GreaseSpot Cafe

Wonderful!

shortfuse

Everyday I hear wonderful people describing our wonderful ministry with such wonderful adjectives as "wonderful". Some wonderful day soon I will snap and I'm going to put my wonderfully large foot up their wonderful @ss!

Note to TWI wonderful watchdogs: You're killing me. Find another modifier! It's called a Thesaurus, you might want to check into it.

Edited by shortfuse

So many terrific words to choose from... could it be that Rosey enjoys the use of 'wonderful'? She seems to be the kind of woman that would like to use 'pleasing' :biglaugh:

Gosh Belle, just seeing your post... How about Fabulously Pleasing?

Sounds like Mr Rogers to me. He lived in a wonderful neighborhood.

..."and how about that Way Productions song, that was wonderul!"

gee Shortfuse, I could give you at least 50 better reasons for leaving...................

but, hey, I've been there with the lingo thing.

The word ''prevail'' gets my blood boiling... :realmad:

:blink:

Isn't he wonderful wonderful wonderful isn't Jesus my Lord wonderful?

My 9th grade English teacher had vocabulary day once a month. She had this high pitched annoying voice. She'd say, "Today's vocabulary word is lackadaisical. LACK-a DAIsical. I LIKE that word. AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

I did drugs for 8 years and I never met anyone with mood swings like her's. That couldn't have been just PMS.

Wonderful!?!?!?!?! :blink:

I think most of the time, they didn't even mean it!

Probably just a cover-up for how miserable they are!

(You know, you never talked about what it was that was ailing you!) :yawn1::asdf:

HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING ELSE!

Edited by lori

I agree, Lori.

I don't think I know anyone that uses wonderful anymore, or at least not without being sarcastic. Oh wonderful, now I get to go to the DMV.

Shorty,

Foot in the a$$? Are you planning on removing their head first, or you just gonna go for the two-fer? A much better use of your feet....you know what these boots were made for.

Edited by lindyhopper

"wonderful" like simple words like holy and the Lord Jesus can become like xhit when spoken through a mouthful of that stuff, which imho, the twi mouth was like.

Lawrence Welk could speak wonderful and it was truly wonder-ful, because that's what he was, wonder-ful -- full of the wonder of life, full of the wonder of making people happy and giving a pleasant time of light hearted entertainment (also light in the sense that the light of his life was the Lord Jesus).

So many words have become for ex-twi people dirty and xhitty because of the xhit-filled hearts and mouths of that place.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water, and don't throw out the words, which are often good words, because they were heard too much from a mouthful of dirt. Throw out the dirt (and hurt) of twi.

Hopefully,

Everyday I hear wonderful people describing our wonderful ministry with such wonderful adjectives as "wonderful". Some wonderful day soon I will snap and I'm going to put my wonderfully large foot up their wonderful @ss!

Note to TWI wonderful watchdogs: You're killing me. Find another modifier! It's called a Thesaurus, you might want to check into it.

Maybe TWI’s usage of “wonderful” is how an Italian Snake Oil Salesman refers to his customers “One-a-fool born every minute.”

If it's "wonderful", where and what are the "wonders"?

And the signs and miracles, come to that.

How about FABULOUS? A lot of the men I know use that quite a bit.

That reminds me of another pet peeve. Thesaurus abuse. "Manifold, verigated, multifarous, greatness of his wonderful loving goodness."

..."and how about that Way Productions song, that was wonderul!"

gee Shortfuse, I could give you at least 50 better reasons for leaving...................

but, hey, I've been there with the lingo thing.

The word ''prevail'' gets my blood boiling...

That's probably true. It's nice to vent a bit. 50 reasons, eh? Perhaps I will ask you to name them.

Shortfuse,

Are you still in?

Nottawayfer,

Are you some kind of detective? You seem to be hot on the trail. Read my posts.

Fabulous...I am a man and I have never and will never use the word Fabulous.

How about "unbelievable" yes, Our Unbelievable ministry is so unbelievablable, why it's unbelievable!!

I'm with you on this, OT. I like to insert an expletive into the word as in un-*@#%-believable or unbe-*@#%-lievable

If it's "wonderful", where and what are the "wonders"?

And the signs and miracles, come to that.

I wonder.

How about Doctor Who/Chris Ecclestron's "Fantastic"?

"wonderful" like simple words like holy and the Lord Jesus can become like xhit when spoken through a mouthful of that stuff, which imho, the twi mouth was like.

Kit Sober's evil nemesis - Vic NotSober... Sorry Kit I couldn't resist

"Thesaurus Abuse" ----rotflmaopmp!!!

I think you've coined a new phrase, Shortfuse.

Thesaurus Abuse ==> the over-vocabularizing of a sentence by expressing every possible discriptor available so as to clarify your meaning, with the end result that your original point is lost among a string of adjectives and adverbs that make it sound as if you are reading straight from a thesaurus.

i wil not let twi take the word wonderful away form me

i think the world is wonderful

i have wonderful kids

a wonderful wife

wonderful friends and relations

i belong to a wonderful club who dose wonderful things for our community

oh did i say i am wonderful and i think you are to :beer:

and i think it is wonderfull of you for forgiving me for misspelling wonderfull