GreaseSpot Cafe

Latest Way Marketing

TrustAndObey

Since we rarely have anything recent concerning the Way, I thought I'd just add a topic on the current Way Mag and specifically the 1 page promotion trying to get people to go on staff..

Seeing some mentioned how this site is not current.. I took a peek at my friends latest Way Mag to see if I saw anything "new"..

Seems they (TWI) must be listening to us, because the whole mag was devoted to articles on leadership being kind, forgiving, forbearing, loving.. While they can't show by their actions, they have to leave it to a magazine. Really sad. And I'm not saying they haven't changed their "outward" appearance. Since leadership, we've been told, is kinder and gentler.. But in the end, the deep hearted truth is, they really aren't there to help anyone.

So this 1 page promo.. To get people to go on staff, had about 5-10 quotes from people in TWI.. Now, if it were any other marketing team, those quotes would be from satisfied clients. You know, those that actually were on staff and saw the benefits. Drank the kool-aid and loved it.. But no. Not TWI.. I have only my friends that are on staff to know they are still miserable living there, thinking they can change things while at the root.. So I highly doubt TWI was able to get any good quotes from those who are on staff. They all want to leave after the first year! So instead, who do they get to sell going on Staff? Why, the people who visited HQ and said how lovely it was and might think about going..

Word to those who are thinking about it, DONT! After the first year, you'll understand why! Or, in fact, go, because after the first year, you'll probably wonder why you are in TWI to begin with!

my rant is over..

Get away, T&O! They could get heaps of positive quotes from people on staff. But they would also say the same thing. "I'm so blessed to be able to serve at HQ." "It's such a privilege to work with such awesome men of God." "I've learned such a lot [in some undefined area] since I've been here." It'd all be in Wayspeak. They could quite easily order staff members to write some "unsolicited comments."

What you wouldn't get is:

"The organization supported me through getting my [nationally or State recognized qualification] in ..."

"TWI sent me to help at the local shelter for homeless people. I got to really help them and could see the difference I was able to make in those people's lives."

"I trained as a ... and was able to stretch my ability by ..."

"This is the most satifying job I have ever had."

And hey, I'm not knocking staff members. The ones I knew were lovely, often talented, people, who were in stultifyingly boring jobs, desperate to find ways to do something worthwhile.

Get away, T&O! They could get heaps of positive quotes from people on staff.

Yeah, you're right, they could force such a response.. It just seemed so silly they didn't.. Probably trying to brainwash people into hearing others think they want to go, into getting the rest to want to. While those who are on staff.. Well, there's very few I know there right now that just love it..

In such rough economic times.. doesn't it a say a lot when an employer puts out a full page add soliciting for applications?

:biglaugh:

I mean.. when they have to practically beg people to work in a job depressed market..

maybe they should include "free beer" or something..

"so.. do you want a job, or what.."

"from you? Hmm. No, that's ok.. I'd rather go starve somewhere.."

:biglaugh:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah, really. In a time where people are lining up around the block for minimum wage jobs, TWI can't get applicants?

Does that tell you anything?

Heh, heh, heh! Look where they are "advertising", eh? How many folks read that rag mag??

I'm guessing they wanted to (but didn't) include "Faithful Only, Need Apply".

Can you imagine "Joe blow" blue collar worker applying for a job there? blink.gifbiglaugh.gif

I think unemployment might be preferable. Just my imo. spy.gif

Thanks T & O for that 'fresh' update!

I'm just curious.....since they are 'advertising' employment,

can they deny employment to what they would call 'unbelievers' or

'copouts'? What are those laws? Isn't there a non-descrimination

law against religion? Just wondering........

The last I heard (about 12 years ago) one had to have taken the Advanced Class. (minimum)

I don't believe there would be any problem with their pay scale. Everyone is supposed to be paid a salary that meets their "need". Many live on the grounds and take most of their meals there. I believe the noon meal is a requirement. With all of these "benefits"I don't believe anyone will be complaining about their wages (at least not to anyone who can do anything about it)

Since we rarely have anything recent concerning the Way, I thought I'd just add a topic on the current Way Mag and specifically the 1 page promotion trying to get people to go on staff..

Seeing some mentioned how this site is not current.. I took a peek at my friends latest Way Mag to see if I saw anything "new"..

Seems they (TWI) must be listening to us, because the whole mag was devoted to articles on leadership being kind, forgiving, forbearing, loving.. While they can't show by their actions, they have to leave it to a magazine. Really sad. And I'm not saying they haven't changed their "outward" appearance. Since leadership, we've been told, is kinder and gentler.. But in the end, the deep hearted truth is, they really aren't there to help anyone.

So this 1 page promo.. To get people to go on staff......

Yeah......."go on staff" and scrubbing their toilets.

The dirty little secret is........the cult caste system is so entrenched, one finds all aspects of life dictated to him at work AND at "home" (dorm-style or trailer park living). Weekends are non-essential as the new staffer is given duties to volunteer, or set-up, or usher. Around every corner is big-brother... critiquing, listening, gauging performance, etc.

What's more.....the desk jobs and supervisor jobs are ALL taken and have been for decades. The bottom tier of new staffers would be comparable to seasonal UPS workers.....loading/unloading during the graveyard shift. Is there any wonder why twi is having trouble marketing this bottom-feeder position?

It's the bottom rung out of a sewer drainage system.

<_<

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Being on Staff is a horrible experience. Lot's of work, little pay, very little appreciation for efforts made, cramped living quarters, forced participation in the STS, subtle and not so subtle coercion at every turn, and that is just the tip of the ice berg. Make no mistake, they have been hurting for Staff for a few years now and it seems like it's a problem they are stuck with. It's poetic justice.

I thought I would add a little more. During placements 2007 the cabinet were basically blamed for there not being enough staff applications to fill all the open positions. Now, there were still loads of unfilled positions even after countless unfilled positions were cut across the board at HQ. The positions were cut to save money. The cabinet were tasked to meet with their director to "brain storm" ideas to attract new staff. I think by now you can get the picture of 5 days of placements meetings with only a handful of applicants... :smilie_kool_aid: So the cabinet did multiple meetings with their director. Yipee. Did I mention that the cabinet have no control over hiring or firing and no avenue to promote being on staff? Ya. It was that lame.

The meetings were an exercise in futility and were totally devoid of substance. Anything that might actually help give incentives to get folks on staff was filtered out by the respective director because, after all, the reasons for coming on staff should be spiritual and not compensation based. In fact, there was one cabinet member who broached the topic during the first day of placements ,when input was requested in an open forum, of increasing incentives to make TWI staff positions more competitive and the individual was politely shut down by rosZilla only to be raked over the coals during several meetings / phone calls in the subsequent days.

The end result of all of this achieved two things. First, a sub-group was formed to produce a promotional DVD that was comprised of select staff who gave testimonials as to why they were on staff...blah, blah. It was epic fail and no tangible results. Second, the region coordinators were invited to attend placements in person again. It was a few years where they were involved via phone-hookup.

Well, I am laughing my butt off that no one is signing on as yet. Keep up the good work TWI, you seem to like attrition based on your stubborness to deal with your lack of incentives and lack of quality of life for your staff. :drink::dance:

On another note. Earlier in the 2000s there were always plenty of young people coming on staff. This really halted from backlash from four young staffers being fired for under age drinking. But here's the kicker. Tim Martindale was the ring leader of the party crowd at the time. He received no consequences for his involvement in the incident and the other kids were blamed for corrupting Tim. Which is laughable cause that boy was a party animal at the time. And to show how stupid Donna and Rosalie thought the kids were. Tim lived in Bowling Green at the time and had a room in founders hall even though he wasn't on staff. They let him keep his room but took his name off the door. :drink: Needless to say there were a lot of young, ....ed off staffers who left staff as a result of this blatant hypocrisy.

Subsequent years the influx of young people virtually dried up. Seems news traveled fast across those dwindled numbers of young people around the way of the USA. :dance::beer:

Here's my emoticon of Rosalie trying to figure out how to get people on staff = :asdf:

Edited by OldSkool

This reminds me of a classic "Dilbert" cartoon. (I would post the cartoon if I could find it.) It's an exchange between the Pointy-Haired Boss and Dilbert and Wally:

Boss: Our policy is to employ only the BEST technical professionals.

Dilbert: Question. Isn't it also our policy to base salaries on the industry AVERAGE?

Boss: Right. We like them bright but clueless.

Wally: I feel sorry for people like that.

In this case, I guess it would be "dedicated, and REALLY clueless," because the pay scale is well below "industry" average! :lol:

George

I thought I would add a little more. During placements 2007 the cabinet were basically blamed for there not being enough staff applications to fill all the open positions. Now, there were still loads of unfilled positions even after countless unfilled positions were cut across the board at HQ. The positions were cut to save money. The cabinet were tasked to meet with their director to "brain storm" ideas to attract new staff. I think by now you can get the picture of 5 days of placements meetings with only a handful of applicants...So the cabinet did multiple meetings with their director. Yipee. Did I mention that the cabinet have no control over hiring or firing and no avenue to promote being on staff? Ya. It was that lame.

The meetings were an exercise in futility and were totally devoid of substance. Anything that might actually help give incentives to get folks on staff was filtered out by the respective director because, after all, the reasons for coming on staff should be spiritual and not compensation based. In fact, there was one cabinet member who broached the topic during the first day of placements ,when input was requested in an open forum, of increasing incentives to make TWI staff positions more competitive and the individual was politely shut down by rosZilla only to be raked over the coals during several meetings / phone calls in the subsequent days.

The end result of all of this achieved two things. First, a sub-group was formed to produce a promotional DVD that was comprised of select staff who gave testimonials as to why they were on staff...blah, blah. It was epic fail and no tangible results. Second, the region coordinators were invited to attend placements in person again. It was a few years where they were involved via phone-hookup.

Well, I am laughing my butt off that no one is signing on as yet. Keep up the good work TWI, you seem to like attrition based on your stubborness to deal with your lack of incentives and lack of quality of life for your staff.

So.....even twi-innies do NOT believe that there is a spiritual compensation for working at hq. WOWsers!! This has got to be a new low for twi and rosalie's micro-management.....to stiff-arm the inside propaganda to work at the "spiritual epicenter of twi."

Seems that the highly prized staff wood-grained nametag is, now, a turd-brown

:mooner:

Being on Staff is a horrible experience. Lot's of work, little pay, very little appreciation for efforts made, cramped living quarters, forced participation in the STS, subtle and not so subtle coercion at every turn, and that is just the tip of the ice berg. Make no mistake, they have been hurting for Staff for a few years now and it seems like it's a problem they are stuck with. It's poetic justice.

I hated the constant pointlessness to everything. I mean everything. Behind every pointless activity there was a pointless reason and a series of pointless decisions with pointless reasons to justify the pointlessness.

Course I'm told I couldn't handle HQ because I never joined the Army.

I hated the constant pointlessness to everything. I mean everything. Behind every pointless activity there was a pointless reason and a series of pointless decisions with pointless reasons to justify the pointlessness.

Course I'm told I couldn't handle HQ because I never joined the Army.

What some call "pointless".......wierwille called spurt-ual. Heck, even scrubbing toilets with the love of God helps "word over the whole freakin world" doncha know? When the grass (at hq) is perfectly manicured and all of martindale's clothes were meticulously catalogued in his closet.....the devil spirit kindom had no place to infiltrate. The staff experience is one of striving to perfect the flesh while parroting the massive rhetoric.

Is donna still the department coordinator over the bucket brigade and toilet scrubbers?

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Is donna still the department coordinator over the bucket brigade and toilet scrubbers?

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

No. She is forever the wife of whoever the President is. Last I knew she was on the cabinet and was the housing officer. Basically, she functions as a silent partner. Her and Rosalie are REAL tight. She is also in all the director group meetings including the director annual meeting. So basically she is running TWI alongside Rosalie.

So.....even twi-innies do NOT believe that there is a spiritual compensation for working at hq. WOWsers!! This has got to be a new low for twi and rosalie's micro-management.....to stiff-arm the inside propaganda to work at the "spiritual epicenter of twi."

Seems that the highly prized staff wood-grained nametag is, now, a turd-brown

:mooner:

When I was around you could basically divide the cabinet into two camps. The ones who would blindly follow whatever Rosalie said and really believe the bull, or those who would do their jobs and have lots of discontent sessions with their peers. There was quite a few of them that hated what was going on as well but lacked the integrity to leave.

Old SKool you said they "lacked the integrity to leave"...

Lets delve a little deeper into that shall we? I personally know @ 6 couples still on staff today..

here are some ''reasons'' they think they can't leave, even if they were tempted to and /or hate it there...

*too old ~ most are 50/60's and wouldn't dare try to start over in the real world. No real experiece, lack 401k..... They are scared too death! retirement and empty Way promises are within reach...

*too veiled ~ most cannot see past the way colored glasses to see that the research is a joke and many of their beliefs are built on sand.

again, scared to death! forget that" all people sin anywhere you go"....the real issue is that it is all a lie.

*too arrogant~ they think they can change it even if its stinks. I am thinking white seplecures here..

*too prideful ~ who wants to admit that what they believed for so long could possibly be wrong? I mean what would the neighbors think?

* too stupid~ going back out to the real world means actually try to stand up for what you believe in. Most on staff don't have to /nor have they ''witnessed'' in a long time... they are also ignorant in real world issues. What has ''the Way done for Haiti? Helping the poor, widows, orphans......???"They can't answer these.

It's sad. But even if they saw ''bad stuff happen'' , disagree with decisions, are unmotivated, uninspired, and broke, most will stay.

There is a figurative leash around their necks and it makes it hard to escape.

That leash is the "hope" that the next MOG is just waiting around the corner to rescue them from their despair...

Old SKool you said they "lacked the integrity to leave"...

Lets delve a little deeper into that shall we? I personally know @ 6 couples still on staff today..

here are some ''reasons'' they think they can't leave, even if they were tempted to and /or hate it there...

*too old ~ most are 50/60's and wouldn't dare try to start over in the real world. No real experiece, lack 401k..... They are scared too death! retirement and empty Way promises are within reach...

*too veiled ~ most cannot see past the way colored glasses to see that the research is a joke and many of their beliefs are built on sand.

again, scared to death! forget that" all people sin anywhere you go"....the real issue is that it is all a lie.

*too arrogant~ they think they can change it even if its stinks. I am thinking white seplecures here..

*too prideful ~ who wants to admit that what they believed for so long could possibly be wrong? I mean what would the neighbors think?

* too stupid~ going back out to the real world means actually try to stand up for what you believe in. Most on staff don't have to /nor have they ''witnessed'' in a long time... they are also ignorant in real world issues. What has ''the Way done for Haiti? Helping the poor, widows, orphans......???"They can't answer these.

It's sad. But even if they saw ''bad stuff happen'' , disagree with decisions, are unmotivated, uninspired, and broke, most will stay.

There is a figurative leash around their necks and it makes it hard to escape.

That leash is the "hope" that the next MOG is just waiting around the corner to rescue them from their despair...

You have some great points. I have a little more empathy towards the average innie since some of them are stuck in a variety of situations. I'm a little less understanding towards the cabinet and other top leadership who see first hand the hypocrisy and corruption that happens with the board of directors. So many of them lack a backbone. I can say that I stood on my principals and fought them tooth and nail. And I also left that outfit because I could not stomach the hypocrisy, or promote that organization with a clear conscience.

One has to actually apply for a staff job?

Can't they just order Corps to do the work? Make that their assignment?

(Maybe they could just short-circuit those people and write "DNR" - sorry, "DFAC" on their Corps jackets, as the assignees would soon quit)

Or maybe there just aren't that many Corps left anymore.

One has to actually apply for a staff job?

Can't they just order Corps to do the work? Make that their assignment?

Or maybe there just aren't that many Corps left anymore.

We have a winner... There aren't that many Corps left! And the few that are on the field would go kicking and screaming if forced to go back to HQ... They know! Oh, do they know...