GreaseSpot Cafe

Revival and Restoration

OldSkool

3 minutes ago, waysider said:

Ask a baseline question you already know the answer to so you can gauge the quality of their responses.

Yessir, mission accomplished!!

This grand effort by (likely) sincere believers evokes Sisyphus.

In Greek mythology Sisyphus (/ˈsɪsfəs/;[2]Greek: Σίσυφος, Sísuphos) was the king of Ephyra (now known as Corinth). He was punished for his self-aggrandizing craftiness and deceitfulness by being forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it come back to hit him, repeating this action for eternity. Through the classical influence on modern culture, tasks that are both laborious and futile are therefore described as Sisyphean

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Raf said:

The only thing I learned from this video is that I've been pronouncing "Rivenbark" incorrectly since I first learned her name.

Did you delete posts from this thread? If so, why?

15 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Do you feel less spiritually enlightened ;) ?

Oh, yes.  I mean there's no telling what spiritual enlightenment I might have experienced on that Q & A session.  

I mean, look, it's inspiring Rocky to come up with ancient Greek fable paradigms and all.  :biglaugh:

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, chockfull said:

I mean, look, it's inspiring Rocky to come up with ancient Greek fable paradigms and all.  :biglaugh:

And i find that inspiring!!

• Upvote 1

You know what else is inspiring?  LOL  - :biglaugh:

Domain Name: REVIVALANDRESTORATION.COM
Registrar: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 69
Whois Server: whois.tucows.com
Referral URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
Name Server: DNS1.P06.NSONE.NET
Name Server: DNS2.P06.NSONE.NET
Name Server: DNS3.P06.NSONE.NET
Name Server: DNS4.P06.NSONE.NET
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 05-mar-2017
Creation Date: 09-sep-2016
Expiration Date: 09-sep-2017

2 hours ago, chockfull said:

You know what else is inspiring?  LOL  - :biglaugh:

Domain Name: REVIVALANDRESTORATION.COM
Registrar: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 69
Whois Server: whois.tucows.com
Referral URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
Name Server: DNS1.P06.NSONE.NET
Name Server: DNS2.P06.NSONE.NET
Name Server: DNS3.P06.NSONE.NET
Name Server: DNS4.P06.NSONE.NET
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 05-mar-2017
Creation Date: 09-sep-2016
Expiration Date: 09-sep-2017

Oh heavens no, they do NOT intend to start a new splinter cult! HAHAHAHAhahahahaha! :jump:

Methinks they doth protest too much (with their denials when asked about intent to start a new group).

• Upvote 2

It's just a matter of time. 

When vpw decided to start his own group, he stayed on church payroll for several years, while he set everything up. Once he had his (plagiarized) class and (plagiarized) book, his congregation (who were part of the church first), and a location (the farm having been partly renovated), THAT was when he officially resigned from his church.

The people here, most of the top ones were actually in when the first exposures came in the 80s. To have stayed through that-and then to have stayed through all the purges and exits in the DECADES since, only to leave NOW- well, the reason's rather obvious.  They decided they were done taking orders and passing along donations. They want to be the last stop for donations and give the orders. So, they spent the last several months to a year setting things up. All of this is all technicalities and "going through the motions." They're already committed to their new organization, RaR.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WordWolf said:

The people here, most of the top ones were actually in when the first exposures came in the 80s. To have stayed through that-and then to have stayed through all the purges and exits in the DECADES since, only to leave NOW- well, the reason's rather obvious.  They decided they were done taking orders and passing along donations. They want to be the last stop for donations and give the orders. So, they spent the last several months to a year setting things up. All of this is all technicalities and "going through the motions." They're already committed to their new organization, RaR.

Yep.......looks like this RnR group is done taking orders from pontificating figureheads in ohio.  Gee, HOW OFTEN have we been addressing this issue here at GSC over the last 17 years?  Well......finally, as many near retirement.....they're "taking a stand."  BIG FRIKKEN WHOOP.

They've got their domain name in place........rallied a group that stayed WAY TOO LONG......that has grown tired of Rosalie's leadership......and if the BOD doesn't buckle to their concerns, ALL WILL BE MARK/AVOID.

BUT........the interesting thing is ALL the other people it will affect.

• Family connections?  Siblings/children?
  • Someone like Brian Moneyhands........doesn't he work at hq?
  • Michael Fort & Jon Ryan......former limb guys in Indiana.  Will others hit the exit doors?
  • Bob & Dottie / Ed & Jackie....former corps coordinators.  Will other corps listen and follow?

How many exoduses were there?