GreaseSpot Cafe

Unto Raf a son is born

Raf

Many, many congratulations!

Including being able to log in long enough to actually post in the middle of all that.

Now, of course, you realize YOU don't have the baby-the baby has YOU. ;)

I'm sure you'll be very happy about this in the long term, despite individual

moments of frustration here and there.

At least, with his complexion, nobody's trying to convince you he has jaundice.

When I was born, before I got a few minutes of real sunlight, people were trying

to scare my parents like that. My pediatrician took one look at me and laughed

that off. Sure enough, all I needed was a few minutes of sunlight to tan a little.

Congratulations! Beautiful baby, Raf.

Things that surprised me about babies right after birth -

-they're so light, even at 7 or 8 pounds, they seem light as a feather.

-cleaned up, they smell pretty good. For awhile. The smell of baby powder is nice.

-they kind of unfold and unstretch the first hour or so. Ears, legs, arms, they get really pink and soft.

-they look so shocked once their eyes get focused - like "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS???" and it's interesting to see how bonded they are to Mom. The Dad too, but mostly Mom. It's cool.

What are you seeing, Raf? Would love to read your Report, when you get a mo'.

Again, all our best to you and the Mom. You are now and always will be, forever, The Dad. Enjoy it, there's nothing like it. And start saving now if you haven't already. :)

Congratulations Raf and Mrs. Raf (more to the latter, since she did the really hard work :) )

Leonardo is gorgeous. And that second photo is spectacular. Tell your wife that few women look that beautiful so soon after giving birth!

Few women, that is, except on TV and in the movies... :)

Linda's right... that second pic is something that would make an incredible painted portrait.

Thank you all for your kindness. I can't share al my observations because of sensory overload and lack of sleep. :)

I just wanted to give a public thank you to Rocky, who's been a chat buddy at all hours when I could get my computer to work.

What great pictures.

It all brings back so many wonderful memories as though they happened yesterday.

Ain't THAT the truth!

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Congratulations!

Carl Sandburg: "A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."

What a blessing!

I'm kinda choked up here.

WG

Amen! (to each of your points WG)

Thank you all for your kindness. I can't share al my observations because of sensory overload and lack of sleep. :)

I just wanted to give a public thank you to Rocky, who's been a chat buddy at all hours when I could get my computer to work.

btw, no thanks is necessary. I stay up way too late and am on line usually. It was a joy to share some of my recollections from when my daughter was born. I'm sure we all have the utmost confidence that Raf will be an amazing dad!

Congratulations Raf, and hopefully your wife and you can get some sleep quickly. With my daughter, she was mostly sleeping through the night after about a month, so while those days without sleep were hell, just know that there is an end to it, and to enjoy your son as a baby because he will change faster than you realize.

A song for Raf and Family

I think this is just a beautiful song, perhaps you can use it for a background for all those wonderful pictures you will have.

Angel's Lullaby

I was never alive

'Til the day I was blessed with you

When I hold you late at night

I know what I was put here to do

I turn off the world and listen to you sigh

And I will sing my Angel's Lullaby

Know I'm forever near

The one you can always call

Right all you know to fear

Are the shadows on your wall

I'm here close enough

To kiss the tears you cry

And I will sing my Angel's Lullaby

So tell me how to stop the years from racing

Is there a secret someone knows?

I'll never catch all the memories I'm chasing

I'll never be ready to let go

And when the world seems cold

And you feel that all of your strength is gone

There may be one tiny voice

Your reason to carry on

And when I'm not close enough

To kiss the tears you cry

You will sing your Angel's Lullaby

Let this be our Angel's Lullaby

Awwwww.... Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Raf !!!!! What a sweet, sweet face that boy has.

Life will never be the same, but having a kid is a wonderful journey. Forget the TV, we just spent all our time watching ours learn, grow, and explore... they are fascinating creatures that will never cease to amaze, amuse, and frustrate you. Have fun!!

THW