GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas BBQ 2007

doojable

Wow - a great time with great folks! What a unique way to make new friends – join/leave a cult :biglaugh: ..... Ex10 and hubby are super-gracious indeed!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! The experiences of this weekend were precious at so many levels. (((((((Hugs to all :knuddel: )))))))

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great time to renew acquaintances and make new "old friends."

Special thanks to Ex10 and her hubby for putting up with us yet another year!

George

P.S. The Countess and I somehow escaped without saying goodbye to Dooj and Twinky. MWAH, ladies! Love you!

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Who looks the most like their avatar?

It was close between T-Bone and Don't Worry, but Don't Worry won hands down.

The group shot. People are lined up alphabetically by height

Could someone give us a run down on those lined up alphabetically by height in the group shot? I know some of the good lookers, but not all of 'em.... and y'all are ALL good lookers!

I am still in shock at how much DWBH looks like his avatar... :spy:

I'm not home yet..I got another day in Fort Worth, but I already am missing the folks and the fun. Our host and hostess were the epitome of gracious and their home is absolutely fabulous! My roomate was wonderful! The food was out of this world and I was in a continual state of near stuffed all weekend. Which is why in pics of me we go straight to the cropping of my rather full tummy!

I really didnt know what to expect (beyond the obvious BBQ part) Over the years since '95 I have carfully avoided any exwayfers in any context. But here I was immersed in a pot full of them! And I dont think that I have so thoroughly (throughly?) enjoyed myself in a long time. Thank you all for allowing me to join in your fun! And if y'all dont mind I'll come back for some more next year. Whats on the menu...venison stew?

thanks for letting us in on your fun !!!!!!!

perhaps next year you could join us? ...I was waiting your phone hookup on Saturday

yes... I would second (third?, fourth?, fifth?) the expression of thanks to ex10 and "her beloved"... such wonderful times for us all wouldn't have been possible without them... and I loved seeing the folks again from last year and meeting new ones from this year...

thanks for putting up with me! :biglaugh:

(and I won't claim responsibility for putting Fancy's kibble on the snack table... you have no proof!)

Could someone give us a run down on those lined up alphabetically by height in the group shot? I know some of the good lookers, but not all of 'em.... and y'all are ALL good lookers!

I am still in shock at how much DWBH looks like his avatar... :spy:

Dearest Belle, I don't know all of the names... perhaps ex10 could try... but I'm (kind of) in the front...

(and I won't claim responsibility for putting Fancy's kibble on the snack table... you have no proof!)

We pulled the security tape on Fancy at the food bowl: the cat is startled - turns around and says one word "strange"

post-1636-1194287279_thumb.jpg

post-1108-1194290526_thumb.jpg

some of the ladies that graced our presence...

OpenEyes,ex10,dooj,suda,twinky,chrispy

post-1108-1194290626_thumb.jpg

here's one for those of you with your crayons ready

Ah man!! I missed the Mojitos?? I got to get to a GSC event some time in my life.

that's true Notta! ...but make sure it's not just "any" GSC event... the Texas BBQ is "the" event!

Hey y'all. It was so good to meet up with you! As Eyes says, a convention of exTWI.

Well it wasn't, it was the Grease Spot Cafe live and in persons (and some of you just thought the Cafe was virtual on the internet only, huh?).

Many thanks, ex10 and hubby for being wonderful generous hosts and making such a great time "available" to everyone. Winking belts and all.

Back home, back at work, completely delighted at what a wonderful time we had at the BBQ! Thank you, Ex10 and hubby, for opening your gracious home to us. Your hospitality is truly "Texas style." The food was fantastic, the desserts (yea, Dooj!)unspeakably good, and the fellowship was pure love. "New old friends" indeed. At the beginning of the evening, I only knew very few from "back in the day." People were very welcoming and easy to talk to.

Thank you.

:eusa_clap:

Last year I think Mo (templelady) won the prize for longest distance traveled to attend... (we missed you mo but you were well thought of often)

This year the prize goes to Twinky who traveled all the way from the U.K. to visit with us... and (speaking for all of us) we're glad you did Twinky!

Maybe next year will bring even more folks??? ...it really is a fun and pleasant weekend.

Or even the second weekend in November.

So don't turn up too early...or the Halloween critter under the bed will get you.

Group Picture:

Foreground: Tom Strange.

In chair to left: NotInKansasAnymore’s daughter

Front Row: Fancy, Ex10's sister-in-law, T-Bone

Middle Row: TexasNurse’s friend, TexasNurse, Doojable, Tonto, Crispy, Rich (both of RichnCrispy fame), EyesOpen

Back Row: Ex10's brother, Ex10's Sweetie, NotInKansasAnymore, TexasNurse’s other daughter?, GeorgeStGeorge, Suda, Twinky, Pawtucket, Ex10, Ex10's daughter, Countess, Don’tWorryBeHappy

Corrections welcomed!

Suda

Edited by pawtucket

this was just such an absolutely terrific weekend.......just dunno what to say!!!......wonderful people, beautiful hearts and fabulous sharings from those hearts!!!.......ex 10 and hubby were most hospitable hosts.......hubby cooked so hard on saturday that he just plum tuckered himself out!!!......and talk about cooking.........dooj was outstanding!!!!!,.......best bracciole, lasagna and sauce i've had in years!!!!......she may be short but she sure can cook!!!!.......and strange totally lives up to his name.......really tough keepin' him away from the cat food........and the kitty litter!!!!....lol.................and meeting the folks there that i never really knew before was like coming home for thanksgiving dinner!!!!.......it was like i've known them forever!!!!!.......such talented, interesting and loving people!!!!!.........did'nt want anyone to leave!!!!!!

thanks to all who came and shared their lives with us!!!......it truly was a privilege and pleasure........................love, and....................peace!