GreaseSpot Cafe

Phoenix Rising

waysider

o no---a buzzard!

A phoenix is a mythical bird that is a fire spirit with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends). It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. The new phoenix is destined to live as long as its old self

Well there is no doubt that the "old bird" certainly crashed and burned...I wonder what these keeds that are undoubtable just soooooo blessedright now will be thinking when the life cycle crashes and burns again ..and they find themselves well prepared for life with no jobs BUT very good hitchhiking skills....

Looks like they are also building a new barn--do "the students" know that the phoenix is a predator?

Well there is no doubt that the "old bird" certainly crashed and burned...

Yup-----while we've been sifting through the rubble and ashes in New Knoxville, the phoenix has risen and migrated south to an enchanted land called Mississippi. The Way is not dead. It has simply changed its name and relocated.

the phoenix has risen and migrated south to an enchanted land called Mississippi.

Hey Waits a minute----I thought New Mexico was the "Land Of Enchantment", at least the license plates say so....

Mississippi, home of the Delta Blues and Robert Johnson "selling his soul to the devil" at the crossroads, has an abundance of curse, devil and selling the soul legends....more than any other place else Ive ever been...(check your blues tunes) Thats a little different than 'enchanted' and probably a little more fitting for what their doing.....

You better go sign up for their advance class right away waysider to keep this stuff straight! :P

Edited by mstar1

I'm just speechless... I don't know how you come across this stuff, but wow.

Actually, it was Ham who initially brought it to our attention.

HERE

This thread is just an update of the group's new directions.

(OK---They're actually "old light directions but new to this generation".)

You better go sign up for their advance class right away waysider to keep this stuff straight!

Would I have to do L.E.A.D.? I'm getting kinda long in the tooth for all that rock climbing and hitch hiking stuff.

Oh, shoot. There I go again, making a negative confession.

I looked at that site, the pics, video and thought... oh you poor kids...

Suckers - a new generation falling for the same old thing in a new package.

What makes young VP qualified to run anything? All he does is smile. Well, that's easy to do when you're the King. He's smiling all the way to the bank.

Victor Wierwille is a graduate of the University of West Florida, BS magna cum laude and graduate of Fellowlaborers, Christian Family Fellowship. He is currently president of S.O.W.E.R.S.

http://sowersonline.com/newsletter.aspx

I think this answers some previously unresolved questions regarding who is in charge.

Edited by waysider

I'm guessing they are too busy preparing a "spiritual adventure with rose colored glasses on",

to read here and see what can (and did) REALLY happen. Meebe their "believing' is greater now?

I hope so - - - for their sakes. "May the Force be with them" after they look at - - - - > > >

THE L.E.A.D ACCIDENT.

I guess if these folks did take the time to read the 39 pages of testimony there,

it would just be "old wine". There is nothing new under the sun.

Buena suerte.

It's like stepping back in time...

The five corps principals lifted word-for-word...

The rural setting, the happy victims, er... followers...

And (OMG!) the VP-sr voiceovers...

They look like they are having a good time... I just wonder if twenty years from now they are going to wonder why they wasted the prime of their life serving an egotistical, self-serving tyrant in the name of God, like so many of us did? --- It's all pretty darned sad when you think about it.

Al - LOL! Why that's VP's grandson, the puppet of JP, McMullen and J. Wilson - those old guys are really the ones calling the shots.

Looking at the photos of their day - OMG. Its like stepping back into a time warp - or better yet, a nightmare.

They have totally cloned the corps program.

We all smiled too when they took pics of us in-res doing our corps program like these kids are doing.

But you just want to shake these kids and say, listen to someone who's been there done that.

But, if they are as idealistic as we were - it would be mostly a waste of time.

I agree, Watered Garden ... if they plan to go rappeling or rappelling, they should learn how to spell it ... as for me, I plan to keep both feet walking on solid ground, so all I have to do is be able to spell "walking." I suggest they do they same ... but I imagine they are not listening ... :confused:

From video.....

There's as much learning in hitchhiking as there is in studying Genesis, because it's going to take a little believing. -- VPW

Really ???????????????

Is there as much learning in professional football as there is in studying Genesis....?

Is there as much learning in pheasant hunting as there is in studying Genesis.........?

Is there as much learning in rock climbing as there is in studying Genesis............?

The "law of believing" is on par with studying eternal truths??????

Ken Barton, 7th Corps, would undoubtedly still be alive today had he not gone hitchhiking to LEAD.

Around 30 years ago, L.E.A.D. was a mountain climbing program that took place in the Capitan Mountains in New Mexico. This past April the program was attempted again for the first time in 25 years as a part of a full time Christian leadership program. The S.O.W.E.R.S. walked the same mountains and climbed the same rocks and had some of the same instructors as those many people did those many years ago.

Reading this here makes it sounds like a pilgrimage to the Holy Land or something. ohmy.gifspy.gif

My initial reaction was the same as Sunesis'... I felt sorry for them. I wouldn't have listened to an old wizened head like mine when I was their age so I guess the only place they'll learn is exactly the place most of us learned... the School of Hard Knocks. I hear its even accredited now... at least as good as a degree from whatever that place was VPW obtained his "doctorate".

sudo