GreaseSpot Cafe

You Know You Are In A Cult If..

Sudo

You know when you're in a cult if you are told that a mother shouldn't worry about the safety of her children, and that in fact if she worries TOO MUCH... God will punish her by allowing her child to be killed. Funny... most children that are killed are from families that DON'T take measures to protect them and allow them to roam the streets as they please.

But you are in a cult when you are told that you worry about your kids too much. And its YOUR fault when awful accidents happen... as awful things will sometimes happen to *all* people of all faiths.

sudo

Make it stop, please! Want to laugh and scream in horror both at the same time.NOOOOO!

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

OMG!!! That was a scarey video. I can't believe I sat through that boring dribble more than once.<_<

...more than once? The song comes immediatly to mind, "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights" What did VP teach about if a person is told something 3 times they should have it down or they are possessed or unwilling to listen. So now why did that not apply to being required to sit through every stinking class that came down the pipe every time it was within a 300 mile radius of your home?

You know when the MOG said, "How many times have you already been told this?" My answer was, "Once. Because if you have told me before I obviously didn't think you were worth listening to, and if you ask me again my answer will remain the same."

I remember asking my mother the very first time that I took the class as a teenager, "Mom, why does he keep repeating himself? Does he think we are all stupid?" She should have just said, "Yes"

Hmmmph!

I remember asking my mother the very first time that I took the class as a teenager, "Mom, why does he keep repeating himself? Does he think we are all stupid?" She should have just said, "Yes"

Hmmmph!

My mom actually told me before I took the class that a lot of it was repetitive - but that was because he was teaching to the lowest level of intelligence that could take the class...

So, Eyes, her answer to that question was YES. She said the same thing about the collaterals, too... and a lot of things, come to think of it.

This is hilarious to me! My mom and dad would always chastise me because it ALWAYS took more than three times for me to listen to them. It all makes sense...us former ministry/headquarters kids are so f-ed up. I remember the way being into all that numerology stuff. Didnt three mean complete?? Too funny.

Didnt three mean complete?? Too funny.

I guess VP figured that meant complete idiot or completely possessed but it really meant completely sick of hearing the sh!t!

Scary..

That seems to be the main emotion here. Yeah... I'm slapping myself on the forehead wondering why I ever bought into such ridiculous notions. It must have had something to do with my girlfriend at the time who cajoled me into taking "the class".

What?? A mother gets her child killed because she is too concerned and worried?? And we believed that???

sudo

Sudo, I am glad that I didn't watch this last nite. I would have probably had nightmares!!!! Maybe that is why I never had children, huh? I was AFRAID something might happen to them.

OMG, what a piece of cr@p.

BTW, I think it was actually seven times that you had to hear something, not three. Three had to do with, if you hear a negative, replace it with 3 positives.

Can't say I ever really bought into that stupid statement. One of the many things put on hold.

My mum always wanted to know where I was, with whom, and what time I would be home. (If I wasn't in by 9.30 pm I got a beating. Or at least an earbending. And grounded.) Did that mean she was afraid? No, it meant she cared! If she didn't like the people I hung out with - she wouldn't let me out. She cared! She taught me and my siblings to wash, clean, dress ourselves; how to cross the road; how to behave ourselves; social behaviour; not to steal, etc; not to get into cars with strangers; to tell if anyone approached us/threatened us.

Because she cared - as any wise mother would be. Not because she was scared.

But now Sudo...

I 'fess I am a little scared for you. Why'd you keep that junk around anyway? Very scary stuff. Don't you know it harbors debbul spurts? :biglaugh:

Scary, yes....

But, look at it this way, when I was in military, and other can vouch for this, our instructors KEPT repeating and repeating training items to us. There it wasn't that they thought we were dumb. It was because everyone's lives DEPENDED on us reacting as a team at the right time and place. Repitition had us to the point, that in an emergency, what we had to do was 2nd nature and we did not have to stop and think about what we did. Unfortunately, some people have taken that principle and twisted it around to excess to make us feel like a bunch of dopes..... :asdf:

Sudo, I am glad that I didn't watch this last nite. I would have probably had nightmares!!!! Maybe that is why I never had children, huh? I was AFRAID something might happen to them.

OMG, what a piece of cr@p.

BTW, I think it was actually seven times that you had to hear something, not three. Three had to do with, if you hear a negative, replace it with 3 positives.

Actually, I think the "hearing 3x" thing came from a K.C. Pillai teaching on an Eastern custom called "constrainment".

As far as I can remember, here's how it works:

Non constrinment version:

"Would you like a glass of water?"

"yes, thank you."/ or "No, thank you."

Constrainment version:

"Would you like a glass of water?"---1st time

"No, thank you."

"Are you sure?"---2nd time

"No, thanks."

"It's nice and cold."----3rd time

"No, thank you."----Your intended response.

---------OR--------------

"Yes, thank you."-----Your intended response.

Sheesh!----You know you were in a cult when you remember that stuff 30+ years after hearing it! :redface2:

Actually, I think the "hearing 3x" thing came from a K.C. Pillai teaching on an Eastern custom called "constrainment".

As far as I can remember, here's how it works:

Non constrinment version:

"Would you like a glass of water?"

"yes, thank you."/ or "No, thank you."

Constrainment version:

"Would you like a glass of water?"---1st time

"No, thank you."

"Are you sure?"---2nd time

"No, thanks."

"It's nice and cold."----3rd time

"No, thank you."----Your intended response.

---------OR--------------

"Yes, thank you."-----Your intended response.

Sheesh!----You know you were in a cult when you remember that stuff 30+ years after hearing it! :redface2:

Yea -- that was pretty much it, Waysider. :)

If I recollect correct, docvic had a session in pfal where he spoke about orientalisms.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it was about *numerology*.

I'm thinking he was trying to point out the difference between cultures.

Perhaps Mike, What The Hey, Motor Head, or other docvic apologists could tell us EXACTLY,

as to what session it might have been in, what was said, etc.

I seem to remember him talking about American's *quick acceptance* to invitations,

whereas the Eastern culture folks would demure, protest, then finally accept,

as if convinced against their will, and that it was somehow better than our culture now.

And while reading your post -- it got me thinking of something I've not thought of before.

Docvic was willing to *teach* that entity in pfal, but he NEVER did practice it.

Can you imagine him *constraining* anyone??? About anything?? I can't.

What he wanted -- he got, and right then and there.

The word *constraining* wasn't in his vocabulary,

when it came to his *personal needs*.

One more *Do as I say, Not as I do" from the MOG.

:doh:

it's a law

that which you're afraid of.....

guess he was afraid of cancer

ppphhhtttttt

I used to think VP looked like an old guy in the PFAL video; now he looks rather young. ha ha

outieaboutie ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

and sudo.....

i can only speak for myself and the motorcoach

it was not my idea ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

gross puke help ohmygod