GreaseSpot Cafe

Where Are They Now?

Belle

This is from the 2005 placement announcements, but I thought y'all might like to see the details on the changes and if there are any names you might know. The names are probably misspelled... hopefully you'll recognize them anyway.

As usual, my comments are in italics.

Rev. Rivenbark speaking:

God bless you in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ. It’s a great year, thanks to your hearts of believing and diligent efforts to see God’s Word prevail in our day and time.

I have some announcements I’d like to share with you. Each year the Board of Directors of The Way International takes a designated period of time and plans for the future of the ministry. If this year’s Director Annual Meeting had had a theme, it would have been “preparing for continuing growth and quality service to God’s people for the future.”

Change in BOD

For a number of years, we studied the Board of Directors and functions. Our Board of Directors serves in two capacities—they are both directors and officers. Directors have functions and officers have functions. Our Directors are responsible for these two functions. (?? WTF is she saying? ??)

Several years earlier the Board of Directors agreed that the Directors and officers of The Way International would be lifetime positions. And you’ve seen us implement this with shorter terms of service based on our placements standard. First, what is good for the person and second, what is good for the ministry.

(setting things up for her geriatric care already is what it sounds like to me.)

For 2005 & 2006 we’d like to move one more step forward. We increased our BOD from three members to five members.

We believe this will enable our Board of Directors to do a better job of serving God’s people in their functions as Directors and officers in our worldwide ministry and not be overwhelmed by the tasks at hand as we continue to grow. (ha ha ha – growth??)

Rev. and Mrs. Harve J. Platig and family served faithfully and excellently for five years at Headquarters will be serving as RC’s in The Way of the USA.

The BOD will be a president, three vice presidents, and a secretary/reasurer beginning in 2005-06. BOD for the coming year.

President serving as Minister of Education and Chairman of the Board will be Rosalie Rivenbark

Vice presidents:

Rev. V!nce McFadden, Minister of The Way Household Ranch, Camp Gunnison and Executive Committee coordinator

Rev. R0ger Mittler, Minister of Facilities

Rev. J0hn Rupp, Minister of U.S.A. Operations

Secretary/Treasurer – Rev. Jean-Yves De L!sle, Minister of Finance and International Operations

Increase in Regions

We increased the number of Regions in the United States from 12 to 15. Again, this is preparing for continuing growth and quality service to God’s people for the future. In order to do this we have lightened the load of some Region coordinators and made room for new leadership to help out. We’re very excited about the coming changes.

What effen load?? What effen growth??

Officers

G@ry Frederick, Chief Financial Officer

Mrs. Donn@ Martindale, Chief Housing Officer

President’s Cabinet

Mike Anders*n

Ira Berg*r

David Chavousti*

Joe Coult*r

Aaron Hampt*n

Andy Johns*n

John Lind*r

Don Lom*x

Steve Longl*y

Rico Magnell*

Donna Martindal*

Robert McCull*ch

Brian Moynih*n

Greg Shaff*r

Camp Gunnison - Executive Committee

Vince McFadd*n

Alan Dr*m

Greg Bolch*lk

Way Corps Coordinators

Rev. and Mrs. Greg B*chalk

(All that to oversee FIVE Students??)

B]The Way of the U.S.A.

Trunk Coordinator [/b]

Mike Anders*n

Linda And*rson

(Can someone explain why there's a need for a VP of the USA, a RC of the USA and a TC for the USA? Is there really that much work?)

New England

Chris & Angie Gramlic*—MA, NH, VT

Billy & Bonnie Matlac*—CT

Rick & Linda Br*wn—ME

Perry & Roxanne Peac*—RI

North Atlantic

Scott & Kim Bodolosk*—NY

John & Jennifer Chel*r—NJ

Chesapeake Bay

Eric & Mary Kay K*etteritz—PA, DE

Bill & Jean B*rryhill—MD

Blue Ridge

Gary & Valerie Livedal*n—VA

Mark & Joanne Ge*rge—DC

Stan & Dawn Tinsl*y—WV

East Central

Joseph & Paula Wr*n—NC

Victor Wezensky—KY

Mid South

Bill & Marcia Green*—GA

Byron & Dawn Brin*y—SC

Stephen & Patty Fay R*berts—TN

South Atlantic

Joe & Kim Naviell*—FL

Eric & Stephanie K*oell—AL

Ohio Valley

Harve & Peggy Platig—OH

Rev. and Mrs. Roman St*ciw - Branch and household fellowship coordinators in Granville OH

Mid West

Mark & Terri L*dwig—MI

John & Lisa Ry*n—IN

Great Plains

John & Mary Spev*k—WI

Ron & Nan Wr*ght—IL

Bill & Renita S*ge—MN, ND, SD

Central

Tom & Dorothy H*rrocks —MO, NE

Harm & Debra Olthous* —IA

Sam & Jackie Seld*n—KS

Mid America

Tom & Brenda M*llins—TX

Jack & Eileen Dier*—AR

Vern & Jill Edward*—LA, MS

Rodney Grilli*t—OK

Rocky Mountain

Mark & Josephine Wallac*—CO, UT, WY

Dan & Dee D*vis—AZ

Darin & Rochelle S*nd—NM

Pacific

Matt & Linda Stile*—AK, WA

Dennis & Santina H*m—ID

Brian & Heidi Sath*r—MT

Stephen & Cathy Dudl*y —OR

Western

Ed & Sandy O*ding—CA, HI

Rick & Stephanie Walt*n—NV

Country Coordinators

North America

Rev. and Mrs. Joe P*rry - Canada

Miss Silvia Molin* - El Salvador

Mario & Carmen *rtiz - Mexico

Caribbean

Melvin & Barbara Burg*ss - Barbados

Federico & Annalouisa Alvare* - Dominican Republic

Peron & Marcia Schout*n - St. Lucia

Prem & Hamida Harrichar*n - Trinidad and Tobago

Miss Lillie Sed*hl - U. S. Virgin Islands

South America

Manuel & Carmen Cat*n - Argentina

Mario Claudio & Solange Roj*s - Chile

Mr. Jorge Quirog* - Peru

Juan & Maria Villarro*l - Venezuela

Europe

Otsel-Buny & Sylvia May*n - Belgium

Jose & Kitty Ngeyitadil* - France

Parfait-Vilard & Alexandra Segbeay* - Germany

Corrado & Rosario Ciull* - Italy

Kala & Lorinda Zino Mundj* - Portugal

Rhys & Grace Mill*r – United Kingdom

Rev. and Mrs. Bob Moynihan - Outreach Ambassadors in the United Kingdom

Africa

N’Kose & Matimona Mankend* - Angola

Jerome & Kristine Sekp*n - Benin

Flavian & Matil Zabb* - Congo

Balla & Eleanor Doumbi* - Cote d’Ivoire

Roger & Michelle Lutamb* - Congo

Joseph-Marie & Elaine Mongengi* - Gabon

Bonaventure & Zilatu Toh*n - Niger

Faustin-Dreyfus & Chantelle Got* - Togo

Asia, Oceania, and Australia

Peter & Fiona Cawdr*n - Australia

Mrs. Mercy Allegr* - Guam

Sean & Mary Strickl*nd - New Zealand

Nicholas & Gina Boc* - Philippines

Edited by Belle

Amazing how the smaller that they get the more layers of beuracracy they add.

Fifteen regions? I count 11 states that don't have their own Limb Coordinator, probably because there are few, if any, Way people in those states, and six region coordinators who are "overseeing" only one other Limb Coordinator, plus Harve whose region is only one state.

I remember at the peak of their numbers in the early eighties there were only eight region coordinators, and some of the bigger areas were subdivided into "Territories" or "Areas" that were the size of present-day regions.

Good stuff, Belle.

Not surprised at some of the names, but others it surprises and saddens me to see. I knew them as lovely fun and tender people.

Hey Belle,

THanks for the info... Wow.. Some of those names are really awkward in the position they are.. I mean, so many newbies in the President Cabinet.. I am amazed they watered it down. Used to be only top dogs there, now it looks like a group of department coordinators on staff..

Don't quite get your question about the VP, RC, and TC for the USA.. RC ? Maybe I can't read, which is nothing new, is that Region Coordinator?!?

The office the Way of the USA isn't exactly busy so to speak except that the 2 positions I know of, the VP and the TC do 2 different functions.. The VP (Mr. Rupp) is nothing more than a relations man for the BOD to the rest of the Way of The USA.. He'd be in charge of the TC and the TC would do his bidding but really only dealing with the Region and Limb coordinators. THere was always that link in the chain, as Mr. Rupp used to be the assistant to the Trunk when Bill Green was, then Bill Green got the boot because he was much like John Reynolds (a push over for policies) and not strong enough to assert the BOT's demand. John on the other hand will take Rosalies orders, and either get his new "assistant" called the TC to get the Regions to do it, or Rupp will handle it himself for more "serious" matters that the BOT doesn't want the rest of the world to know (Once the TC knows)..

Just a name change really of the same positions. The old TC (Mr. Rupp) got his position changed to being named A VP, and the assistant to the TC got renamed to being just the TC.. Now there is no "real" assistant to the TC, outside of secretaries and so on and so forth..

Interesting the removing of "power" from many RCs.... Something must be cooking! Divide and conquer they always say.. More than likely not enough work for those who used to be RCs, so instead of being many Limbs, they are being RCs.. Much like when the "Territories" and "Areas" when TWI was big got dwindled into just having Regions, Limbs, and Branches.. Now, it's dwindling further.... Soon, the Regions will only be was "used" to be called Limbs..

Secretary/Treasurer – Rev. Jean-Yves De L!sle, Minister of Finance and International Operations

"Minister" of facilities, U.S.A. operations, finances and International Operations???

WTF is that all about? Seems like they are using the word "minister" differently these days. In the old days, the word "minister" was used as a verb describing a spiritual impartation towards someone in need, ie: "to minister healing"...but now it's used the same way that a government uses it...it's a "title" now.

...and just exactly what does a "minister of education" do?...sell books?

Hey Groucho...

Let's not forget the original meaning of the word "minister" used in the scriptures which just means a way of serving..

It was elevated to the "religious" definition much later, and now it has been changed completely from being the "action" of serving (in a certain capacity), to being just a title given to someone but rarely matching what they actually do..

Yeah, minister of finances.. He serves the money well! Hehehe... Ok.. I shouldn't laugh.. It's sad really..

President serving as Minister of Education and Chairman of the Board will be Rosalie Rivenbark

Vice presidents:

Rev. V!nce McFadden, Minister of The Way Household Ranch, Camp Gunnison and Executive Committee coordinator

Such lofty labels........... :biglaugh::biglaugh:

At the very least, the new labeling......is something NEW to talk about. :wink2:

Yeah, Roger that............really a way builders overseer.

Yeah, John R..................PRing the trunk office.

Yeah, Jean-Yves.............same ole thing Howard used to do.

Officers

G@ry Frederick, Chief Financial Officer

Mrs. Donn@ Martindale, Chief Housing Officer

And. Gary.........wasn't L0uie L1nd doing this job before he split out years ago?

And, Donna.......Chief Brass Polisher.

Amazing how many levels of "importance" can be instituted when $$$$$$$$$$$$ is in the coffers.

:doh:

"Minister" of facilities, U.S.A. operations, finances and International Operations???

WTF is that all about? Seems like they are using the word "minister" differently these days. In the old days, the word "minister" was used as a verb describing a spiritual impartation towards someone in need, ie: "to minister healing"...but now it's used the same way that a government uses it...it's a "title" now.

...and just exactly what does a "minister of education" do?...sell books?

My take is an overinflated sense of grandeur. Minister of Education, Minister of Finance, etc...sounds like Rosie is the Prime Minister and that TWI is its own little pitiful country. I wonder who the Minister of Defense is?

Maybe we could help them out in that regard and move them to the Bikini Islands in the Pacific. Since we did the above-ground H-Bomb testing there, I understand that there aren't any residents anymore. Sounds like the perfect place to set up "TWI-land."

I'd even buy the Kool-Aid for them :evildenk::evildenk: (kidding, of course)

Several years earlier the Board of Directors agreed that the Directors and officers of The Way International would belifetime positions. And you’ve seen us implement this with shorter terms of service based on our placements standard. First, what is good for the person and second, what is good for the ministry.

Does this mean what it looks like it means? Is rosie setting up her geriatric care? Sounds like they are stuck with her till they bury her. What happened to the "five years" and then time for new blood?

It also seems to me that, in addition to watering things down, they are operating from a "wishful thinking" perspective. Surely they aren't getting that many "new people" if they really are getting any new people. From what I understand and hear, it wouldn't be near enough to off-set the "old people" who are waking up and leaving the group.

Belle, thanks so much for posting these assignments. I was sorry to see Gary and Valerie Livedal*n's names on there. Paw, she's the one from RI whose name I was trying to remember. We knew them way back in our late-70's Colorado days. He had a sister who I believe also went in the corps, but I don't have a clue which corps any of them were in.

And Johniam, I'm betting McFadden would be the likely candidate to rise to the top of the turd pile of leadership.

IMO, the reason so many people have titled responsibilities is to make the organization seem larger and more affluent than it really is. How impressive it must look to outsiders or newbies who know nothing of TWI or its history -- all those names, all those important titles!!!! "Minister" of facilities, U.S.A. operations, finances and International Operations - wow - he must be reallllllly important! And there are 14 members in the president's cabinet! They must have a LOT to manage in order to justify having that many staff to their followers. Hmmm - wonder what their responsibilites are?

I was sad to see that Joseph & Paula Wr*n are still involved. What lovely people they are - at least I hope they still are. And Rev. & Mrs. Moneyhands are in the UK... how nice for them. Too bad their only child and grandchildren are on the farm... so far away.

I'd better stop before I get really nasty....

IMO, the reason so many people have titled responsibilities is to make the organization seem larger and more affluent than it really is.

I agree, Hope, and the flip side to that is there are a certain number of paid positions that need to continue to be paid in order to keep that image of "growth and abundance" that they tout. Firing people because they don't have a legitamate position for them would give a more accurate picture to the rank and file of how things really are....dwindling. They can't put up the front of expansion and growth while at the same time firing leaders for lack of followers. They have to hvae five leaders overseeing Gunnison while there are only a few corps there and there is good excuse for them to tell people they need to sell it. With Indiana they were still close enough to the exodus in the eighties and the purging of the 90s that they could sell it while preaching quality not quantity. What would they say now?

Can you imaging the future fate of twi? 12 regions for four states with a handful of fellowships, 25 members on the cabinet, 6 VPs, and 2 department heads for each staff worker. :biglaugh: Anything to keep those believing images of victory. lol

I'll always remember meeting the trunk coordinators of Germany one year at the WinB conference. This was the late 90s. We were talking to them on the airport shuttle and learned that they were not only the TC, and not only the only BCs, and not only the only FCs, but the only two wayfers in the entire country. :eusa_clap: That was pretty eye opening.

I am still wondering about a pay scale. Anyone know?