GreaseSpot Cafe

Tents

Oakspear

I've always loved camping and being in a tent.

But my experience at RoA was never "tented" in a little tent. Got to spend one RoA in a huge tent (marquee) on a camp bed.

And another in some hut kind of thing. (Now what was that? It had bunk beds and slept about 12 people.) Was that one of those Waytels or Corpstels or whatever they were?

And I just returned from several nights in a little tent with a good friend. We camped on a refreshingly breezy hillside overlooking an enormous estuary. In the evenings, lounging outside the tent sipping red wine. Before having a lovely hot shower (plenty of hot water) and flopping into bed.

Ah, camping.... :love3:

Whenever I see a good sale on a huge tent in sales papers, I think back to the my late teens and twenties at the Rock and think what a nice tent that would have made. Still not nicer, though, than the one year I stayed in an RV (1974 at Shelby Fairgrounds) and several years I stayed in motels ...

I found clowns frightening before. With the thought of VP in clown getup I now find them terrifying.

like Stephen King's "It"?

Think I'll go pitch a tent in the backyard for old time's sake. Then I'll go stand outside the bathroom for 15 minutes before I go in. Don't know how to get that sulfer smell into the water, though.

Don't forget to have that Beautiful Ohio song blaring bright and early in the morning.

:yawn1:

to bad that wasn't the recording played at ROA :smilie_kool_aid::biglaugh: reminds me of the civil war song Tenting tonight on the old campgrounds, an old song from Victor's youth :rolleyes::who_me:

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

LOL you know it was some sadistic jerks Idea to play that every morning.

Heheheheheeeh!

THanks Waysider... for the memories... I can still hear it come crackling over the loudspeaker in my memory! Roflmao.

"14 He that blesseth his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted a curse to him."

Proverbs 27:14

Love,

Steve

We went camping last week, nothing like the ROA, but I thought of it! My sis owns a remote lot with a tiny cabin in NW Montana near the Canadian border, on a creek. We cooked on the grill, had a fire at night, drank beer, splashed in the creek, read books, played card games and used a real outhouse. Kids fished, we brought the dogs who didn't need to be leashed and I crocheted and tossed the squeaky ball for my little dog. Nobody had to dress up or fix their hair. I slept on a good air mattress and there was no rain to deal with. No cell phone reception or electricity. Much nicer than the ROA, which was like a convention held in tents instead of a hotel.

I was thinking of the ROA yesterday while chasing flies around in the kitchen. Didn't VPW or LCM teach once that devil spirits are attracted to flies and filth or something? Seemed like there was always a boatload of flies buzzing around the ROA.

And I thank my God I don't have to camp in a tent ever again if I don't want to (and I don't!).

WG

Nobody had to dress up or fix their hair. I slept on a good air mattress and there was no rain to deal with. No cell phone reception or electricity. Much nicer than the ROA, which was like a convention held in tents instead of a hotel.

Yeah, who the heck thought dressing up in "Sunday Best" was EVER a good idea while camping??