GreaseSpot Cafe

New possible site

TrustAndObey

Well, I really hate to GSC go.. Hated to see WayDale dissipate too. But for everything there is a season.

But knowing how much the 2 have changed mine and other's lives. And knowing that these sites have helped reveal some of the hidden secrets that ought to be known so people can be free, be healed, and move on with life.

I've decided if no one does start a site up soon, I'll go ahead and set one up so the other side of the story can be told and there will be a place other than just "cached" old web pages, that people can come and see that there is no kinder, gentler, Way as some are still fooled into thinking. There never was.

With that in mind.. What should it be called?! I figure it has to have a domain name that is available, simple, yet descriptive..

Any ideas??

My current searches on availability that came up as possibilities were...

Way2Deep.com

NoXWay.com

FogRemover.com

TheWayExposed.com

Anyone interested in helping get this off the ground, have an idea?

(Please search available domains first before posting..)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No Effing Way" comes to mind, but that might be too blatant.

"Adolph's" (place for ex-Wayers to hang out -- the actual place is closed, isn't it?)

"The FreeWay"

"Tithe THIS" (oops, blatant again)

:lol:

George

Actually, I think all of those are just great, but you're right, too blatant. Could we do "Greasespot After Hours"? Not very imaginative, but it would let those searching that it is a similar site.

I like GreaseSpot after hours

So far, GreaseSpot After Hours has a ring to it.

No matter what name is chosen, I strongly recommend a prominent placement to the name

"Greasespot" and possibly "WayDale".

That's because "Greasespot" already has built a reputation as being the big center for learning

about twi and telling "the other side of the story."

As long as that name is up, twi knows their main obstacle to recruiting new young folk is still

warning people away from them as fast as twi can try to deceive them.

Plus, the people looking for information already have heard of "Greasespot" already. If they see

the name appear, they'll know this is the current iteration of the community.

No matter what name is chosen, I think those should be serious considerations.

I suppose that this is something for Paw to weigh in on, but why not just call it "Greasespot Cafe" (under new management)?

George

could Mr. Pawtucket (soon to be Emeritus) just hand over/sell the rites/hardware to the site?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I love em..

As for taking over the current name.. That would definitely be up to paw and certainly I wouldn't rule it out.

I like the ring of "Greasespot After Hours" myself... Only.. That's a pretty long name to be typing in! Course so is www.greasespotcafe.com..

I'm not sure the new site will have games to start, Bolshevik.. Hehe.. (Is there even a web based Doom?) Getting started, it will be hard enough for me to just get basic pages and the forums setup.. But your welcome to help!

I'm thinking now that I don't want to scare those already in TWI away until they at least hear our side of the story, so we probably want to look for something a bit more subtle.

lostwaycafe.com

wayreststop.com

I checked godaddy.com and those are available..

Still thinking.. I figure I have until Christmas eve to pick a name.. That ought to afford me enough time to finish setting up the domain registration/forwarding/dns, putting the name on pages, finalizing routing, etc, etc, etc...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I love em..

As for taking over the current name.. That would definitely be up to paw and certainly I wouldn't rule it out.

That would be between Paw and staff, and whoever set up a new site, and I really don't think

the rest of us should get in the middle of that. There's a lot of considerations on every little thing to

change, and every little thing to keep the same. Unless there's monstrously bad ideas (like making the new

site pro-twi instead off offering the other side of the story), I'd rather just support those making the decisions

and trust them to make wise ones without having to explain each and every one to those of us who are not actively

helping in any capacity (like paying money, buying hardware, coding the new site, etc.)

Let me know what's been decided, ask my opinion if welcomed, but otherwise, don't waste your own time.

I've trusted Paw this far, I can trust him further. He's got an excellent track record, IMHO.

And, again, he's entitled to have his life back, especially after having offered so much for so many for so long.

I like the ring of "Greasespot After Hours" myself... Only.. That's a pretty long name to be typing in! Course so is www.greasespotcafe.com..

Who said the website name=the URL?

You can make the URL something easy to remember,

then title the pages "Greasespot After Hours".

Make stuff prominent (in links, in the titles, etc), and the search engines should pick up the title easily.

This would allow searches for "Greasespot", "Greasespot Cafe", etc to bring people to the new site.

Maybe Paw will allow the current URLs to redirect to it until the subscriptions run out, since he has the URL anyway...

It would certainly help people adjust to the change better.

I'm not sure the new site will have games to start, Bolshevik.. Hehe.. (Is there even a web based Doom?) Getting started, it will be hard enough for me to just get basic pages and the forums setup.. But your welcome to help!

I'm thinking now that I don't want to scare those already in TWI away until they at least hear our side of the story, so we probably want to look for something a bit more subtle.

lostwaycafe.com

wayreststop.com

I checked godaddy.com and those are available..

Still thinking.. I figure I have until Christmas eve to pick a name.. That ought to afford me enough time to finish setting up the domain registration/forwarding/dns, putting the name on pages, finalizing routing, etc, etc, etc...

Might I suggest a possibility of doing both?

We can have one URL through GoDaddy to cater to new twi escapees and walking wounded,

with some resources, and maybe a more compassionate board, even.

(And tighter rules concerning posting, with lots of modding.)

We can also have one URL to cater to the regulars,

and the people who specifically are looking for the GSC.

I mean, STFI has a BUNCH of URLs, some which are obviously them, and some less so.

It's an idea, at least.

As for games, I'm sure the "Name That"s can continue, if nothing else. :)

Maybe after all the "mission-critical" stuff is moved over, and a working chat is set up,

a search for doable games can begin, and some installation.

I mean, we can FIND games if we want them- but the new site's more important.

Games on the site would be a LUXURY, not a NECESSITY.

It would be awesome if a lot of the info in these threads were streamlined for a new site. Wordwolf for example wrote a thread going over "The Way living in love". A thread like that could be made into an article for discussion . . . if the writer were willing . . . maybe like was done with Penworks' article.

How many is it posted here "we've discussed that earlier" . . . concise articles would be easier references than reading old threads.

I have a number of other domain names already registered, I snagged extwi.com when it became available.

I had always hoped that someone would do a site for the ex way community, not a site that was elitist in nature.

I think that there are still people out there that don't know some of the things that happened. I've seen a lot of activity coming from children of ex-way folks. The damage IS multi-generational. So there are still people that need to know what happened. I certainly can not turn my back on the folks that haven't yet heard.

I would love to help plan the next site. I would be willing to keep the GS document section open indefinitely.

For me, the biggest "boulder" has been the forums. Someone says something inappropriate and it is removed; followed by a small group that rally to claim we are "oppressing and censoring"; followed by another group that is fine with it; followed by an email that thinks I am satan's stepson; followed by a post by me into the moderator's forum wondering if I should just close this place up; followed by a night's sleep; followed by another post by me apologizing to the mods for my behaviour; followed by some cookies; followed by watching some tv; followed by petting the cats; and finally some sleep.

I know that a number of people don't "get" that they are not responding to some cyber personality, rather a real flesh and bones person. And that people get hurt at the other end of the message. I like to replay and/or read all my email the same day, I had to stop reading GS messages at night as they would keep me up trying to figure it out. One of my cats can sense when I am stressed, she will crawl up on me when I am in bed and lay on my chest. At one point, it was every night!!!

My memory is a little fuzzie, well so am I; anyway....

ExCult site or what ever it was called, the anti Way internet magazine; wasn't it getting sued by TWI over the name the way being in it's original name? I know unfortunately the owner has passed away; but it seems TWI was going after him all the time.

I'm not a tech but would be willing to help in any way possible.

How about WeirillesVey.com??? or how ever it's spelled.......

I would hate to hear the reports of how faithfulness in the household stopped the adversary even on the evil internet.