GreaseSpot Cafe

Make Room For...

Raf

DADDY!!!!!!

Yup, it's true.

On Father's Day this year, Mrs. Me came up to me with a little stick that had a great big PLUS sign on it. A visit to the doctor confirmed it and, if that weren't enough, a follow up visit last Monday showed me what that plus sign added up to. Leave it to the Almighty to make one (me) plus one (Mrs. me) equal three!

Oh Baby!

She's due in February.

Woohoo! Congratulations! It's good news, and having gone through that process fairly recently, if you need any suggestions or tips let me know.

I do have to tell you one thing though, take everything everyone tells you with a grain of salt. Your family is going to be wrong, her family is going to be wrong, your friends will be wrong, and any books you read will be wrong. Sure, they will have good ideas and guidance, but at the same time, things have changed, and what used to be ok is now known to cause problems. Still, don't worry too much, because this is a natural process that untold numbers of people have gone through in the past. Raising children seems to be the same way, as long as you do your best, your kids should turn out fine. There are no exact sciences with this stuff.

Oh, and on another topic, is this why you didn't make a "Cone of Edouard" thread? This thing is spinning over my house as we speak and I normally would have counted on GSCafe for all my tropical weather news.

Well, your LIFE will change forever. And that's (generally) a good thing.

Congrats.

You will feel different the moment your new baby takes its first breath! Your entire perspective on life will change!

That moment, which for me was nearly 19 years ago, was and still is THE most dramatic moment of my entire life.

Oh, and did I say, "Congrats!" :)

Oh, and on another topic, is this why you didn't make a "Cone of Edouard" thread? This thing is spinning over my house as we speak and I normally would have counted on GSCafe for all my tropical weather news.

I've been pretty much out of commission the last couple of weeks. By the time I even knew about Edouard, it was already making landfall.