GreaseSpot Cafe

New TWI Bumper Sticker

Watered Garden

Yesterday, Mr. Garden and I were going into a store when we noticed a van parked near the door. On its bumper a neat little white sticker with WC-green lettering:

The Way International

Promoting Biblical Understanding

Yeah, I thought, and a whole lot more you DON'T want to put on your car for all to see.

Didn't see anyone we recognized. Of course, we've been out for a long time, were never famous or prestigious for people to recognize, and a stream of hundreds of Wayfers could probably stroll right by and we be perfect strangers to one another.

But it gave me a little chill, and then a good, inward laugh.

WG

Edited by Watered Garden

In the late 90's they decided that the old green & black bumper stickers were "old wineskins" :rolleyes: and "suggested" that we take them off and replace them with the red & white Way of Abundance & Power stickers.

I wonder if you didn't adhere to the "suggestion" (bumper stickers aren't the easiest to off) if there was some kind of negative backlash for it.

"Promoting biblical understanding",No research?No teaching? Looks to me they are trying to "blend"

in with other organizations,makes em look mainstram?No more we got the answers type of thing.

Yeah.clean it up on the outside,still rotten on the inside.

Pretty bland,generic though to them it probably sounds better than churh."The Way Church".

The way cult is a good one.How about The Way promoting adultry?

Well, at least they're not pretending to be a research, teaching, and fellowship ministry - they're a little bit closer to being honest now...

This reminds me of a stow-ry.

When I was on the phone with M Fort, the then-trunk coordinator (gag me), immediately after I was marked and avoided and I was trying to speak to lcm on the phone, M Fort told me to go find a nice secular counselor, that the way was "not a research, teaching, and COUNSELING ministry". Huge emphasis on COUNSELING, as if he were choking over the very word.

I had asked him if I was that messed up and out of control of my mind, couldn't I live near some strong way corps so I could get help in "the household" while I got myself unpossessed of my supposed homosexuality. I had been a faithful twiggy for 15 years at that point...

Personally, I find the new slogan hysterical. Thanks for the laugh, WG! :biglaugh:

we need a bumper sticker

GreaseSpot Cafe

Promoting Cult Understanding

I'd buy several.

I'm pretty sure it was promoting though it might have been building. It was praked in a handciapped parking spot. I was hoping LCM was there in a wheelchair so I could dump him out and kick his head.

Handicapped spot? Couldn't possibly be twi... that would mean the person wasn't believing to be healed, right?? :asdf:

Uncle Harry had a Cadillac with a license plate that said "The Way."

I think it was the Caddy he had to give back as a result of a lawsuit way back when, but then he liked Cadillacs so it could have been another one, or several, as you can transfer a license plate from one vehicle to another here in Ohio.

WG

This topic reminded me of the time( well, ,one of many times) I was raked over the coals by the limb leader in Ct. He happened to see me drive by on the states busiest highway, and was astonished that I didn't display a way bumper sticker.

I had 2 thoughts. One was frustration that I couldn't even drive down the street without doing something 'wrong', and the other was wondering why he'd even want to advertise the way on my piece of junk 200 dollar car which was all I could afford, and was usually stuck on the side of the road while I took advantage of the guy in my twig who knew how to fix cars, to come out and do repairs for free.

I was handed a bumper sticker, and practically followed out to my car to make sure I put it on. I don't recall if he made me pay for the bumper sticker, but it wouldn't surprise me if I did.

This topic reminded me of the time( well, ,one of many times) I was raked over the coals by the limb leader in Ct. He happened to see me drive by on the states busiest highway, and was astonished that I didn't display a way bumper sticker.

I had 2 thoughts. One was frustration that I couldn't even drive down the street without doing something 'wrong', and the other was wondering why he'd even want to advertise the way on my piece of junk 200 dollar car which was all I could afford, and was usually stuck on the side of the road while I took advantage of the guy in my twig who knew how to fix cars, to come out and do repairs for free.

I was handed a bumper sticker, and practically followed out to my car to make sure I put it on. I don't recall if he made me pay for the bumper sticker, but it wouldn't surprise me if I did.

Maybe he gave you the bumper sticker to help keep that rusty bumper on your $200 junk car?

I hope that was an "Ask me how to live The Way of Abundance and Power" bumper sticker! :biglaugh:

That just makes me want to take out a black permanent magic marker and cross out the word "Promoting" and replace it with "Obscuring".

Try:

THE RAPE OF THE MIND!

I had a BC try the same thing with me. My suggestion was to let me wash the car first to make sure it stayed on well. Well...a whole lot of years later and still no bumper sticker. :rolleyes: Ugh, those WAP class stickers were embarrassing. Perhaps they could have just said "I'm a weirdo, keep your kids away from me!"