GreaseSpot Cafe

BAD NEWS

templelady

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prayers are also with you! (((((((((((((((((((mo)))))))))))))))))))

God Bless you dear!

Sudo is right--it hasn't ruptured yet!!

I am calmer. The appointment nurse is busy trying to get me scheduled at Providence Hospital for surgery ASAP.

I have talked to the social worker here and she says they will definitely hold my room here for 5 days and arraingments can be made for longer. I have made it clear, that having experienced the after surgery care at Providence Hospital and the care here at Providence Extended Care Center, I want to be back here as quickly as possible. I figure one day for surgery and three days for them to make sure the stiches are holding etc. Then I can come back here and finish up recovery from the latest surgery and then resume learning to walk etc.

This surgery will not be as traumatic as the last one. It won't be rushed under emergency conditons. I heal fairly quickly and have already made up my mind that I will be pushing myself to sit on the edge of the bed etc. so they will discharge me back to PECC quickly.

When I came here from Providence the first time I could barely feed myself and was totally helpless in ALL other areas. That was the 13th of March. Now, aside from the walking issues, I do practically everything necessary for my care by myself or with very minimal assistance. Coming back to the computer lounge, just now from PT, I walked 175 feet with one of the therapists at my side without a cane or other assistance. I wobbled twice but stayed on my feet. In addition, I have lost 60 lbs plus my blood pressure is now 114/61 as opposed to the 142/90 it was in March. I think that because I am much better physical shape and have a much better mental attitude this surgery should go pretty well.

Thank you all for your prayers, support and love. Unless you have been in the kind of situation that I have found myself in during the last 4 months, you really have no idea just how much the knowledge that others care about you does for your general physical and mental well being

God bless you all, my friends

Maureen "mo"

Edited by templelady