GreaseSpot Cafe

Why do you come here..

Ham

just wonder. Does anyone else come here (at times) just for FUN?

I know.. the purpose is supposed to be exposing da way and all..

that's not too hard to do.

any seekers of lasting friendship? One remains clothed in some kind of religious anonymity.. fine.

I still love you like a brother. Maybe you really are.. a brother, that is. Haven't proved otherwise anyway..

Sowy. It's another one of these nights..

:biglaugh:

Honestly, I come here to connect with those of you who I have lost a connection. I had many friends in tw who I have lost. I gave so much away to tw. I lost so much. But I gained a lot back. My wife. My kids. I do love you all so here. I come here to feel good again.( I'm 3 beers into my weekend, anyway, that's my story).

Edited by Human without the bean

A three beer Christian? Cool...

Well..I hit about 4 and a half so far..

there was an old song about beer drinking Christians..

Can"t remember..

OH. today I found an old Sunn bass amp..

needs only a nice pair of 6CA7's. the original B+ filters are still in perfect condition..

If I can't sell it, I will have to learn how to play the bass.. :biglaugh:

Edited by Ham

I'm really sort of past exposing the way at this stage of my cult recovery. Not to sound too self absorbed, but I have been posting on GSC to sort out my thoughts and beliefs to an extent. Since I started doing that I can say I come here for the connections. I know many folks here personally and love to read their posts and interact with them. Plus those I haven't personally met are top notch as well and certainly add so much insight to things.

I'm really sort of past exposing the way at this stage of my cult recovery. Not to sound too self absorbed, but I have been posting on GSC to sort out my thoughts and beliefs to an extent. Since I started doing that I can say I come here for the connections. I know many folks here personally and love to read their posts and interact with them. Plus those I haven't personally met are top notch as well and certainly add so much insight to things.

I pretty much agree with OldSkool. My experiences with TWI & offshoots made some profound impressions on my thinking, and even now, 25 years after leaving, I still sometimes find myself recognizing ways in which I have been effected. My wife knows what it means, having gone through nearly identical experiences while in TWI (we became involved with each other only after we had each left), but to everybody else currently in my life, it's "So what?"

The people at Greasespot make it a good support group.

Love,

Steve

mostly because i'm a loser :)

it's more a distraction from my real life which sucks

of course i'm kidding in some ways

but i don't want to join any other sites. i've tried and they don't work for me

i guess i just need a cult ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahaha ahhhh ahahah haha ha ha ahahah

mostly because i'm a loser :)

it's more a distraction from my real life which sucks

of course i'm kidding in some ways

but i don't want to join any other sites. i've tried and they don't work for me

i guess i just need a cult ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahaha ahhhh ahahah haha ha ha ahahah

Ex,You have alot more insite than most,At least here you choose the color of kooaid.

just wonder. Does anyone else come here (at times) just for FUN?

I know.. the purpose is supposed to be exposing da way and all..

that's not too hard to do.

any seekers of lasting friendship? One remains clothed in some kind of religious anonymity.. fine.

I still love you like a brother. Maybe you really are.. a brother, that is. Haven't proved otherwise anyway..

Sowy. It's another one of these nights..

It is fun to shoot the shi@,People listen too.

I come here because this is the one place whee I can talk about what happened with a group of people who understand my experiences in a cult without a lot of judgement. And I get most of the jokes.

thanks frank you're a doll

we've been here a long time, eh?

when did i join?

i have to look. i know i was on waydale and learned about the one before that

oh man, i hadn't conversed with wayfers in YEARS (except for one/two very close friends -- really my best friend and i were friends before we went in the way)

it was tough going

ps. my best "insight" is that i'm not ashamed anymore - you know - to say what wierwille did to me on the coach, god darn it, how many years did that take me?

Why do I come here.. it is (for the moment) a well-lighted place..

:)

fairly clean..

not too many cockroaches..

it's supposed to be a cafe, isn't it?

The problem with the old guy in the Hemingway story is he gets too drunk to pay the bill..

I'll be kind and try to pay (donate) before consuming too much brandy..

I've given Mr. Irish eyes a few bucks, when I can..

quote: I come here because this is the one place whee I can talk about what happened with a group of people who understand my experiences in a cult without a lot of judgement.

One place - check

where I cvan talk about what happened - check

with a group of people who understand my experiences - check

without a lot of judgement - umm...

We sure do collect a good number of newbies. I like having all the stuff here for them to read. Keep the truth - - the real truth - - alive.

In the past 35 min there have been 374 people reading these forums...that's what it says on the home page...."guests". Mr Linder can only stretch himself so far.....and I doubt twi had that many people left!

Edited by krys

I first started reading because I googled TWI after hearing that someone had died. It was disturbing reading, but I had no trouble accepting people's stories as they brought up memories that fitted. I've had some really good laughs here, but I check back mostly for food for thought - have to say it's comforting to see so many kind survivors.