-Way Cultists, The Bible, God, Jesus, The Holy Ghost, The Way, Quoting Scripture To Make Your Point, All those years of futility climbing up the slippery pole of a religious business organization....

Maybe, claiming to have found the “truth” at the end of the day is a little more contentious than when the journey began? <_<

People here also tend to speak a bit more openly than they did in the cult they came from. It's an empowerment thing.

George

:biglaugh: My, oh my! It's a wonder so many of us were able to escape the brainwashing we all were subjected to while members of a brainwashing cult. Matter of fact -- it must have been a miracle! A mass-healing of the sort never before witnessed. Maybe that's why God led us to TWI -- so He could work a miracle the likes of which were never seen before and then we all would go out to the world and proclaim how God is still in the miracle business afterall. :)

...like i said.

but i wonder how much of it has to do with the limitations of the medium? perceptions are a funny thing--for example, i can't understand how anotherDan could think my dancing calvin looks like he's fighting. we bring a hefty set of filters to this place. (and every place!) maybe people aren't really being as nasty as i think.

nah--they are.

have a good weekend, all!

Just to create a little “more harmony in the home”, without squirrels or chipmunks singing in the background, let’s pull out our song books and sing one of our old time favorites, “I’ve found a friend in Jesus...”

Larry, you can lead the song, and then please choose the next number for all our guests who have left their song books at home! Please, no speaking in tongues during the song & Coffee & Cookies will be available after abundant sharing!

Sharks, can hummm along.... :dance:

Nasty? Now this LOOKS nasty, but some 27,000 people show up for what is likely the biggest food fight in the world..

300px-Tomatina.jpg

Too late this year Bumpy, but if you're in France next August.. Valencia is but a stones throw, or should I say a tomato's throw away..

:biglaugh:

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

Mr. Hammeroni,

"Nasty? Not me. I took a shower today. Besides, I'm cute, and cuddly wuddly. That is unless you withhold my ration of pecans."

So your love is conditional, eh? Withhold your nuts and you aren't so lovable, eh? Is that what you're saying? I THOUGHT so, dude! You're nothing but a nasty and vile, uh, rodent. That's right. You heard me correctly. All you're concerned about is your NUTS!! And I've got your number!! No wait.. that was last year's cell number before you switched to Horizon.

sudo (so sharp on these matters)

Geeze,

You're taking this all wrong. This thread was supposed to be about how nasty things are getting around here. I insult you. And what do you do? You come back being a nice guy.

sudo (thinking he ought to start dissing folks' mommas or something)

don't get me started about yo momma

--

and i don't think it's a fighting avatar

so there. wanna fight ?

oh i just saw anotherdan edited his dan post about the fighting

but still ! why should he change his avatar because you can't read !!!!! :evildenk:

i'm joking i'm joking

i'm not really a fighter

Nasty? Now this LOOKS nasty, but some 27,000 people show up for what is likely the biggest food fight in the world..

300px-Tomatina.jpg

Too late this year Bumpy, but if you're in France next August.. Valencia is but a stones throw, or should I say a tomato's throw away..

:biglaugh:

Looks like pizza sauce ... where is the pineapple?