GreaseSpot Cafe

How is the speed of GS?

pawtucket

I heard a few complaints about the speed of GS in the past few weeks. The recent upgrade DID slow things down for a few weeks, but it is supposedly rectified.

Are you having problems? In addition to the poll, if you could note any specific times or trends that you notice it would be helpful

Definitely worse. Sometimes ok, sometimes so bad that I give up and come back later.

BTW, I've seen a couple little glitches in the database as well. Once I posted to a thread, the post never appeared, but I was shown as the last poster on the top menu.

Its slow as molasses here around the evening time but that is when I get here on the weekdays.

I've had to give up at times because it took so long... icon_frown.gif:(-->

I checked sporadic because on the weekends its very fast at times but others its slow.

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

I have times where I can't get in at all. It's like either I can get in fine... or I can't get in at all. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Anybody else experiencing that???

sudo

Sudo -- yes.

And Paw -- at other times it is sporatic, fast one day and slow the next. I also thought it due to "housecleaning" duties.

I didn't notice any difference this week, is that because I am not focused? I am on dial up, so maybe slow is a relative term? but it has never taken long to get in, 5 to 8 seconds usually, and the door has always opened with my key for me.

~HAP

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

I have times where I can't get in at all. It's like either I can get in fine... or I can't get in at all. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Anybody else experiencing that???

sudo

That's a summary of my experience.

No rhyme or reason I can see, either.

I've had it slow to a stop after midnite, or before dawn.

the browser was blocking some of the cookies and slowing it down for me.

the eyeball at the bottom of ie-click on it and see what it's blocking.

for mine it was blocking that google cookie and maybe another, so i unblocked it and it works faster now

Much better today, Paw! The past week or so it's been slower than molasses and I thought it was my puter, but I'm on a T-1 and the other sites I visit were working just fine. Today it's as fast as any other site. icon_smile.gif:)-->