GreaseSpot Cafe

POLL: Your Behavior In TWI

Zixar

Regardless of how you now feel about the leadership or doctrines of TWI, how do you honestly feel about your own behavior resulting from your involvement with TWI?

The Secret Signature of the Day has been cancelled by the HTML Police.

Or so the Germans would have us believe...

Well I almost put down that I wanted to forget it all, but I don't want to forget my bad experiences. Ya know?

I think Im more ashamed, but not so much what I did to people, just ashamed of my own narrow minded stupidity and how long it took me to wake up.

But better late than never I suppose.

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

Well, actually, nobody got blessed by me via TWI.

I guess I really didn't harm anyone either, maybe because I was willing to respect a person's individual conviction rather than try to convince him/her of the "truth".

The whole experience would end up a waste of my time, so I'd just soon forget the whole thing. On a side note, I guess the only redeeming thing about this is I did make a few friends.

Chuck

I voted ashamed. I am ashamed that I did what was told me to not talk or see someone.

My dearest friend and a person I loved as a brother I turned my back on because I was told that he was 'out of fellowship'. I feel deeply ashamed that I did this to him.

I got to see him after I left twi at a meeting. I happened upon his wife first. She told me that he had been deeply hurt by me. So I approached him and deeply apologized. You know what this guy did? He cried. I still think about him and still am ashamed that I treated a person I loved so badly.

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

I didn't vote, maybe because I don't really know how I feel about the whole thing. I can't say I'm glad, but I'm not ashamed of too much either. I wasn't a meanie, that I am sure of. I was more likely to side with the underdog in any given situation. And lotza times I was labelled as a "troublemaker" simply for bringing up contradictions in "teachings," and actions. And pointing out that the persecuted person/viewpoint actually had a point. I just wish I hadn't compromised so much in favor of the organization, which I thought to be "Christian."

I guess if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't. Or maybe I would? I don't know....

I didn't vote either.

None of choices really reflect my take on my WayWorld tenure.

I do echo some of the other posters points though. I'm ashamed of my time "in" only because of how it highlights how gullible and naive I was. Sort of like having not only bought a "Pocket Fisherman", but then proclaiming to the world (for YEARS) what a wonderful device it truly was.

VPW and Ron Popeil - seperated at birth?

geo.

didn't vote either, still unsure...I did however after I left husband and twi (or vice versa) Call those that I could, apologize for the havoc wrecked upon them by me via my waybrained self. Most of them where loving and none of them where "standing" with the way. I was applauded and lauded being part of a wow family that ran non-stop classes, and just racked up numbers-we where pushed to do more, even. I now get it-I was very young, relativly attractive, and come from a long line of irish car salesmen and could talk 50% of the population into sitting through hours of anything....why I didn't notice that 90% of our grad's where male...and why I never questioned the tactics used (dangle cute chick like bait) still am amazed at my buying into the deal, but suppose we all are, that's why this is helpful to post and etc.

• 9 years later...

Regardless of how you now feel about the leadership or doctrines of TWI, how do you honestly feel about your own behavior resulting from your involvement with TWI?

Interesting question.

I wish I had been stronger and more of an independent thinker back then.

Regretfully, I let go of friends and opportunities that would have been more life enhancing than the hard hearted callous arrogant egotistical uneducated leaders I sided with.

I apologized to a woman I had said some stupid things to that badly confused her. We are friends to this day.

I ran into another woman who I had been afraid to apologize to but knew I should. She went out of her way to be so nice and kind to me that it made the whole thing a non issue. She had already forgiven me and made sure I knew. It was awesome, she was awesome.

I'm not proud of some of my behavior back then, definitely not. But I'm thankful for God's grace. I finally figured it out and started living a better life.

I'm much stronger and know how to think independently once I got away from it all. No longer the young person looking for direction from self serving narcissists.

I did all I could do to serve the Lord by serving His people. I did all I knew to do to be a good wife and mother and Christian all together. I did all I could figure out to do.

I think I got what I paid for: The relationship with the Lord and with the folks that really were my friends.

Fred passed away, and I know for sure he is with the Lord reaping the just rewards of his life, and I hope the same for me and my family and friends and other loved ones.

I did all I could do to serve the Lord by serving His people. I did all I knew to do to be a good wife and mother and Christian all together. I did all I could figure out to do.

I think I got what I paid for: The relationship with the Lord and with the folks that really were my friends.

Fred passed away, and I know for sure he is with the Lord reaping the just rewards of his life, and I hope the same for me and my family and friends and other loved ones.

Sorry to hear about Fred- sounds like someone you were close to. Glad you have good friends and a good relationship with the lord.

No poll with this - but I was earnest and passionate to begin with; learned to become hard and overly demanding in the corps; had a good WoW year but I wish I'd been kinder to my WoW family and not expected so much of them; then after that TWI started going for me and life became abject misery and utter confusion.

I've learned a lot about kindness and compassion since then. Oh, and peace of mind. Thank God.

• 2 weeks later...

I vote 'Learning experience and a time of making good friends'. I also throw away this stupid guilt trip/control that some people try to set up over others. Quite devious and malevolent of them too, no matter what you say your motivation is. :evildenk:

• 3 years later...