GreaseSpot Cafe

Buh byeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!

T-Bone

Hi Grease Spotters !

This is my last post. The Grease Spot Café is extremely helpful for anyone who wants to be free of the harmful and controlling cult, The Way International. And not just to be clear of their physical influence but also unencumbered by their twisted ideology. One must also unravel the insidious nature of their doctrine and practice that becomes embedded in the mind. I was unaware of the intellectual and emotional baggage that had festered – even after I had left the cult - - until  I came to The Grease Spot Café.

By my own estimate, I think I overstayed my welcome here by about 16 years.

I’ve come to realize I have not always kept my wits about me - and often   my  participation here has brought out the worst in me.

For me – and I can’t emphasize this enough – for me -  The Grease Spot Café became a rabbit hole. For me it developed into an intricate and convoluted labyrinth of assorted feedback and I let it take up way too much of my time trying to sort through options and possible resolutions.

I wish everyone well.

Sincerely

T-Bone

T-Bone,

As I read back through different threads, I find so many posts of yours that have taught spiritual truths about a myriad of topics that I have found to be very helpful.  Your sharing about the Socratic method was new to me in context of an open forum and your humour was always the cherry on top to finish things off.  All God's best to you and your family in everything the comes your way. 

Peace,

Charity

Sorry you feel the need to leave, T-Bone.  Do look in on us from time to time.  Your wit and wisdom will be sorely missed.

I will PM you.

All the best to you, T-Bone! Take good care of yourself and enjoy your life's journey.

Cheers,

Charlene

On 7/10/2023 at 10:54 AM, T-Bone said:

Hi Grease Spotters !

This is my last post. The Grease Spot Café is extremely helpful for anyone who wants to be free of the harmful and controlling cult, The Way International. And not just to be clear of their physical influence but also unencumbered by their twisted ideology. One must also unravel the insidious nature of their doctrine and practice that becomes embedded in the mind. I was unaware of the intellectual and emotional baggage that had festered – even after I had left the cult - - until  I came to The Grease Spot Café.

By my own estimate, I think I overstayed my welcome here by about 16 years.

I’ve come to realize I have not always kept my wits about me - and often   my  participation here has brought out the worst in me.

For me – and I can’t emphasize this enough – for me -  The Grease Spot Café became a rabbit hole. For me it developed into an intricate and convoluted labyrinth of assorted feedback and I let it take up way too much of my time trying to sort through options and possible resolutions.

I wish everyone well.

Sincerely

T-Bone

We must be led down a rabbit hole by someone, and we have to ultimately decide to follow them down the hole, just like we followed VPW down his rabbit hole called TWI.

After awhile it should have become obvious there are several rabbit hole “leaders” who post on GSC, and their intentions are only to disrupt the thread. They will twist just enough of the subject with the idea of only inticing others to bite and take the bait. Once hooked, apparently the gullible actually believe they can point out the errors to the “leader” of his/her posts, and he ar she will miraculously thank them for the correction.

But instead, the “leader” slightly twists the subject a bit more, and drag the firmly hooked, further down and around the hole. After days and pages of postings, that have accomplished absolutely nothing, the hooked finally give up in exasperation, but seem to only wait for their “leaders” to throw out the next bone for them to chop on, and the crazy arguments continue again.

Could it be that we have some of the same, still within us, that allowed a man to lead us into his cult and control our lives for years and decades? Do we still need to be led by another?

Or might another possibilty might be, after several decades of posting on GSC, there are simply no new subjects to discuss about TWI? We have dug up postings begun twenty plus years ago, and put a new twist on them. Do we need to run down rabbit holes to keep things interesting day to day on GSC? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1