GreaseSpot Cafe

what did you do with your wow pin?

cheranne

I was just remembering how I use too hold on to stuff,when I left TWI for the 3rd on final time,I placed everything

neatly in the house in my room that I shared with three other military wows,I left it all except my bible and my

wow pin.

I hung on too both for a long long time..after I guess 15 years I let go of my wow pin and threw it in Deep Creek

Lake in Maryland.

I burned my bible and got a new one(there was just too much highlighted error in there)and that was refreshing

even though I cried when I burned my bible.

Seems we gave(people in The Way)so much of our life to this so called "ministry" it was hard to let go,and here

we are still talking about it too(it does seem to help)

who else would understand this but us.

First I trashed everything with martindales name on it and all my tapes went to the dump.

Then after a little bit of time I sold everything else on ebay including the wow pin.

What I learned that year had nothing to do with that pin.

I can't remember, that was 8 years ago coolchef.

Not much as I recall, maybe 20 or so, but this person really wanted it.

One person bought almost all my books, which included bullingers and thayers and more.

Whatever was left over went to the trash can.

as im not a wow vet, i hope im allowed in this topic =P

anyhoo, i have my dove pin still in the wall next to my computer.

it is however, now pointing up.

I had mine made into a really nice ring,and I wore it as a reminder to pray for the WOWs, past present and future. Now whenever I wear it I pray for all the wows, wherever they are, in hope they are having a good day in the sunshine of God's love and grace. (I think everyone who is trying to live for the Lord, no matter how misguided, the Lord enjoys, even He gets a good guffaw maybe at our antics.)

I always proudly wore my WOW pin whenever I was wearing a suit, even at non-TWI occassions. In the late 90's I was wearing it on my lapel when a guy who I had previously had a lot of respect for told me that since the WOW program had been ended, it was no longer appropriate to wear it. I still wore it for a while, but got worn down by the constant "correction".

I threw it out a couple of years ago.

I still have mine, its been sitting on the bureau for about 10 years next to a bear claw.

No matter how screwed up it all was- I earned it. i dont know what to do with it..I havent worn it in over 20 years.

I do sort of like the world in blue and gold symbol----thats not to say that I havent thought of making it into a fishing lure, trying to sneak it on the Mars Rover project, or burying it at Stonehenge..I just havent figured it out yet

Edited by mstar1

I gave mine to a friend who was only to able to serve nine months as a WOW.

She had health issues and her heart to serve was bigger then mine.

She had to leave and it almost crushed her.

I felt she earned one with God and gave her mine.

copenhagen

With various name tags in a drawer. In another country. Guess I should sort that stuff out one day.

I do have a Corps ring. I earned that. No way would I dispose of it. Even if no-one here even knows what it means.

The remaining Way mags got recycled last week.