GreaseSpot Cafe

Has the re-recruitment surge started again?

skyrider

Some of my ex-twi friends are starting to get those "out of the blue" phone calls from twi followers....... those ice-breaker calls to just say "hi." Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

BUT.......it doesn't take long before the conversation is steered to, "You oughta come back to fellowship...... or, Things are really happening now -- things have changed.........or, You're missing out -- it's really great again."

How can things in twi have so changed...........WHEN THE OLD GUARD IS STILL THE SAME..??

:evildenk:

What! Broken Cisterns that can hold no water in

"the promised land" :blink: shut up!!!

O NO NO I don't smoke that sht no more got tired of waking up on the floor. :asdf::asdf::asdf::doh: Then go outside and howl at the moon and thank GOD for FREEDOM! :eusa_clap::dance::dance::dance:

I remember back in the 90's.. one branch guy had I don't know how many sheets of names and info of people in the area who took the "miracle" class..

I think it was the same strategy then, go beating the bushes for unfortunate candidates to come to twig..

They must've lost my phone number. ;)

Or else they figured out I REALLY AM apostate. :biglaugh:

Apostate: Abandonment of a previous loyalty.

I tend to think that they've still got me on their *mark/avoid* list..........so I really don't expect a phone call anytime soon.

Yeah.....I wouldn't be surprised if my name hasn't been mentioned on a corps night or two......with references to GSC and pozzezzed in the same sentence.

:biglaugh:

I dunno, it might be a real hoot to go back and watch jaws drop when we DIDN`T stand for the mog, when we DIDN`T pucker up.

I don`t think that they could handle anyone who wasn`t instantly obedient to every decree.

Wouldn`t it be worth the price of boredom to just once say *NO* when someone inserted their nose or opinions in your business and watch their faces get splotchy and prurple with rage?

What if we did go back and offer an opinion about a teaching or decline to take classes?

Naw, I don`t think they`d really have us back for long.

It is amazing to me though that they would allow us weak spiritual zeros back into the fold with all of the dangers we once posed to be in the presence of those who have crossed into zion.

Seriously though, I had the *roa* dream again last night. Geemany, it has been 21 years since the last one I attended.

Edited by rascal

Rascal,

I'd think that for those of us who left in the mid-80's that we'd hardly recognize a TWI meeting of today. I wonder if they still have those Sing Along The Way books? You know.. one thing that always irked me about those song books was that all it had was the words.... no music notes... unless you KNEW the song you had no idea of the melody. Somehow Dorothy and Rhoda always had the music in front of them when they played the songs at SNS.

It was explained to me that TWI had copyright issues in publishing anything other than the words. I don't doubt it.. all churches have hymnals in their pews with both words AND music but TWI? They wouldn't pay a dime.. but they charged dearly to take all their classes. Anyone remember what they charged for Dealing with The Adversary?

sudo

Rascal,

I'd think that for those of us who left in the mid-80's that we'd hardly recognize a TWI meeting of today. I wonder if they still have those Sing Along The Way books? You know.. one thing that always irked me about those song books was that all it had was the words.... no music notes... unless you KNEW the song you had no idea of the melody. Somehow Dorothy and Rhoda always had the music in front of them when they played the songs at SNS.

They are still around, although when I was in TWI they went from beige/brownish covers to blue and added some really lame, non-musical songs in.

It was explained to me that TWI had copyright issues in publishing anything other than the words. I don't doubt it.. all churches have hymnals in their pews with both words AND music but TWI? They wouldn't pay a dime.. but they charged dearly to take all their classes. Anyone remember what they charged for Dealing with The Adversary?

sudo

It was converted to "Defeating the Adversary" long ago by LCM, and it's a prerequisite for the advanced class.

Perhaps Bobby boy and Dotters will call Belle, begging on bended knee and uttering heartfelt apologies for treating her so badly! :evildenk:

Probably not, though! :wink2:

We moved more than halfway across the country, and weren't worth all that much to them anyway, so I don't expect any calls any time soon.

WG

Edited by Watered Garden

It appears that they have been at this for a couple of years, at least. About two years ago, I got a call from my old TC. Actually, he just called and didn't even leave a message; but I saw his name on caller ID and called him back. After a few minutes of BS, he suggested that I come back to Twig. The problems from before, of course were due to the then-BC, and he's out of the area now...

I thanked him for his time and pointed out that the "problems" were a lot deeper than the old BC, and that I would not be returning to TWI.

I haven't heard from him (or any of the handful of others still in the Houston area) since.

George

I would probably be doing the same thing if I was still in......recruiting! Thank God No more green cards! If you don't know the truth about TWI, you are still of the mindset that it's God's chosen ministry.

Just wondering, did anyone receive apologies from people? I had one gal who said, was there any way that I harmed or hurt you?

I want to apologize for it if I did. Thing was she wasis a wonderful women who never intentionly hurt or harm anyone. The people who did damage to my life....never heard from them! On the other hand, I did track down one person I felt that I had really mistreated and apologized to her for my behavior.

It's a long, long, road to travel isn't it??

Just wondering, did anyone receive apologies from people? I had one gal who said, was there any way that I harmed or hurt you?

I want to apologize for it if I did. Thing was she wasis a wonderful women who never intentionly hurt or harm anyone.

Funny that years ago, I think it was even back to Waydale, I got a like conditional apology from someone who is still around on GS. I couldnt remember anything at the time. Upon further reflection, i did remember something it could have applied to. It was pretty doggone minor, and i never saw the need to re-bring it up. My guess is that if I mention it after all these years, we could both have a nice laugh!