GreaseSpot Cafe

Kristen Skedgell on TV

pawtucket

Kristen is going to be on TV this monday

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I'll be on national TV talking about my book, Losing the Way, this Monday (9/8) at 8:40 a.m. on "Fox and Friends" - the morning show on the FoxNews Network. So if you don't have anything better to do, tune in and be entertained..... and pray! (I'll be counting on all those good cosmic vibes.)

Hope this finds you all well.

peace,

kristen

Well! That should be interesting for WayGB.

In the spirit of fairness, I wonder if Fox will have anyone from TWI to present an alternative point of view/offer comment? Ric0 M@gnelli, for instance, as PR consultant? :biglaugh: Now that would be worth YouTubing.

Well! That should be interesting for WayGB.

In the spirit of fairness, I wonder if Fox will have anyone from TWI to present an alternative point of view/offer comment? Ric0 M@gnelli, for instance, as PR consultant? :biglaugh: Now that would be worth YouTubing.

If Fox was presenting a NEWS item about TWI, they probably would (I don't know enough about them to know with any degree of certainty). But since it's a BOOK promo, no such need for alternative view is necessary.

Anyone with a DVR can set it up to record it... which, since it will be on at 5:40 am, MST, I must do in order to catch it.

This from Kristen a few minutes ago

well friends,

It seems that Hurricanes Ike and Jospephine have upstaged me and bumped me off the air for tomorrow. But not to worry. Fox says they'll reschedule for later in the week. (Hopefully this isn't their nice way of saying "ta-ta.") So please keep those cosmic vibes coming!

Many thanks. I'll keep you posted.

I would like to be optimistc, but if they are bumping Kristen off for tomorrow for that reason, Ike is going to be bigger news later this week. I'd send Fox a note about it if I hadn't already sent them one yesterday; they should get my idea from that (if anyone there ever reads the note in the first place).

Anyway, thanks Kristen and Paw for letting us know, it is kind of a big operation at that time of morning right in the middle of getting our two remaining high schoolers ready, so at least this time I wont be trying to squeeze it in then discover it isn't on.

If Fox was presenting a NEWS item about TWI, they probably would (I don't know enough about them to know with any degree of certainty). But since it's a BOOK promo, no such need for alternative view is necessary.

It would still be the journalistically responsible thing to do.

It would still be the journalistically responsible thing to do.

Not necessarily. If the journalism is limited to "book review" they could easily handle it by just including a disclaimer such as "this is a controversial issue, opposing views may exist."

So did Fox News interview Kristen or not? Think Greta would have been a better choice. :unsure: :blink:

So did Fox News interview Kristen or not?

Evidently it hasn't been on yet, because I assume she or Paw would let us know here or on a new thread. I have written to Fox & Friends again ( friends@foxnews.com ) expressing my desire to see the interview. Dunno if anyone reads those or not, let alone takes them seriously, but my Spock logic tells me it shouldn't hurt to try. Of course, if by chance anyone does read and/or consider these notes, a bunch of people writing would be better.

So did Fox News interview Kristen or not? Think Greta would have been a better choice. :unsure: :blink:

I think that Greta Van Susteren would be the better choice for interviewers as well. She is so credible, so real,

and a truly involved interviewer.

I am not sure how these things are arranged but, perhaps if enough people e-mailed her with the

specific request to interview Kristen Skedgell and review her book she might get involved. If comments on the

book were includes and a copy of the book it might interest her.

She does her homework well and investigates a wide variety of sources. Maybe she would even visit GRSC to

add to the piece in some way!

On the Record section - FOXNews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/

On the Record - Gretawire column

http://www.foxnews.com/gretawire/

We want YOUR input! Tell us what you love, tell us what you hate ... just don't keep it to yourself! As a FOX Fan, you'll have a unique opportunity to make your voice heard and affect change at FNC. Below, you'll find a few ways to contact us. BUT, if you're more of a phone person, you can call us at 1-888-369-4762.

Ontherecord@foxnews.com email search is on their contact page under theis category:"We Love to Hear From Our Viewers!" Then just search for the show 'On The Record'

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77538,00.html

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Paw, did Fox News ever do the interview with Kristen? If so, when and can I log on to it? I did send Fox, my feelings about it, but have not heard from them. Suggested that Gretta, Bill, or Sean interview her. personally in political terms I am a moderate Democrat but do want to hear other points of view provided they are calm and reasonable.

Paw, did Fox News ever do the interview with Kristen?

Dunno here; I am guessing that Kris and/or Paw would let us know. For one thing, I don't know if they have done the interview and haven't shown it, or if it is a live thing. If the former, I would think that they would at least let Kristen know ahead of time, but I've never run a news network.

I think publicizing Kristen's account as much as possible is very important...as long as it is what she wants.

Not necessarily. If the journalism is limited to "book review" they could easily handle it by just including a disclaimer such as "this is a controversial issue, opposing views may exist."

or fox asked a TWI representative to be there, and they declined? but they'd make sure to say that in the interview.