GreaseSpot Cafe

8 Years

pawtucket

On April 21st, GreaseSpot Cafe will celebrate it's 8th Anniversary. It quietly opened it's doors in the shadow of Waydale, which was still running strong. The first year was very expermental and relatively quiet. The posts that we now get in an hour were what we got in a week back then.

By the 1st anniversary, It was a full fledged site. More than a forum, it had a document section and life looked good for GS.

Over the years, we have shared, argued, hugged, pushed and survived. The journey has not always been a smooth one, but no one ever said it would be. I, personally, have had loved most of the journey. But there have been times that I wanted to stop doing it. Inevitably, someone would email me thanking me for the site, telling me about their journey to freedom. Those stories are the ones that I cling to and look at everytime that I want to pull the plug

I've met many people and forged lifetime friendships. I know all too many people by their screennames only and when I see them in real life, I tend to call them by that than their real names.

I've made many mistakes and will continue to do so. I always try to make this place a reasonably sane place to post and share. As in any community, we have a mix of people and each adds their own bit to the mix.

I have been considering the future of GS. How long can I do it? I don't know. I have mixed feelings between the good that the site does and my personal life and it's goals. I have looked very closely and realize that I have things in my life that I want to accomplish. At times, the two seem at cross purposes. And then someone comes along and points out this or that and it energizes me until the next examination of the soul. I will be honest, I did seriously consider closing, but I have to think outside of my own needs on this matter. I will commit to another year. And, God willing, I will attain some of my personal goals to energize me to go longer. I think that GS is still serving a vital purpose.

On the brighter side, I've been holding a podcast in my back pocket for about a month. I've been chomping at the bit to put it out. It is finally ready. I won't tell you anything more, but this one is a doozie. I should have the podcast up sometime this evening.

I would be remiss to not thank the many that work behind the scenes. The moderators and techie guy really keep this boat afloat. And the number of you that I call at all hours and you still answer with caller ID!!! All I can say is thanks.

So tip a mug or a glass to the 8th Anniversary of Greasespot Cafe!!

Edited by pawtucket

Over the years many people have come and gone. And some have left then later have come back.

Many have talked about there sorrows and happiness that they have gone through along life's journey.

There have been debates from philosofical, to political, to spirtual/relegious, relationships and day to day practical issues.

Comfort has been given and received. Help in all areas of life have been given and received. And yes, feeling have been hurt and tempers have flared.

There is a place to ask for prayers and to pray for people. There is a place where we can try to connect with people we have lost touch with.

We are a comunity with different opinions on many different subjects. And this is celebrated. For some this is/was the beginning of thinking outside a small box of beliefs and doctrins that have proved to be questionable.

This has been a place of where some have started the process of healing from mental and spirtual wounds. This is a place where people have talked about there experiences (both good and bad).

In short, Paw, thanks for putting up this site and keeping it up.

On April 21st, GreaseSpot Cafe will celebrate it's 8th Anniversary.

I will commit to another year.

So tip a mug or a glass to the 8th Anniversary of Greasespot Cafe!!

So, we should start wheedling and cajoling again in late March? :D

It's hard to say "I speak for everyone here..." at this site, considering the extreme spectrum of viewpoints; but I think I speak for everyone here when I say

THANKS, PAW! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

George

It's hard to say "I speak for everyone here..." at this site, considering the extreme spectrum of viewpoints; but I think I speak for everyone here when I say

THANKS, PAW! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

George

I think we all can understand this can feel like a thankless job.

"Why don't I do something simpler, like carry water uphill in a sieve?"

However, I think this is a tremendously good thing, and I'm hoping it can continue much longer.

If you don't find that in your heart, however, I think we could understand.

(((Pawtucket))) Thank you seems hardly adequate.

How does one express their appreciation for the light shined that draws one back to reality. The instrument through which one is able to reclaim ones own thought processes..that helps us recover to the point where we could again resume our journey...the return to ones actual true self?

How can I possibly express my gratitude, my indebtedness for providing the medium that played such a huge roll in not only helping me find *me* and my *voice*, but the courage to express it for the first time in decades?

How does one thank the person that has sacrificed their time, finances, and peace of mind to provide a haven for so many, many people needing a safe place to decompress and examine ones self, ones beliefs, ones perception of the very universe...a safe haven to recover from destructive thought processes?

I can`t Paw, I can`t offer adequate recompense, I can`t ease your burden, I can`t communicate how grateful I am, or express the impact of personal healing and growth that I have experienced participating here, or how in healing, in growing to be a stronger individual, that has helped me to be a better person, a better wife, and a better mother to my children.

I can only humbly thank God for what your efforts have accomplished....for what you have provided for so many thousands of to you nameless faces...for the positive impact that greasespot has had in our recovery processes, and hope that he in turn can provide for you, as he has done for so many of us through your efforts here.

Thank you Pawtucket, and all whom have given of themselves to keep grease spot up and running.

Cathy

God firstBeloved pawtucketGod loves you my dear friendI wish we could do you a movie like this to show you how you have help with DMiller or SirGuesalot playing the music and singingwatch and enjoy what some Ex-JW have put togetherthank youwith love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Man, I can't wait to hear the next part.

Paw, I have some ex-twi friends that don't or won't use GS. May I have permission to burn them CD's of the podcast? Of course, I will make no changes to the content and give you credit.

Paw, even though I haven't been here long, I'd like to thank you for providing GSC. Without this place, without the guidance and insight I've received from you all, I wouldn't have the knowledge of TWI that I do now, and I probably wouldn't have a steady foundation to stand on when I travel to see my girlfriend in May. It's a nice way for me to learn about TWI, and also it's given me an incentive to study even more into my own religious tradition and keep myself grounded.

Thank you Paw, and everyone here who has given their time to keep this place running. :)

Hey! Do what you need to do Pawtucket. Helping others is cool. but if it gets to where it's not helping you then I would consider shutting it down or passing it on to someone else. (not me..:) ).

Even after saying you will do it for another year, there could be a time in this year to change. So I guess I'm saying don't limit your options.

I have loved and hated being a part of this place and I'm better for it.

But if it isn't here I'll be somewhere!

Always Love, and Thanks.

I was someone as well who never really knew what the fog was till I came here a year and a half ago.  If the believers I've been around knew, they certainly weren't discussing it or telling me about it.

Thank God for this website, it has brought great deliverance and peace to me and others.

It is important to keep this site going to preserve the information here for those who haven't found it yet and for those who are searching for answers.

Paw, if anyone is ever to take over here, they must be endued with your intents and modus operandi.  I have been a part of web boards that have changed for the worse when they are either inherited by relatives or taken over by others.   We appreciate what you do here, let us know if we can do something for you?

Edited by but now I see

Hi Paw,

I guess 8 years and still *not* a grease spot is a good record. It would be interesting to do a visual timeline of events since the opening of the GSCafe. I haven't listened to the new podcast but I can feel the knots in my stomach already, the Fog years (as LCM, HRA and DEW referred to it, claiming that since the POP to 1989 when the trustees severed their ties with Geer was like a fog) was a very crazy time and although not planned by the HQ trustees I think it was well utilized and taken full advantage of by them.

A loud "Huzzah!" for the Grease Spot Cafe and all the management wait-staff and cooks, here's a raised cup of Joe for another 8 years.

BTW,

I think I left once and came back twice. ;)

Seth

Man, I can't wait to hear the next part.

Paw, I have some ex-twi friends that don't or won't use GS. May I have permission to burn them CD's of the podcast? Of course, I will make no changes to the content and give you credit.

I have no problem with that. Although they can listen from the front page and not have to come into the forums.

Paw,

Thanks again for all your efforts here at GSC and most recently for the anniversary interview covering 86-89 events. That was an excellent idea and the "third trunk leader" did a very fine job! For me, he provided some missing puzzle pieces that have left me wondering for 21 years...

Love to both of you,

penworks

Paw,

Congratulations on 8 years for the cafe, and thank you for your sacrifice and unending work on this place (and thanks to the mods and others behind the scenes)!

It's so easy to take this place for granted...I just assume it's going to be here when I want to pop in to see what's happening. I'm glad you're going to stay at it for at least another year. That said, you have to do what's right for you...there is no shame in that.

Even though I had been out of twi for over thirteen years when you started this place, there was still plenty of unfinished business in my head and heart from my twi experience. I had a lot of anger bubbling just barely under the surface from the betrayal by vp & company, but thanks to many of the posters here, the pieces to most of the puzzle have been found and I'm not so pi$$ed anymore.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the new podcast (only heard a bit of it this morning on T-Bone's computer before I left for work...great stuff from Ralph). Thank you Paw.