GreaseSpot Cafe

Jumping to Concussions in a Rush to Judgement

Mike

12 hours ago, Mike said:

On the Absent Christ thread:

Do you even comprehand how sleezy and underhanded it is to move content from one thread where it is on topic to another thread where it is off topic in an effort to push the same garbage that didnt' fly over there either? 

Your contributions here are cartoonish...but plz keep on....:anim-smile:

34 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Then it fell apart but left a nest egg that other lowlifes have latched onto and created a system and organization to keep them living “the good life”.

I can verify this hands down. It was well understood that being on staff was a priviledge because we were living off donations and that life was much harder for field way corps who were trudging along with little to no resources: which is shameful!

Personally, I preferred being on staff for just that reason and Im not alone as it was common points of discussion for way corps staffers at the time. We all knew and understood there was an easier ride the closer to the top you get. Then when you manage to bag a major assignment as these @$$hats call it then you have all the adoration and comfort you need. The directors, even with their private innurement smoke screen, are still living high on the hog - relatively speaking.

41 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I can verify this hands down. It was well understood that being on staff was a priviledge because we were living off donations and that life was much harder for field way corps who were trudging along with little to no resources: which is shameful!

Personally, I preferred being on staff for just that reason and Im not alone as it was common points of discussion for way corps staffers at the time. We all knew and understood there was an easier ride the closer to the top you get. Then when you manage to bag a major assignment as these @$$hats call it then you have all the adoration and comfort you need. The directors, even with their private innurement smoke screen, are still living high on the hog - relatively speaking.

Wait, the hedgehog of protection is made of dollah billz??

The following was on the "Fellowship" page of twi's website:

First and foremost, we each enjoy the fellowship with our heavenly Father. Then in God’s household we enjoy the fellowship of one another as faithful followers of our Lord Jesus Christ who are eager to stand with resolve, ready to help one another, ready to pray with and for one another, and ready to prevail with power from on high.

This is not the order for fellowship as clearly shown in 1 John 1:3-4.

Verse 3  We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father AND with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our joy complete.

First and foremost, our fellowship is with both God and Jesus Christ. 

Once again, twi gives Jesus a demotion which means a reduction in rank and status.  It's so unbelievable and yet so boldy stated.  How's this instead:

First and foremost, our fellowship is with both God and Jesus Christ our Lord through whom we are able to stand with resolve and be ready to help one another, pray with and for one another and prevail with power from on high as we fellowship together in God's household. 

The difference is placing the focus on God and Jesus Christ instead of the believer. 

20 minutes ago, Charity said:

Verse 3  We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father AND with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our joy complete.

Actually, as I changed the bold fonts in your sentence above, the Epistle first mentions our fellowship with John, and (I guess) the other apostles.

I think you may have a point, though.

Maybe they were super summarizing those statements, where "fellowship with the Father" summarized the SPIRITUAL side of fellowship, so that they could emphasize the PHYSICAL side of fellowship. 

But if those 2 sentences were supposed to explain it all for "fellowship"  then it is clearly missing the Jesus and apostles parts.

But I don't want to "jump to concussions" over it. 

What kind of context did the 2 sentences appear in?

Edited by Mike

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Yikes! Another essay question?

I'll add it to the list of unanswered questions.

Add it to the list of "jumping to concussions questions."

Spiritual fellowship is fellowship with a spiritual entity.
Physical fellowship is fellowship with a physical entity.

4 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Yikes! Another essay question?

I'll add it to the list of unanswered questions.

My, you have a list?  That sounds important.  You must be important.

I should be in awe.  

*dons sunglasses at night*

https://www.theway.org/about-us/fellowship/

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

Actually, as I changed the bold fonts in your sentence above, the Epistle first mentions our fellowship with John, and (I guess) the other apostles.

I think you may have a point, though.

Maybe they were super summarizing those statements, where "fellowship with the Father" summarized the SPIRITUAL side of fellowship, so that they could emphasize the PHYSICAL side of fellowship. 

But if those 2 sentences were supposed to explain it all for "fellowship"  then it is clearly missing the Jesus and apostles parts.

But I don't want to "jump to concussions" over it. 

What kind of context did the 2 sentences appear in?

Here's the website so you can find out for yourself.  You'll see Jesus is mentioned only that one time.

No wonder I still feel embarrassed to mention Jesus when talking to someone about God.  While in twi, I learned that compared to God, Jesus was a pipsqueak.

Edited by Charity

1 minute ago, Mike said:

And a fellowship of the ring is a circular fellowship.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Charity said:

Here's the website so you can find out for yourself.  You'll see Jesus is mentioned only that one time.

No wonder I still feel embarrassed to mention Jesus when talking to someone about God.  While in twi, I learned that compared to God, Jesus was a pipsqueak.

Thanks.  Now I think you are right.  I'll make a note to point it out to someone in TWI-4.

5 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Self proclaimed importance. I have the bracelet that says so. It's established.

I don't know why they didn't just demote the colors.  You know, from blue to green.  Instead of M&Aing.  Could have pushed and pulled people and retained their abundance fleecing.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thanks.  Now I think you are right.  I'll make a note to point it out to someone in TWI-4.

You're welcome.  Ask them what they think about my revision.  They can use it if they want, it's not copyrighted and I won't ask for royalties. :wink2:

11 minutes ago, Charity said:

You're welcome.  Ask them what they think about my revision.  They can use it if they want, it's not copyrighted and I won't ask for royalties. :wink2:

So far I only know the local leaders well. HQ is, at the moment, more difficult to get dialogs going with the right people for upper level matters. The work there has shifted to Africa, and I hear they are overloaded, and like me, their time is scarce.

1 hour ago, Charity said:

The following was on the "Fellowship" page of twi's website:

First and foremost, we each enjoy the fellowship with our heavenly Father. Then in God’s household we enjoy the fellowship of one another as faithful followers of our Lord Jesus Christ who are eager to stand with resolve, ready to help one another, ready to pray with and for one another, and ready to prevail with power from on high.

This is not the order for fellowship as clearly shown in 1 John 1:3-4.

First and foremost, our fellowship is with both God and Jesus Christ. 

Once again, twi gives Jesus a demotion which means a reduction in rank and status.  It's so unbelievable and yet so boldy stated.  How's this instead:

First and foremost, our fellowship is with both God and Jesus Christ our Lord through whom we are able to stand with resolve and be ready to help one another, pray with and for one another and prevail with power from on high as we fellowship together in God's household. 

The difference is placing the focus on God and Jesus Christ instead of the believer. 

Interesting points, Charity. Looking at that quote on TWI’s website again:

~ ~ ~ ~

I agree they treat Jesus Christ like a second banana.

Also, their statement hits me as if they are trying to subliminally radicalize for what I don’t know     – “eager to stand with resolve” “ready to prevail with power from on high” …to me it’s the same old hype…get followers psyched to fight windmills…they’re still blowing smoke up everyone’s a$$es, they don’t even have power to prevail over boredom…eager to stand with resolve = drink our Kool-Aid and stand with resolve on top of the rug – under which we swept all our past and present shenanigans. :evilshades:

And good call on I John 1 - -  check out the context - - we can claim we have fellowship with God & Jesus Christ but if we walk in darkness we lie and do not live the truth:

3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our joy complete.

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

I John 1

~ ~ ~ ~

The Way International is still a mess because it’s built on a mess victor paul wierwille.

According to Matthew 7  you can’t fix a bad tree - you get rid of it

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

So far I only know the local leaders well. HQ is, at the moment, more difficult to get dialogs going with the right people for upper level matters. The work there has shifted to Africa, and I hear they are overloaded, and like me, their time is scarce.

Oh the irony.  They don't have time to fellowship because they are too busy AND important.  

The link to their website talks about where you can go to church at a persons home.  The mixture of the word “fellowship” to be synonymous with “church meeting” really waters down true Christian fellowship at the same time walks all over peoples private boundaries.  

A “fellowship” is a sanctioned TWi entity with a debt-free coordinator that participates in sts hookups and financially shares with twi.  That basically usurps the Biblical Christian definition of the word and fits it into TWIs warped control format.   The word “household” is there to further promote the doctrinal error of isolationist logic.  Isolationist logic is cult logic.  They isolate to control.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mike said:

According to whom? Or, who says?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

At least that's the excuse they give you when you ask, right? :wink2:

• Upvote 1

Mike:

"I’ve been honest and up front about this here, that written PFAL is my only rule for faith and practice, and that it, of course includes the Bible.

No matter how often or how specific I am about this limitation, written PFAL, everyone here will forget it and see in their minds me idolizing VPW, the man.  I am constantly correcting people on this.  How many times now have I corrected YOU on this, that my “high regard for Wierwille” is a fiction you hold in your mind constantly, no matter how many times I tell you, no, it’s wrong, it’s just written PFAL that is special to me.

How many days will you go before you are posting again that I idolize VPW in some way?  Let’s count." 

===================

I'll save him the trouble.  You're the same Mike that said that vpw was "BORN WITH AN OVER-ABUNDANCE OF BRAINS AND BRAWN."  You said that he was "OVER-gifted" and that "WHERE HE WALKED, THE EARTH SHOOK."

To anybody but Mike, those sentences reflect an idolizing as well as "a high regard" (to say the least.) Those were your own posts, not any "fiction"- you posted that.

For those who are curious, we dug a bit into vpw's brains and brawn.  His athletic skills were either EQUALLED or EXCEEDED by 60% of posters here. That's hardly a reflection of "gifted", let alone "OVER-Gifted."   The man was on his high school basketball team, and that was the end of his athletic career. He was neither on a team in college, nor afterwards. He DID, however, INSINUATE he did both. He said he "played basketball all through college"- which he might have done if all he did was play a game of pick-up once a semester.  But there's no mention of a TEAM, and his photos show his high school team photos and NONE of college, and NONE afterwards.  He said he was "involved with" the Sheboygan Redskins- which people took to mean that he actually played on the team- which is what he wanted them to think.  A complete roster of the entire history of the team is available- his name is not on it. Plus, again, no photos.  What does "involved with" mean?  Could mean almost anything, but he wasn't a team member.  He also claimed to have invented the hook shot, which was invented long before he ever picked up a basketball.

As for his intellectual accomplishments, they were no great shakes either. If not for his Dad pushing for it, he wouldn't have graduated high school or gotten into college.   After college, he went to Princeton Theological Seminary- a legitimate school- and attained a Masters, with a focus on HOMILETICS.  He studied PREACHING, how to give a sermon.  No history, no languages, nothing.  This is why his knowledge of both were so deficient.   As for a Doctorate, he got it through an established degree mill at the time.   Around here, there's plenty of people who completed Doctorates in credentialed schools, and plenty of people who have doctorates just as legit as vpw's.   None of that made him special.  His biggest source of inspiration, in fact, was the dovetailing of 2 things- the need to prepare a sermon every week, and his being hired to edit a magazine of Christian writers.  That pretty much covered his need to actually prepare a sermon every week.  Once he discovered Bullinger, Leonard and Stiles, he ripped off their works in toto, and the rest is history.  He often made pronouncements that he INSINUATED were all by revelation, but were from the John Birch Society's phone. He lacked the wit to be able to tell that they were often NONSENSE.

So, definitely no "abundance of brains OR brawn", let alone OVER-Abundance. Where vpw walked, the earth did not shake.