GreaseSpot Cafe

Breaking news from TWI

Twinky

Breaking news from an Innie friend:

Great new announcement for followers of The Way:

The in-residence Way Corps had the privilege of taking a witnessing and undershepherding class taught by Rev Chavisty.

Now on the field, all foundational class grads can take it
free of charge

It is a 3 hour class with a break for lunch and 1 hour of witnessing.

In addition, there is a new class coming out next year, "The Renewed Mind, Your Key to Power."

Dress it up anyway you want, looks a way to get more people and more money.

Way disciple and Way Corps numbers are down. Faithful grads are not into witnessing, and lots of fellowships have seen no growth. Classes are hard to run, even though a small branch can run a class with only 3 new people and a medium-sized branch with only 5 new people. What a far cry from the minimum required 7 new people for PFAL - and a branch might run 2-3 classes a year!

With numbers falling and income drying up, what a great plan - give people a free taste of Way Corps training. No yelling or browbeating, just a free class to get people to go witness. And once they have taken the class, why would they not want to apply it every week?

• Upvote 2

...Even in twi's peak years, when Vic was on top of his game, very few people liked to go "witnessing"...Now, it must be akin to water boarding. Can you imagine?..."Would you like to join a ministry that's led by a boring bulldyke?"...For the life of me, I can't imagine why anyone stays in twi...a cult without a charismatic leader?...Isn't that like trying to eat a hamburger without any meat in the bun?

...Even in twi's peak years, when Vic was on top of his game, very few people liked to go "witnessing"...Now, it must be akin to water boarding. Can you imagine?..."Would you like to join a ministry that's led by a boring bulldyke?"...For the life of me, I can't imagine why anyone stays in twi...a cult without a charismatic leader?...Isn't that like trying to eat a hamburger without any meat in the bun?

They stay because of new attempts like this one to try to refresh an old concept--give them something--anything--to keep them from engaging real life. It's only repackaged crap like this and the fear of leaving the only social support network thet know that tethers them to this dead horse.

And so once again-----Why do they keep PFAL in mothballs?

Witnessing and Undershepharding

page 2

"The basic reason we witness is to help people into the classes on Power For Abundant Living and help them walk on it."

Edited by waysider

The Renewed Mind

page 14

"Recognize that weakness, sickness, suffering and death come from Satan. Thoughts in the mind produce-----80% of all diseases; ulcers, constipation, diarrhea, high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, coronary thrombosis, headaches, diabetes, allergies, skin diseases, etc."

So, are they claiming their class on altering one's thinking offers a method that can remedy these ailments? I think there are laws that govern the health claims you make about a product.

I'm thinking of going back, doing my penitence, just to take this class!

Think about it! The ability to talk people into taking a class!

Doesn't that just excite you?

I can barely contain myself....

'm thinking of going back, doing my penitence, just to take this class!

Think about it! The ability to talk people into taking a class!

Doesn't that just excite you?

I can barely contain myself....

O yea sign me right up <_<

I have to admit it is a great scam--I should run a class to have an army of salesman sell my junk for me--and not only that but pay me to do it :biglaugh:

The Renewed Mind

page 14

"Recognize that weakness, sickness, suffering and death come from Satan. Thoughts in the mind produce-----80% of all diseases; ulcers, constipation, diarrhea, high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, coronary thrombosis, headaches, diabetes, allergies, skin diseases, etc."

So, are they claiming their class on altering one's thinking offers a method that can remedy these ailments? I think there are laws that govern the health claims you make about a product.

Eighty percent, eh? Wonder where they come up with that statistic. They never say, they just make the claim. No scientific backup, no footnotes, just make the claim big enough, loud enough, long enough, people will believe you.

• Upvote 1

No scientific backup, no footnotes, just make the claim big enough, loud enough, long enough, people will believe you.

i hate to pull up Godwins Law but that strategy IS directly from the Third Reich.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it"

Joseph Goebbels

• Upvote 1

as long as the stank and file can sit around pretending they are the light of the earth and they can look down on everyone else, judging our every decision, they will keep doing it.

• Upvote 2

It is a 3 hour class with a break for lunch and 1 hour of witnessing

Frankly, I am surprised (knowing how they like to spin things out) that it is only three hours.

BUT - it does include an hour of witnessing!!! (oh joy!)

If you don't bring anybody back to fellowship afterwards, have you "failed" the class and have to re-sit until you do bring someone new?

This got me thinking so here it goes,

For what it is worth here is my opinion. I agree with what Twinky wrote about the lack of enthusiasm for way-bots to actually want to witness.

Here is what I have seen in the last 10-15 years.

This is my opinion of what I have seen and expiernced.

Rewind time back to mid 1990’s, P.F.A.L. is going the way of the dinosaur and we have a new hope, a new class for the times. Captain Forehead is in full power. Look at him wrong or question anything and he yells, rants and spits for hours. New light declares there is a devil spirit behind every door and Sh!t can’t just happen because Sh!t happens, it’s because of weakness.. SO confront, confront , confront.

People cheer the madness of Captain Forehead and love is lost and replaced with fear. The constant diet of barf, I mean teachings give us an ever-changing doctrine to follow. The hoops we were jumping thru to find grace and favor in Gods eyes keep getting harder. Confrontation is expected on EVERY LEVEL. Everyone was required to open up there lives to leaders. Small infractions are made into mountains. People were hurt, marked and avoided.

People who just wanted the love of God, his word and fellowship with like-minded believers were tossed aside and their reputations were tarnished. Because any weakness was unacceptable. Captain Forehead was taking us to the promised land of the prevailing word, there would be causalities weakness and fear was not acceptable. The machine kept turning and people were chewed up and spit out. Friends for years turned against each all in the name of God. People who stood up to the madness and fought for truth were quickly shown the door. This example taught followers of the way to turn off their emotions and let there brothers and sisters in Christ be abused. After all, we were the chosen group of God and if they could not be meek to the NEW LIGHT and REVELATION Captain Forehead was getting directly from God. It was their loss, and at least it was not me called to that meeting where you had the privilege and honor to be yelled at and spit on for hours.

The new class that CONFRONTS the illogic of the world with the logic of the word rolls out.

People see the monster for what he is, a yelling screaming mad man.

No debt

Homo purge

Y2K conspiracy

Eve is a lesbian and if you don’t see it in the Word like I do just trust me.

His word is law

The Pope wants an aircraft carrier?

Everyone is seed

Everyone in the Way is safe from the devil (just not way corp. they will get you)

Weakness always brings down strength

Be an advanced class grad or your dirt

All is not well in way world. Lots of questions but no answers just way corp. in your life.

People afraid of everything, fear take over peoples lives. Things people are afraid of,

Getting yelled at

Missing a meeting

Not witnessing

No one new at fellowship

Debt

Any form of weakness

Asking a question or questiong any thing

A friend or spouse rating you out to leadership

There is no more cheering Captain Forehead only fear of him and his way-corp. Nazis.

There is no where to run and hide, you have tossed all your friends family and coworkers

Aside for the Way International and you have no support except the Way. The problem is the Way stole your life, freewill, heart, money, time and love has been replaced with fear.

Your life is filled with fellowships three times a week, one night to witness, a leaders meeting and my favorite the meeting where you or someone you love is confronted. The one day off is spent moving or cleaning or setting up something. Your ready to snap. You just want some time for you and the family, but your vacation has to be approved by leadership. You wonder how you got in this mess. What happened to the love? Where is God? How can I be so unworthy?

Why can I not have it together Like Captain Forehead or my way corp. leadership? Why was I called to this great household of God? Why am I not meek to change. Why do I do not believe big enough or give enough? This is what I am being told by leaders and every STS.

Then the unspeakable happens, Captain Forehead gets busted. The Fox is now in charge.

When they confirm her as Prez ,it is said in manifestations she is to be the healer of people’s hearts.

Don’t yell at me, I am just reporting facts.

Fellowships are cut back to twice a week and people are encouraged to get involved in their communities. Way corp. are told that they are to serve the people not be served. The burden of all your time being consumed by the way is gone.

People can take a breath. Rules are still there but, your not getting smacked as hard or as often.

The evil is still there but not publicly enforced. The Way goes in to self-preservation mode. Captain Forehead is gone and instead of a taskmaster, we have an old witch. She is evil but wants to keep people around so she can live off the ABS. She realized LCM was a paranoid freak who thought everyone was out to get him and just about killed the cash cow.

Love is still not there but at least people are not getting there a$$ kicked everyday.

Freedom is still not there but at least people feel like they have some.

The hippie days are gone and people are so brain washed on VP kool-aid. No other doctrine

fits their beliefs so they must stay. 10- 20 -30-40 year service awards for faithfulness are handed out.

Life was so bad at one time in the Way, but we as a household made it. People are happy to stay because it’s different now. People are content playing church. Because they fit in nowhere else. Backbiting and tattle telling is over and brainwashed people stick to gather again

Fast forward, a few years and people chose to remeberthe past but will not speak of it.

The internet has pages devoted to all the dirty little secrets about The Way. People have stayed In the way but have doubts and fears. Trust is an issue with leadership. Since life is not so bad anymore with a taskmaster, they get lulled to sleep again. They know its far from perfect like the good old VP days but hey its there little cult, I mean household. Witnessing is definitely out in most older grads minds. They have been thru hell and back and are embarrassed to bring people to fellowship. Everyone knows what is on the internet about the Way, and if a new person finds it and wants to talk about it, what defense do they have? None. They will be exposed as the village idiot for staying with the wacky cult for so long.

Therefore, you see the old witch has to drum up something new to keep the money rolling in.

Numbers are down, people leave, kids grow up and run like hell.

This is my take on things an I am sorry its so long.

Copenhagen

• Upvote 2

This got me thinking so here it goes,

For what it is worth here is my opinion. I agree with what Twinky wrote about the lack of enthusiasm for way-bots to actually want to witness.

<snip>

Therefore, you see the old witch has to drum up something new to keep the money rolling in.

Numbers are down, people leave, kids grow up and run like hell.

This is my take on things an I am sorry its so long.

Copenhagen

You just described over 15 years of my life. Thank goodness I found GSC and got out. If it weren't for everyone here, I might still be trapped there.

JT

• Upvote 1

All is not well in way world. Lots of questions but no answers just way corp. in your life.

People afraid of everything, fear take over peoples lives. Things people are afraid of,

Getting yelled at

Missing a meeting

Not witnessing

No one new at fellowship

Debt

Any form of weakness

Asking a question or questiong any thing

A friend or spouse ratting you out to leadership

There is no more cheering Captain Forehead only fear of him and his way-corp. Nazis.

There is no where to run and hide, you have tossed all your friends family and coworkers

Aside for the Way International and you have no support except the Way. The problem is the Way stole your life, freewill, heart, money, time and love has been replaced with fear.

Your life is filled with fellowships three times a week, one night to witness, a leaders meeting and my favorite the meeting where you or someone you love is confronted. The one day off is spent moving or cleaning or setting up something. Your ready to snap. You just want some time for you and the family, but your vacation has to be approved by leadership. You wonder how you got in this mess. What happened to the love? Where is God? How can I be so unworthy?

Why can I not have it together Like Captain Forehead or my way corp. leadership? Why was I called to this great household of God? Why am I not meek to change. Why do I do not believe big enough or give enough? This is what I am being told by leaders and every STS.

JT, my life too.

Fearless when I went in, full of fear when I came out. Ultimately because of the spying, talebearing, confrontation over just about anything and everything ... fear really set in. You truly do your best, and you get stamped on. When you've given up everything for TWI (career, friends, family, you name it), to be told you are not good enough, you will be kicked out...does rather instil fear. Well, that's a WC perspective, from one who still had a brain when entering.

(I could say more, but I'm just getting overheated :realmad: )

I guess really, Copenhagen, your post belongs on a parallel thread.

Anyway, if this bringing of the New Light of f.e.a.r. is what the W&U class is going to be about - can't see it being that successful.

what I wonder.. why do they even bother..

maybe its like the sowers experience..

they have a rather *few* long term wayfers or staffers or rejects kids..

the *interesting* part.. they would have my kids as well, if they possibly could. They would roll out the red carpet, if there was the remote possibility they'd be involved again.

*They* would welcome them with open arms, as long as the old timers (parent) didn't have any input anymore.

Actually, they did roll out the red carpet. And my one kid asked what to expect. I said.. they will treat you like ROYALTY.. for a while. Then come the thumbscrews later..

:biglaugh:

they would re-enact a "twig" from 1974, if that is what it took..

friggin morons..

too late. The kids are looking at problems infinitely more difficult, than your little religion seems to be able to handle. And .. they know it..

Hmm. Hey.. you staffers and such.. you might just find your kids in the same position.. what do you think..

Maybe I'll find a few in math 101.. who knows..

:biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

Eighty percent, eh? Wonder where they come up with that statistic. They never say, they just make the claim. No scientific backup, no footnotes, just make the claim big enough, loud enough, long enough, people will believe you.

It goes right along with what my statistics teacher used to say consistently as a joke - "did you know 80% of all statistics are made up on the fly?"

If they are an old grad and still there, do you think they do a lot of critical thinking? I mean, really? At this point, they've learned how to justify any BS thrown their way. They change beliefs like their underwear. And yet never say anything has changed. Oh, they may admit that they've gotten "deeper understanding" but will never admit they were wrong. This class will be more of the same. Completely obedient servants running off the next cliff. Nothing new under the sun.

If it's only a three hour class, do they need to do all of this work? I remember when our LC would just have the twig coordinators to his/her house and just spend an hour or three with a Bible open.

JT