The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The oldies station used to play it a lot. I never knew what the singer looked like. According to one internet site, though, the song never made it higher than #6. It may have to do with local vs. national rankings. In Chicago in the 70's there was a popular song about "Lake Shore Drive." I doubt it was played anywhere else.

George

George

I remember the album very well. My friend had an autographed copy of the LP. Still played on the radio on

97.1 The Drive. Chicago

Classic Hits/Deep tracks

Yes, Kathy-very tragic. It appears to be a small plane piloted by a New York Yankee starting pitcher, Cory Lidel (sp). Reports are that there were two other people killed in the plane, and one person in the building. The building is a residential apartment building, very expensive condo's (author Carol Higgins Clark is one of the residents.) Reports are that the pilot did issue a distress call before crashing, and the plane was flying irratically before crashing.

Prayers for the Yankees and members of the family who lost loved ones today.

I was just with the big bosses secretary and she was having fun trying to arrange for hotels for 3 of our execs since they had cancelled and delayed all flights out of NY.

She said she was on the phone with her boss (the man I ran over once in the hallway) and she could hear helicopters and sirens and it was unsettling to her, knowing we had folks trapped there now.

Understandable why they pull out all the alarms in light of that city's history.

And yes sad, for the ones that did die in this accident.