GreaseSpot Cafe

bin Laden is Dead

krys

I wonder what his last thoughts were as he saw 2 dozen Navy Seals pouring through his house with guns ablazin'...

...They claim that they buried him quickly (at sea) as to respect Islamic traditions and beliefs...I think I would have let Dubbya Bush ride down Pennsylvania Ave on a horse with bin laden's head on the end of a stick...

Osama bin Laden was met at The Pearly Gates by George Washington,

who slapped him across the face and yelled, "How dare you try to destroy the nation I helped conceive!"

Patrick Henry approached, punched him in the nose and shouted, "You wanted to end our liberties but you failed."

James Madison followed, kicked him in the groin and said, "This is why I allowed our government to provide for the common defense!"

Thomas Jefferson was next, he beat Osama with a long cane and snarled, "It was evil men like you who inspired me to write the Declaration of Independence."

The beatings and thrashings continued as George Mason, James Monroe and 66 other early Americans unleashed their anger on the terrorist leader.

As Osama was dragged to his final, flaming reward, he saw an angel.

Bin Laden shouted, "This is not what you promised me!"

The Angel replied, "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you in Heaven. What did you think I said?"

Personally, I'd have liked to see them capture him, hold him until the new Freedom Tower is built at ground zero, them make him jump out one of the top story windows like so many people did from the World Trade Center. But that's just me. I'm ok with the double tap to the brain, too.

I like your joke WordWolf! I like it so much I'm gonna steal it. With love in my heart of course, so it's not really stealing. I hope that didn't sound bitter.

There has been no proof offered of bin Laden's killing. This Administration also took four years to "release" the president's birth certificate, which has been regarded as a fake by numerous forensic experts. A large number of Americans still do not believe that he is Constitutionally eligible to hold the office. As the days unfold, the president still has not released proof positive of the bin Laden operation. His advisors do not want to release pictures, they say, fearing the peaceful Muslim religion will retaliate with a vengeance. How brave they are until they have to provide the world with their evidence.

From a Christian reporter in Washington I received this:

Bin Laden was given a full Muslim funeral on the USS Carl Vinson. In accordance with Islamic practice, his body was carefully washed and wrapped in a white sheet. A Muslim cleric reportedly read from the Koran. All of this, according to unnamed sources at the White House and Pentagon, was done to avoid outraging Muslims worldwide.

This is political correctness run amok! From the day he took office, President Obama and his top officials have insisted that Al Qaeda and the other jihadist organizations have nothing to do with authentic Islam. They insist that bin Laden is trying to hijack Islam, which is, they assure us, a religion of peace. They have pointed out that bin Laden himself is responsible for the deaths of thousands of Muslims in terror attacks on mosques teaching a brand of Islam he rejects. Then the Obama Administration honors bin Laden by burying him in accordance with Islamic law! Why would they do so if he was hijacking Islam?

Many American families never received remains of their loved ones killed at Ground Zero. They did not have the opportunity to lovingly prepare the bodies of their dead for burial. Prisoners taken by Al Qaeda and their allies are not only brutally murdered, their bodies are routinely defiled.

We are not barbarians, and I am not suggesting that we treat dead jihadists the way they treat our dead. But it is disgusting to give a mass murderer like bin Laden a burial in accordance to the dictates of Islam. The Obama Administration is still clueless and continues its pandering to the "Muslim world." (Gary Bauer)

spacer.gif

Edited by Kit Sober

I'm glad justice has been served and I think the operation was necessary. In the overall scheme of things, though, it doesn't mean much. Terrorism still exists; there are still plenty of people who hate the U.S., some of which are American citizens, and there still is much danger ahead for our country. I had the same reaction when the Berlin Wall fell. People at that time were talking about what a safer world we lived in since the Soviet threat had been neutralized. Were we safer? No. Tyranny just came in another form.

I don't mean in any way to demean the role and courage of our military. In fact I honor them. Nor do I underplay the importance of the mission itself because I think it was necessary. I'm just not rejoicing in the streets crying "victory!"

I hope this is appropriate for this forum. Advise if it is not, please.

Broken Arrow- Yes, your post is appropriate. Thank you for asking.

It is not the topic that I suggest is out of line with the "no-politics" policy, but comments pro or con regarding the character of the politicians involved. An announcement of worldwide import is allowed and welcome. After all, we each live in an interconnected world. Comments such as yours which stick to the importance of that event are fine. Unfortunately it is easy to cross the (admittedly undefined) line between discussing the event and discussing the politicians involved.

My cautionary post above was meant to point out that there is a more appropriate place that welcomes opinionated views regarding the President, Congress, laws and their characters.

This thread has at least one post specifically supporting a politician (a poster/pic mentioning President Obama his birth certificate and Bin Laden) and one counter post questioning the character of the President and his associates. I would like to see it left at that. It is far too easy for future responses to start becoming personal here, and that is what we would like to avoid. The other site was set up to handle that type of discussion.

I would like NOT to carry on a discussion in this thread regarding what the politics policy should be, I only wanted to be cautionary regarding that fine line before posts crossed over it.

Regards, Modgellan

It is rather disturbing that there has been a different version of events each day since the killing.

Whatever kudos might (or might not) be attributable to the operation, it's losing "cred" with each version.

I can rejoice that he can't scheme and finagle and cause any more harm to people.

I can't rejoice that he's dead.

Clearly a man of talent, ability and passion. A leader. A strategist. Regrettably all channeled in the wrong direction. It so much easier to fight against something. Imagine how it could have been, if he'd taken that talent, ability and passion and used that to bring advances to his own country. If he'd thrown his money at building better housing, sanitation, job opportunities, etc at the young people of his country - instead of throwing the young people of his country (and other countries) to murder and injure ordinary people going about their business.

What a waste.

Live by the sword (or bullet, or explosion) - die by the sword, bullet or explosion. He reaped what he had sown.

• Upvote 1

There is a forum on another site where political discussion such as the comment by Kit and a few others may be freely exchanged. This forum at GSC is not that place. Here is the address of that site: http://www.bluzecent...itics/index.php

Modgellan...ouch!...It's not like the GreaseSpot Cafe is "What it used to be" in number of posts and excitement...why stomp out a little lively discussion here...especially when it's so rare nowadays?

Modgellan...ouch!...It's not like the GreaseSpot Cafe is "What it used to be" in number of posts and excitement..

Dang Greasespot Cafe cop outs! They'll be Greasespot greasespots by midnight!

sudo (or maybe not :biglaugh:)