GreaseSpot Cafe

What would bring you the most satisfaction from posting here?

ChasUFarley

Thinking a lot today about why I still post after being out for six years and what I hope to accomplish by it...

Yeah, I got quite a life outside of GSC today, BUT this is still a part of it. I hope that my posting gives someone a chance to see that change is possible - that there is life outside of TWI. I hope that maybe someone who knew me from TWI will contact me - and that's happened several times over already. But most of all I hope to be sand in TWI's zipper - to cause them discomfort and loss, by talking about my experiences, as that's what they ended up accomplishing with me and many others.

How about you?

You're out (or thinking about getting out or you wouldn't be here)....

You've moved on (at least, I hope so.) ....

You're posting here or about to post here....

What does or what would bring you THE MOST SATISFACTION by posting here and having your posts read?

For me, it's a simple answer that was beyond even conceiving...but when it first happened, it became THE MOST SASTIFYING...

Being a part of and watching the whole thing while we all grow up and out of those places we've been...and forward and onward to the places we are going...

Where we were before twi...

Where we were while in twi...

Where we were when leaving twi...

Where we were way back in the day of trancechat...

Where we are now...

Where we are going...

It's just SO SATISFYING to participate and watch it all happen.

:D Kewl thread. :D

I get the most satisfaction by knowing I can say whatever I want. I couldn't do that in TWI. This even carries over to my participation in spinoffs: if I were to get kicked out of a spinoff for being too vocal....oh well. Being able to express your honest opinion is very satisfying.

I have met some very, very, VERY wonderful folks here.

Some I have met face to face, others I know by *screen-name* only.

It's all y'all that bring me here.

My biggest satisfaction is finally finding the family that twi promised,

but didn't deliver on. :)

Midnight has come and gone, and we are here to tell the story!

I always thought I was a good listener and could help people. I think that is why I went as far as I did in twi as quick as I could in twi (to help people). Well twi squashed that out of me. The people or for the most part are just super people here. I would always be willing to help people here and if I needed help I would ask people here at GSC. I think it would be very hard for people to understand what we have gone through.

I would have to say my main reason for being here is as ChasUFarley said "But most of all I hope to be sand in TWI's zipper - to cause them discomfort and loss, by talking about my experiences, as that's what they ended up accomplishing with me and many others. " Maybe just maybe if we could all be sand in there zipper as I think we are and leave them exposed. So when people see the exposure, they will point and laugh. Never to become a member or to leave that cornfield cult. :dance:

"What would bring you the most satisfaction from posting here?"

For me it's the satisfaction of contributing or helping someone learn some truth about Jesus Christ and other areas of God's word that TWI taught wrong or didn't teach at all.

To see folks free themselves of the bondage of the controlling and not very godly cult called TWI.

To help those that have left TWI but are still idolizing Wierwille and his erroneous doctrines to be free from that bondage.

I also enjoy some good dialogue and fellowship from posting here, and I've learned from others who post here too.

Those are my most satisfying reasons for posting.

Edited by Outin88.

What brings me the most satisfaction is the same thing that has inspired me since the very first day that Ex-twi opened the door to Waydale:

To bring "an insider's view of the Way International and it's board of trustees," and to expose their evil, devilish teachings and practices to the world.............especially those still involved.

ror

My biggest satisfaction is finally finding the family that twi promised,

but didn't deliver on. :)

David, I concur! :D

I remember when I first found WayDale and how scared I was to even be reading the things I was reading. I was scared to death that I was going to get possessed - that my husband would "know" - that I would get M&A and lose my husband - that I would get cancer or something horrible was going to happen. It was a paralyzing fear and I was petrified, but I couldn't stop reading.

The people who were posting were confirming my fears, my concerns, and telling me even more than I ever imagined. If there wasn't a WayDale (and then GSpot), I might STILL be involved and I hate to think of how mentally unstable, unhealthy and miserable I would be by now. If y'all weren't posting and telling your stories and discussing all the things that you were discussing about TWI there wouldn't be a WayDale or GSpot. :love3:

I have seen the same topics come up so many times and people don't complain about it because it's new ears and eyes. It's too important, imo, to leave it to the new people to go looking through the archives. Most wouldn't, but for people to willingly discuss these things in the present, is the best way to help those who need it. Besides that, some of us change our opinion, have more insight than we did the first time we discussed or learned something new and have a chance to share it. :)

I just remember how scared I was - how confused - how hurt and you helped me. So many of you helped me that don't even realize it or know. I should tell you, but now there are so many of you, I couldn't possibly, besides that, words just don't seem to convey enough how very thankful I am that you posted and that you continue posting.

I also relish the freedom, now, to get involved in the "fun" aspects of GSpot. When I had to hide my identity I couldn't participate in Weenie Roasts, GSpot meetings and parties, personal prayer requests, etc. Like Raf said, I like y'all.....BUNCHES!!

I want to give back now that I'm in a position to be able to. I want to help those who are just getting here and starting the journey back to their authentic selves and to peace, joy and happiness because those things just aren't "available" in TWI. I'm still learning, growing and figuring things out, but I have to give now whereas all I could do for years was take from here.

What brings me the most satisfaction is the same thing that has inspired me since the very first day that Ex-twi opened the door to Waydale:

To bring "an insider's view of the Way International and it's board of trustees," and to expose their evil, devilish teachings and practices to the world.............especially those still involved.

ror

Amen to that!

I have been out of twi for nearly 20 years now. (I was involved for 13, including my corps experience)...Everyone here offers a unique perspective of twi. No two experiences were exactly the same...the combined experiences of the many posters here, presents not only an "insiders view" but an "overview" as well. When all the various posts are read collectively, a definite picture begins to emerge...

...I receive satisfaction from being a part of it. Knowing that some "innies" are reading what I post...maybe, helping them to "rethink" a few things...

For those have recently left twi, let me assure you that there is life after twi...a better life.

Why do I do it now,

or what would give me the most satisfaction?

Why I do it now.....

At this moment, there is someone who was kicked out of twi who

was told that all other Christians were scum, that life outside of

twi equals death, that anything bad in twi is only WORSE outside of

twi. He's feeling like life is over since he failed to grovel convincingly,

or just got sick and tired of being sick and tired.

At this moment, there is someone who is suffering their way through

twi. She's desperately hoping that SOMETHING will change, but nothing

ever does. She was taught that other Christians were scume, that life

outside of twi equals death, that it's always worse outside of twi.

At this moment, there's someone who's just heard of twi for the

first time.

I post for all of them. :)

What would please me most....

Seeing an announcement that everyone left twi, 100% of the

rank-and-file, leaving them with an empty auditorium and some

buildings, and the IRS would like a word with them about their

status as a non-profit.

Similar to others, I also am personally concerned that others who are in twi will be

looking for someone to confirm the questions and conflicts with twi they are having internally.

Because of my background, my involvement, what I was exposed to, and the relative

recentness of our exodus from twi (yeah, the WayGB are probably putting all these

details together to discover who Patriot is - so what!), I believe that I have much to

offer others who will be leaving now or in the future.

As I have said to many of my friends (in and out), Mrs. Patriot and I have been in the

process of leaving twi for years. It's kind of like how the sun comes up - gradual and not

from night to noon in a second. There are people inside who are also in that gradual process.

Maybe now it is the debt issue. Later it may be the "exclusiveness" they live in (i.e.believers are

in twi and everyone else is an unbeliever). Then the boredom, repetitiveness,

micro management, etc. All along the way, they may be "looking at the forbidden"

websites, and, POOF - there is someone thoughtfully articulating exactly what they

think and feel. How many of you, and I have been there? Well, it is my turn to help.

Helping and serving others......that seems pretty patriotic to me!

Edited by Patriot

Once you have overcome the "cult experience", you are like the "bridge builder" from the old poem...you stand at the crosswords where people are lost and scared and aren't certain what road to take...you hold out your hand and say "this way brother..."

So many of us know what they are going through...and if WE can't help them, who can? We've been there...we understand.

Even after all these years, I still stand ready...ready to extend help to anyone who has been hurt by twi...anyone who needs to talk...who needs a friend (no strings attached).

Shakin' twi out of your head takes time...but when you finally emerge out of waybrain...life begins in earnest...and it's MUCH better.

Here's that poem:

"The Bridge Builder, by Will Allen Dromgrode, 1934

An old man, going a lone highway

Came at the evening, cold and gray,

To a chasm, vast and deep and wide,

Through which was a flowing sullen tide.

The old man crossed in the twilight dim;

But he turned when safe on the other side

And built a bridge to span the tide.

'Old man', said a fellow pilgrim near,

'You are wasting strength with building here.

Your journey will end with the ending day.

You never again must pass this way.

You have crossed the chasm, deep and wide--

Why build you a bridge at eventide?'

The builder lifted his old, gray head:

'Good friend, in the path I have come,' he said,

'There followeth after me today

A youth whose feet must pass this way.

This chasm that has been naught to me

To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be.

He, Too, must cross in the twilight dim.

Good friend, I am building a bridge for him.' "

One of the most satisfying experiences for me on Waydale was posting MY chicken killing story after I read Groucho's and realized that he and I were in the same chicken murdering twig and yes, I WAS THERE. :D

It was my first post on the net, after years of lurking, and I was hooked after that.

Edited by ex10

the same chicken murdering twig and yes, I WAS THERE. :D

Well, it's not really murder ... those chickens were guilty as hell, you could tell just looking in their beedy little eyes :unsure:

I heard about the chicken butcherings ... was it with the funnels for the heads and the gutter for the blood? chop chop CHOP LOL ... Seemed pretty efficient to me.

But I agree, the best part is contacting old friends ... just a note is nice ... from the good ones anyway ... no bad guys have contacted me ... :dance:

I'd have to admit I like to hear about the details of the bad stuff sometimes too... confirming that the injustices I knew about were widespread and systemic ...

Edited by rhino