GreaseSpot Cafe

Jumping to Concussions in a Rush to Judgement

Mike

The salient question for today regards Mistletoe Mike, a GSC parasite, declining to embrace the real challenge he has told us about himself. He wants to see TWI become the organization he has always envisioned. 

He first came to us in December 2002, as a gnat to be swatted perhaps, hoping to hijack the mission of GSC to meet his ends. 

Mike's vision may be noble, but it is incongruent with GSC. He has received pushback but by no means the kind of vitriol he might if he were to enter the lion's den of TWI iniquity. His goals may be noble, but to achieve them, he must become a leader IN twi, not simply a GSC parasite. Having ideas is not the same as inspiring change.

There's plenty of inspiration in the bible for developing the will and stature of a mighty leader able to bring others along with him to the promised land of PFLAP ecstasy. But for two decades, Mistletoe Mike has taken the easy road and all he's accomplished was to annoy GSC netizens.

Alas, maybe I'm simply jumping to contusions:wink2: 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

His goals may be noble, but to achieve them, he must become a leader IN twi, not simply a GSC parasite.

Well, myself and many others took that plunge into the way corps and into the so called "top" leadership ranks...thinking there would be an appropriate delegation of authority and responsibiity. Mike, or whoever he really is, appearantly has only romantiscised notions what that is actually like in TWI.

Let me break it down: We were class salesman and paper pushers. Glorified administrative help. The entire system is rife with politics and micromanagement, nepotism, and favoritism. Its been that way since wierwille and its that way today. And no amount of day dreaming will change that. Thats the cliff notes. Perhaps we should do a thread on each others way corps experiences. Not for mike, he blames the way corps for the minustree's problems...it's Gawds minustree and the evil way corps ruined what our father in da verd established that had been lost since the first century...now I guess its lost again for another few thousand years.

19 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Well, myself and many others took that plunge into the way corps and into the so called "top" leadership ranks...thinking there would be an appropriate delegation of authority and responsibiity. Mike, or whoever he really is, appearantly has only romantiscised notions what that is actually like in TWI.

Let me break it down: We were class salesman and paper pushers. Glorified administrative help. The entire system is rife with politics and micromanagement, nepotism, and favoritism. Its been that way since wierwille and its that way today. And no amount of day dreaming will change that. Thats the cliff notes. Perhaps we should do a thread on each others way corps experiences. Not for mike, he blames the way corps for the minustree's problems...it's Gawds minustree and the evil way corps ruined what our father in da verd established that had been lost since the first century...now I guess its lost again for another few thousand years.

Break it down for whom?

I've been there; done that. 

My aim is not to engage Mike on the issue. Raising children, one learns (or can learn) the value of redirecting the child to something else. Detailing our experience pushing for change is not the point. We'd be better off helping Mistletoe Mike redirect the focus he puts in time and energy on GSC, redirecting it to where his stated mission might be accomplished. He certainly will not accomplish ANYTHING here but wasting his time, your time, and annoying the hell out of readers here.

Edited by Rocky

6 minutes ago, Rocky said:

He certainly will not accomplish ANYTHING here but wasting his time, your time, and annoying the hell out of readers here.

judging from his content, online persona, and stated intentions I would say this is his goal.

• Upvote 1

23848190.jpg

Of the many exceptional leaders we served alongside throughout our military careers, the consistent attribute that made them great was that they took absolute ownershipExtreme Ownership—not just of those things for which they were responsible, but for everything that impacted their mission. These leaders cast no blame. They made no excuses. Instead of complaining about challenges or setbacks, they developed solutions and solved problems. They leveraged assets, relationships, and resources to get the job done. Their own egos took a back seat to the mission and their troops. These leaders truly led. [unlike Mistletoe Mike]

In the years since we left active duty, we have worked with multitudes of business professionals, from senior executives to frontline managers, across a vast range of industries, including finance, construction, manufacturing, technology, energy, retail, pharmaceutical, health care, and also, military, police, fire departments, and emergency first responders. The most successful men and women we’ve seen in the civilian world practice this same breed of Extreme Ownership.

Likewise, the most successful high-performance teams we’ve worked with demonstrate this mind-set throughout their organizations. Since the publication of Extreme Ownership, we’ve heard from readers across the United States and around the world whose lives have been strongly impacted for good. They’ve told us how implementing its principles changed their lives and made them better: a more productive employee, a more supportive spouse, or a more engaged parent. Once people stop making excuses, stop blaming others, and take ownership of everything in their lives, they are compelled to take action to solve their problems. They are better leaders, better followers, more dependable and actively contributing team members, and more skilled in aggressively driving toward mission accomplishment. But they’re also humble—able to keep their egos from damaging relationships and adversely impacting the mission and the team. We’ve heard countless stories about how applying these combat leadership principles have helped readers accomplish what others, or even they themselves, had previously thought impossible. Extreme Ownership has helped people all over the world launch a successful company or nonprofit, receive a major promotion, land a better job with greater responsibility and more opportunity for growth, hit numbers far beyond expectations, achieve special recognition as an exceptional team member, or accomplish their goals, whatever they may be. Every day we hear new stories—different people, different businesses, different industries. The details change. The characters are diverse. There are always slight differences in the way things unfold. But their outcomes are ultimately the same. “I can’t believe how well that works” is a common response. The principles are simple, but not easy. Taking ownership for mistakes and failures is hard. But doing so is key to learning, to developing solutions, and, ultimately, to victory...

Willink, Jocko; Babin, Leif. Extreme Ownership . St. Martin's Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rocky said:

23848190.jpg

Of the many exceptional leaders we served alongside throughout our military careers, the consistent attribute that made them great was that they took absolute ownershipExtreme Ownership—not just of those things for which they were responsible, but for everything that impacted their mission. These leaders cast no blame. They made no excuses. Instead of complaining about challenges or setbacks, they developed solutions and solved problems. They leveraged assets, relationships, and resources to get the job done. Their own egos took a back seat to the mission and their troops. These leaders truly led. [unlike Mistletoe Mike]

In the years since we left active duty, we have worked with multitudes of business professionals, from senior executives to frontline managers, across a vast range of industries, including finance, construction, manufacturing, technology, energy, retail, pharmaceutical, health care, and also, military, police, fire departments, and emergency first responders. The most successful men and women we’ve seen in the civilian world practice this same breed of Extreme Ownership.

Likewise, the most successful high-performance teams we’ve worked with demonstrate this mind-set throughout their organizations. Since the publication of Extreme Ownership, we’ve heard from readers across the United States and around the world whose lives have been strongly impacted for good. They’ve told us how implementing its principles changed their lives and made them better: a more productive employee, a more supportive spouse, or a more engaged parent. Once people stop making excuses, stop blaming others, and take ownership of everything in their lives, they are compelled to take action to solve their problems. They are better leaders, better followers, more dependable and actively contributing team members, and more skilled in aggressively driving toward mission accomplishment. But they’re also humble—able to keep their egos from damaging relationships and adversely impacting the mission and the team. We’ve heard countless stories about how applying these combat leadership principles have helped readers accomplish what others, or even they themselves, had previously thought impossible. Extreme Ownership has helped people all over the world launch a successful company or nonprofit, receive a major promotion, land a better job with greater responsibility and more opportunity for growth, hit numbers far beyond expectations, achieve special recognition as an exceptional team member, or accomplish their goals, whatever they may be. Every day we hear new stories—different people, different businesses, different industries. The details change. The characters are diverse. There are always slight differences in the way things unfold. But their outcomes are ultimately the same. “I can’t believe how well that works” is a common response. The principles are simple, but not easy. Taking ownership for mistakes and failures is hard. But doing so is key to learning, to developing solutions, and, ultimately, to victory...

Willink, Jocko; Babin, Leif. Extreme Ownership . St. Martin's Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 

Jocko is the real deal. 

The principles he sets forth are true. This mindset is as throughly effectual today as it was in Ancient Greece -- and way more effectual than blaming devil spirits for any and everything.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Jocko is the real deal. 

The principles he sets forth are true. This mindset is as throughly effectual today as it was in Ancient Greece -- and way more effectual than blaming devil spirits for any and everything.

Yes! I watch his YouTube videos from time to time.

…and here we are.

Charity, you wrote, over on the Great Principle thread:
It would be nice to hear you talk more about the "ever present Christ, spiritually with in us."  What does this mean to you?  Other than being inside us, how do you fellowship with Christ throughout the day?

Why do you ask, Charity?

I have posted on this often, but I guess it was before you got here, or on a thread you didn't read recently.

I am really trying to bow out of this thread and others, and let things calm down a little here. Plus, I have to work and pay bills, so typing everything everyone wants me to type out is just impossible.  And now you want me to type out a fresh essay on the "ever present Christ, spiritually with in us." 

How about a few lines? …instead of an essay?

Am I going to be graded on this for what I don’t include?  That’s what happened with others who ask me things like this. Are you in line with them, and is this your “gotcha” set-up?  This is, hopefully, only a rhetorical question, and you are not, and really concerned about me.  … that I missed the brass ring of Christianity and got sidetracked by the collaterals. 

*/*/*/*

With that ever present spiritual Christ in me I am given the job of ambassador, to physically represent Jesus Christ while he is physically absent.  I am to love others as Jesus loved others, so I study Jesus’ love in the Gospels and Paul’s love in the Epistles.

So my duty is to imitate Jesus, to act out my best understanding of “What would Jesus do?"   I can relate to him this way. There have been times in my life when I was kinda stuck in how to do handle a situation with another person. “HOW did you do it!??” is one of the prayers with my understanding I send Jesus’ way, occasionally.  

I also relate to Jesus and often try to thing through how he grew up and matured. I know he fixated on the OT scriptures that were about him.  He dreamed them, and thought about how he would someday act them out. I can relate; I do similarly.

If I am going to manifest the power that comes with that Christ within, I know that love has to be the energizer. I can only know that power by focusing on his example of love…. Yes I really do read the Gospels.

Why do you ask, Charity?

1 minute ago, Bolshevik said:

Mike is talking about power again.

Power for abundant living

Power power power

Love is a power source?  Well it doesn't pay the bills.

Right.  I got to pay some bills, myself.

The power I mentioned was in the context of being able to better help someone.

42 minutes ago, Mike said:

The power I mentioned was in the context of being able to better help someone.

Oh? 

What power do YOU have to be able to better help ANYone? And if you have it, why do you come here where there's not a snowball's chance in Phoenix in August you'll be able to exercise said power to help anyone?

That seems like an unnecessarily aggressive response from Mike to a reasonable question from Charity.

But setting the aggression aside, it might be the most interesting and illuminating response ever, from Mike.  Him as a person, not him as a mouthpiece.  Shows he might think a little.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

I have posted on this often

Why would you be so egotistical to think anyone would care that you posted considering you post the same garbage from PFLAP over and over. You are just as unethical as some jackass with a pflap green registration card signing up toothless drug addicts to take a class that will not help them recover from their problems. Pflap is quite powerless.

But go ahead an show your true passive/aggressive nature...anything you ramble about will turn striaght back to the works of a discredited, alcoholic, false prophet who was nothing more than a bullshonta class salesman for his own base greed. Oh....sexual predator too...almost forgot that one...oh...yo...you know he wasnt really a doctor right? I mean I post about it often...I guess it was on a thread you didnt read....with links you didnt follow to articles you didnt read..

Charity, jusdging from mikes content and online persona he wouldnt know Jesus Christ if showed up at his door selling kirby vacuums.

Edited by OldSkool

8 hours ago, Mike said:

…and here we are.

Charity, you wrote, over on the Great Principle thread:
It would be nice to hear you talk more about the "ever present Christ, spiritually with in us."  What does this mean to you?  Other than being inside us, how do you fellowship with Christ throughout the day?

Why do you ask, Charity?

I have posted on this often, but I guess it was before you got here, or on a thread you didn't read recently.

I am really trying to bow out of this thread and others, and let things calm down a little here. Plus, I have to work and pay bills, so typing everything everyone wants me to type out is just impossible.  And now you want me to type out a fresh essay on the "ever present Christ, spiritually with in us." 

How about a few lines? …instead of an essay?

Am I going to be graded on this for what I don’t include?  That’s what happened with others who ask me things like this. Are you in line with them, and is this your “gotcha” set-up?  This is, hopefully, only a rhetorical question, and you are not, and really concerned about me.  … that I missed the brass ring of Christianity and got sidetracked by the collaterals. 

*/*/*/*

With that ever present spiritual Christ in me I am given the job of ambassador, to physically represent Jesus Christ while he is physically absent.  I am to love others as Jesus loved others, so I study Jesus’ love in the Gospels and Paul’s love in the Epistles.

So my duty is to imitate Jesus, to act out my best understanding of “What would Jesus do?"   I can relate to him this way. There have been times in my life when I was kinda stuck in how to do handle a situation with another person. “HOW did you do it!??” is one of the prayers with my understanding I send Jesus’ way, occasionally.  

I also relate to Jesus and often try to thing through how he grew up and matured. I know he fixated on the OT scriptures that were about him.  He dreamed them, and thought about how he would someday act them out. I can relate; I do similarly.

If I am going to manifest the power that comes with that Christ within, I know that love has to be the energizer. I can only know that power by focusing on his example of love…. Yes I really do read the Gospels.

Why do you ask, Charity?

This is pretty funny.  If you take all the things we are calling out TWI on you can see a running list of how Mike is pretending to use words that negate the criticism.

It’s like someone who is so desperate they will say anything to appear something than they are not.

What Jesus would do is what you see him doing in the gospels.  He would confront the lying political Pharisees who made life easier for themselves and harder for the average religious follower.  He would have tipped over the money changers tables.  Like we are doing calling out all the sin in the financial handling of TWI.  Like we are confronting the Pharisees of OW-4 with their self serving and self seeking decisions.

What Jesus would have done is what He is inspiring Christians to do.  Not listen to fake tree planters and listen to those who teach according to His purpose not their own.

• Like 1

Charity,

since you're new, I'll tell you this in advance. 

One of Mike's hallmarks is to go on for pages on subjects nobody wants, and lots of people refute or debate. 

When someone has a question about something SPECIFIC and CONCRETE,  then Mike suddenly doesn't have time.   In over 20 years, he's never even clarified his belief system as he sees it- because he'd get called on it.  Instead,  he changes positions in secret and claims people misrepresent him based on his previous posts, and uses terms that try to make it sound like he's not that different from everyone else. a la twi.

I even opened a thread to discuss people changing their positions on things over the years. Mike refused to post on it.  There's someone hiding something.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

Charity,

since you're new, I'll tell you this in advance. 

One of Mike's hallmarks is to go on for pages on subjects nobody wants, and lots of people refute or debate. 

When someone has a question about something SPECIFIC and CONCRETE,  then Mike suddenly doesn't have time.   In over 20 years, he's never even clarified his belief system as he sees it- because he'd get called on it.  Instead,  he changes positions in secret and claims people misrepresent him based on his previous posts, and uses terms that try to make it sound like he's not that different from everyone else. a la twi.

I even opened a thread to discuss people changing their positions on things over the years. Mike refused to post on it.  There's someone hiding something.

Hmmmmm.

Could we label this “collateral” damage?

:jump:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike said:

Hi, my replies are in italics.  I am asking Christ for guidance as I respond.  Looking back on what you wrote Mike, I  see a pattern of you saying and doing things that sound and look godly but without a sense of warmth, affection, comfort or friendliness in how you speak about Christ in your life.  You will see what I mean when/if you read my replies.  

It makes me think about my relationships with others throughout my life.  Except for my very best friend in childhood, I kept an emotional distance from others.  Even though my mother took good care of me, I never experienced a close relationship with her (except at her death bed) because most of her true self was oppressed because of my father's treatment of her.  My relationship with my father was a desperate need for his love and trying to please him enough so that he would stop drinking (i.e., codependent).  Only my children could opened up my heart to feel, give and receive such warmth.

I have no idea if this describes any part of your life, but if it does, I can honestly say that within the past few months from being on GSC, my relationship with God and Christ has begun to change from an intellectual knowledge of them to a personal one.

Why do you ask, Charity?

I am interested in hearing about Christ in your life without any mention of the collaterals. 

I agree with the above as to how we are to live our Christian lives before others.  I would add that we can do this because Christ is not just spiritually in us, but that he is alive and kicking within us. 

Studying Jesus' love is great - I also did this while in twi, but I've since come to realize that studying about his love without actually experiencing his love by being in continual relationship with him is more of a five-senses thing to do. 

Mike, your use of the words "job" and "duty" makes me think that you're coming from a "business approach" here - sorry, if I've characterized your intent incorrectly.  I'd also like to think that your communication with or prayers to Christ occur more frequently than "occasionally" or just "when you're stuck."  

The phrase you use, "I send Jesus' way" makes me think of those suction pipes you see on TV where people insert their message at the bottom and it gets suck up to be read somewhere else.  No personal contact between sender and receiver is experienced.  Another picture that comes to mind is a relay race where the baton is simply passed to the receiver who then takes off immediately with it. There is at least a 2-second contact here.

Good point Mike.  I would simply change "act them out" to live them out.

Finally Mike, you speak of "his example of love" that you read about in the Gospels.  Again, another good idea.  For myself, I would add "by focusing on the love he shows me because there really is a relationship between us."

God bless,

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Charity said:

The phrase you use, "I send Jesus' way" makes me think of those suction pipes you see on TV where people insert their message at the bottom and it gets suck up to be read somewhere else.  No personal contact between sender and receiver is experienced.  Another picture that comes to mind is a relay race where the baton is simply passed to the receiver who then takes off immediately with it. There is at least a 2-second contact here.

Think of how easy it would be to replace a person with a machine in that dynamic.