GreaseSpot Cafe
pawtucket

Chris Geer

On 11/18/2007 at 4:51 PM, alfakat said:

In the States, CG supports himself by selling his classes via his network of those who worship & adore him. In order to deemed worthy and get selected to represent him and his stuff, you have to jump through some hoops and promise to send him money and not give it to anyone else, when you run his classes (and to really "be" with him, you have to take all his classes yourself), don't expect any real communication from him, he only accepts faxes and if you question anything, you'll be deemed unworthy and can't run his classes anymore. His followers are lock, stock and barrel Geer-heads. If you aren't with him then you've turned your back on THE Word of God as given by the MOG (VP) and later entrusted to CG. It's the Way all over again. Some folks never learn. He's still promising he'll get that Advanced Class done, but it hasn't happened and annually, he whines about those that have "hurt" him or his ministry and "turned their backs" on him. Want some cheese with that whine (wine)?

On the other hand, you can pray for his wife, she's been dealing with multiple sclorosis for years now.

What, he doesn't have a phone??  I would take the faxes, and shove them up his a--!  If I could not communicate with someone, other than by faxes, I think I would not communicate with that person. I have never met Chris, but he seems like a strange person to me.  I feel for his wife though; MS isn't something I would want.

On 9/3/2010 at 5:03 PM, GrouchoMarxJr said:

This thread has been somewhat dormant for awhile...so I thought I would try to kick it back into "Geer"

I think that people are missing a real opprotunity to call bull sh *t on a real scumbag.

Chris Geer is STILL in operation and making money like his father in the scam taught him...

I always thought of Martindale as a buffoon...but Geer always scared me. He had a look in

his eyes that said psychopath...I could see him as a high ranking officer in Hitler's third reich.

Lynn publicly humiliates himself with his continual public dramas, while Geer silently sits in the background

selling his merchandise through franchises...never making public appearances...simply

counting his money in the back room.

I wonder why he doesn't appear in public.  I have never met him, but many people here at the GSC, say that he is a scary person.  

On 10/23/2006 at 0:22 PM, pawtucket said:

Do any of you guys know about any letters sent out by the Way of GB about dismissing Geer?

Geer is rearing his ugly head in the states and I would like something to slow him down.

Paw, I know this post is old, but do you have any idea of where Chris Geer is nowadays?  Is he still in Maine selling his Christian junk?  I have never met the man, but so many people who know him personally, say a lot of colorful about him.  I am just curious as to what he is doing these days. Nosy minds want to know.

Edited by Grace Valerie Claire
I made some mistakes.I meant to say colorful things about him.

2 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Paw, I know this post is old, but do you have any idea of where Chris Geer is nowadays?  

Isn't he sick like really sick?  I seem to recall something to that effect.

I thought he had gotten better.  I have never met him, but so many people who know him dislike him.  I can not understand why he was allowed to bring guns to various functions.  I spent 10 years in TWI, and I never saw anyone bring a gun to a meeting.  Why would anyone do this??!!

Those were very turbulent times between Geer and Martindale.  You had thousands of wayferdoodles (something funny so we see some humor instead of the negative) exiting the minister for whatever reason and thousands more kicking sand in the face of anyone who dared to have an opinion about what way to turn. Which way was right?   Which way was wrong?  We know now that both ways were wrong. 

I knew way corps grads that had guns.  It's a man thing.

Yes, Allan. There were a few. Not ministry sanctioned, of course. More like renegade believers doing their own thing. I guess you have to expect crazy stuff will happen when you have that many people blindly devoting their lives to a wacky mental process. A couple of the incidents have been talked about here on GSC. I don't have any first hand knowledge. One of the incidents occurred in Norway, I believe. Another happened in one of the southern US states.

Someone I knew quite well years ago did confide in me, though, that Way *associates* appeared at his front door, having been dispatched from Int. HQ,  and *suggested* he refrain from publically speaking unfavorably about The Way. Am I being vague enough?

On 12/15/2011 at 9:44 PM, waysider said:

Happiness is cool but what some people call happiness is really oblivion and self delusion. Like this PMA stuff that gets promoted in work place settings. Can't acknowledge that real problems exist. You might have to do something constructive to solve them. Can't have that now, can we? Just smile and pretend everything is hunky dory.....not my cup of fig pep.

Would someone please explain what fig pep is?  I know what figs are, but what is fig pep?  Was that some TWI food?

2 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Would someone please explain what fig pep is?  I know what figs are, but what is fig pep?  Was that some TWI food?

Fig pep

Fig Pep was quite a popular dietary item in The Way in the 1970's, as a health food craze was sweeping the organization.